What a title game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a title game

Agent51 said:
Did I compare them? No, I SAID you claim USC has faced better teams and thats why their stats might be lower but there is no excuse, other than they aren't good, for USC's secondary to be ranked that low. USC hasn't faced any team that has a simply amazing air attack, while Texas' secondary is rated so high and we HAVE faced a team with a good passing attack, the BEST passing attack in fact, in the undefeated Texas Tech Red Raiders so IF either secondary is going to shut down the other teams QB than Texas' has a MUCH better shot than USC's. THAT'S what I said, I never said TT has a better offense than USC, nor did I compare it. You have provided no stats/facts except for saying "usc plays better people", your entire "argument" is based on your opinion and digs at Texas/praise for USC.

I think Notre Dames passing game is pretty good ;)

texas tech's passing attack is only a threat if you're florida international or prairie a&m or whatever other crappy division IAA teams they played this year

ether79 said:
ND???????

OK, I kinda forgot about ND, my bad, but the point is ONE game against ND doesn't drop their rankings into the 70s and 50s, their secondary is just BAD.

Agent51 said:
OK, I kinda forgot about ND, my bad, but the point is ONE game against ND doesn't drop their rankings into the 70s and 50s, their secondary is just BAD.

There secondary is definitely suspect, I think they can handle Young and Texas though. I hope Im wrong, I hate USC

Agent51 said:

Arizona St. is 3rd in the nation in passing avg, Oregon-8th, Hawaii-2nd, ND-4th.. so that looks like some pretty good passing teams.

ether79 said:
Arizona St. is 3rd in the nation in passing avg, Oregon-8th, Hawaii-2nd, ND-4th.. so that looks like some pretty good passing teams.

True, but a National Championship-caliber defense isn't ranked that low. Look I'm not sayin Young is going to bomb all ovr them etc etc, all I'm saying is both have high powered offenses so it will be a shootout, and in theory Texas should, and can, win that matchup because they have a MUCH better defense which should be able to come up with more stops than USC's defense.

if USC's pass defense is ranked 50th, i like their chances bsaed on young's performance against the 117th ranked defense today

Agent51 said:
True, but a National Championship-caliber defense isn't ranked that low. Look I'm not sayin Young is going to bomb all ovr them etc etc, all I'm saying is both have high powered offenses so it will be a shootout, and in theory Texas should, and can, win that matchup because they have a MUCH better defense which should be able to come up with more stops than USC's defense.

Well after watching that D today I have to say I just don't know. Stats are what they are. Everyone can throwout this stat and that stat but rarely do they look at the teams that those stats where compiled against. THere is no discussion as to who has the harder schedule. No reason tho even bring that up though, Leinart and Bush has a track record of coming through when they have to. And so far the D has proven to be bendable but not breakable. So Texas gave A&M all the chance in the world to win it, if McNeil was out there they might have...so I wouldn't worry about USCs D I'd worry right now about Texas' D.

kastofsna120 said:
if USC's pass defense is ranked 50th, i like their chances bsaed on young's performance against the 117th ranked defense today

Then I like Texas' chances based on USC's defensive performance against Fresno State last week, which has the 36th ranked rush offense and 40th ranked pass offense, Texas has the 2nd and 35th ranked offenses respectively.

Back
Top Bottom