What a healthy Tannehill would do this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a healthy Tannehill would do this year?

Aquablood

Active Roster
Reaction score
For Gase supporters , one single excuse comes up every week is this season is a wash because RT went down.
Lets exam this theory. RT was a lower tier qb thru his entire nfl career except last year. Under Gase last year, RT improved somewhat. His qb rating was an amazing 48.6 last season. 24th on the list of 30. It is not even average. It was below average. Lets not make him into a Brady, Brees, Rogers, Wilson or even Sam Bradford. RT is no savior. Can he improve our record this year? may be, by one game if that. RT cannot make the line block better, protect better, eliminate stupid mistakes. RT cannot make Timmons play game one. RT cannot make JT run faster. RT cannot make OL coach stay clean. RT cannot make Manaluga reported to camp in shape and stop drinking in bar early in the morning.

Most importantly, RT cannot make the opposing defense stop stacking the box and shut down the running.

Wake up, Gase supporters. Stop using RT not playing as an excuse. Do you really the RT is the top tier qb that when the run game is not working, put the offense on his shoulder and pass 350 yds to win the game?

Gase cannot get a pass this year. He did a good job last year, may be due to some lucks and weak schedule. But OK, whatever, give Gase credit. But it is a two ways street. Gase sucks this year. And losing RT is not a valid excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't own a crystal ball that provides insite to an alternate reality, so I cannot answer your question.

I don't own a crystal ball that answers question pertaining to an alternate reality, so I cannot answer your question.
No one can. But from the facts and points that I stated. You can draw a conclusion. Unless you are wearing rose colored glasses.

Someone had his lunch money stolen by Ryan Tannehill on the playground and he still hasn't forgiven him.

The personality of this offense would be a lot different with RT under center. He is not the most mobile QB in the NFL but he would add another wrinkle to the offense and give the defense something else to game plan against if he was in there. I also believe that the offense would play with more passion and intensity with him in there. You can see the mood and body language of the team change as soon as Cutler is out and Matt Moore, of all people, goes in there.

In short, there is a domino effect that would make the offense much better with RT in there. As far as the defense goes, I think they would improve if the offense didn't have 3 and outs all the time and if they weren't put in bad field position time after time. Would we be challenging the Patriots for the division? Absolutely not but the team would look a lot different if they had RT under center.

No one can. But from the facts and points that I stated. You can draw a conclusion. Unless you are wearing rose colored glasses.
You can't draw conclusions on speculations on something that can never be verified. That's not how logic works.

Facts...
latest

Anyone who uses ESPN’s extremely subjective and highly inaccurate QBR automatically loses any credibility.

Any time someone brings up ESPN's total QBR, I am compelled to point out that it is a 'statistic' which quite literally changes based on the performance of a quarterback's special teams and defense. For instance, if a quarterback puts his team up by 3 points with 2 seconds to play on a touchdown pass, his QBR increases significantly. However, if the ensuing kickoff is returned for a touchdown, his QBR actually goes right back down.

It is an incredibly stupid creation, and the reason that ESPN has never released the full formula is almost certainly that ESPN tweaks specific numbers in order to create blowhard discussion on its various shows and hype up matches for Monday Night football.

The passer rating statistic that has been in use for decades is not perfect, but it is pretty good. It is also a readily available formula that anyone can compute by plugging in numbers from the box score. The only real flaw I have with the NFL's passer rating calculation is that it puts a little too much emphasis on completion percentage, but overall it is not a bad metric.

Someone had his lunch money stolen by Ryan Tannehill on the playground and he still hasn't forgiven him.

The personality of this offense would be a lot different with RT under center. He is not the most mobile QB in the NFL but he would add another wrinkle to the offense and give the defense something else to game plan against if he was in there. I also believe that the offense would play with more passion and intensity with him in there. You can see the mood and body language of the team change as soon as Cutler is out and Matt Moore, of all people, goes in there.

In short, there is a domino effect that would make the offense much better with RT in there. As far as the defense goes, I think they would improve if the offense didn't have 3 and outs all the time and if they weren't put in bad field position time after time. Would we be challenging the Patriots for the division? Absolutely not but the team would look a lot different if they had RT under center.
There are so many flaws in your statement that just pick out the most obvious one.
With RT under the center, the defensive coordinators will not change one bit in their game planning. It will still be 8-9 men box, stop the run and force RT to throw. If you think that is not true, then you are delusional.
News flash for you, RT has NOT earned the respect in the eyes of DC yet.

Any time someone brings up ESPN's total QBR, I am compelled to point out that it is a 'statistic' which quite literally changes based on the performance of a quarterback's special teams and defense. For instance, if a quarterback puts his team up by 3 points with 2 seconds to play on a touchdown pass, his QBR increases significantly. However, if the ensuing kickoff is returned for a touchdown, his QBR actually goes right back down.

It is an incredibly stupid creation, and the reason that ESPN has never released the full formula is almost certainly that ESPN tweaks specific numbers in order to create blowhard discussion on its various shows and hype up matches for Monday Night football.

The passer rating statistic that has been in use for decades is not perfect, but it is pretty good. It is also a readily available formula that anyone can compute by plugging in numbers from the box score. The only real flaw I have with the NFL's passer rating calculation is that it puts a little too much emphasis on completion percentage, but overall it is not a bad metric.
when the stat not fit the narrative, then it is bad stat. How conveniences.
You can not tell me that RT can throw over 300 yds to win when the running game is shut down.
With this line, and his pocket presence, opposing DE will have a field day. Lets face it, RT is a game manager, not a game changer.

Lol at ESPN QBR. Anther useless thread.

Never trust any calculation that is based on hidden factors you can't see. Ever.

For instance, don't ever trust pseudo random number generation spit out by a computer.

when the stat not fit the narrative, then it is bad stat. How conveniences.
You can not tell me that RT can throw over 300 yds to win when the running game is shut down.
With this line, and his pocket presence, opposing DE will have a field day. Lets face it, RT is a game manager, not a game changer.

No, I've been saying it's a bad stat since it was introduced. I have a 6 year post history on this site in which I've been saying the exact same thing, regardless of who the quarterback was. Whether it was Chad Henne, Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill, or whoever we were playing against.

ESPN's Total QBR is a flat out joke.

And quite frankly, I was trying to be nice to you by not simply dismissing your post as outright garbage from the jump. Instead, I explained exactly why ESPN's total QBR is a bad foundation for an argument. That you immediately decided to attack me and my motivation for posting that, well, let's just say that it stinks in here and I hope somebody flushes it soon.

There are so many flaws in your statement that just pick out the most obvious one.
With RT under the center, the defensive coordinators will not change one bit in their game planning. It will still be 8-9 men box, stop the run and force RT to throw. If you think that is not true, then you are delusional.
News flash for you, RT has NOT earned the respect in the eyes of DC yet.

Yet, all last season Tannehill's ability to attack downfield opened up the running lanes that Ajayi enjoyed. The games are being called well from an OC perspective...almost every play there are there are WR wide open, Cutler just has a fear of getting hit or misreads the play and it falls incomplete. You say that DCs have no respect for Tannehill, yet you provide no proof...like the hypothetical you propose, you seem to know what coaches in the NFL think.

Back
Top Bottom