What About Nnamdi Asomugha? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What About Nnamdi Asomugha?

I think there is a chance this guy shakes free...If I were him...I wouldn't sign the tender...because there are plenty of teams with cap room left to fit in his contract.
I also think the Raiders may remove his designation as PFT suggests. They have doled out a lot of money this offseason. If he does get freed...we should ABSOLUTELY go after him. I think he might be better than Samuel or Hall.

Read the thread start already explains it all. Oakland had the 4th pick in the draft and now won't have one until 4th round.
the thread start does not explain a thing where does it say they traded a first for him and where is your link that he has been traded? :)

He's worth the cash. Getting him would make this a really stellar offseason, and free up pick #32 (which I was guessing would go for the best CB on the board) for O-line.

Man...we shouldn't get too excited about this because the chances of it happening are slim to none.

If Al Davis had any brains he'd unload Nnamdi for the CowBoys two first rd picks.

we should give our first second for him and see if it is enough. i am not one for giving picks up in the rebuilding years but this guy is that good and is young, we have to the cash to sign him, hten we can either get back a 2nd by trading jt or just suck it up wiht only one second. then we get jake long, nnambi, erin henderon, chilo rachal and stil get to keep jt. idk that covers lot of needs, but then agian this isnt madden and im no GM, so whatever happens works with me.

If Al Davis had any brains he'd unload Nnamdi for the CowBoys two first rd picks
we should give our first second for him and see if it is enough
The only way for any team to trade for him is if he signs the tender and Oakland then trades him. It is very unlikely that would happen, however Oakland would not have a cap hit while trading him because franchise tenders dont come with a signing bonus.If Oakland rescinds its exclusive rights tag on him, he would instantly become an unrestricted free agent.

If Asoughma was to be let go, he would command big money. Considering where the standard contract for a CB right now in this market, he would want somewhere close to Samuel money. I dont see Bill willing to unload that much money for him because he probably believes that he could get a good corner in the draft. He did unload big money in trying to acquire Pace which makes it interesting.

In the end, I think Asoughma will be with the Raider Nation for this upcoming year and will be let go the next year. If he ends up with a monster season like he did a couple years ago where he got ten picks, he will command B.I.G money, likely more then Samuel which would possibly take us out of the running for his services.

I still have yet to see this hall trade reported anywhere let alone anything about oakland giving up their first. i'm in the bay area and have heard nothing about this and last thing i read hall said he was not in oakland and and has not given the ok on any trade or contract.

I still have yet to see this hall trade reported anywhere let alone anything about oakland giving up their first. i'm in the bay area and have heard nothing about this and last thing i read hall said he was not in oakland and and has not given the ok on any trade or contract.

This is all I have seen reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/15/bc.fbn.falcons.halltrad.ap/index.html

Thats interesting that it has not been reported anywhere in the Bay area.

Wow, so you can take the franchise tag OFF of a player? That's interesting. He was my #1 free agent target going into the off-season, and if he becomes available we should definitley go after him. He's a top 3 CB in the league, and right now it would be cheaper to get him than next off-season because many people may just look at interceptions and see that he only got 1 this year. If he has a good year interception wise this upcoming season, he will be a lot more expensive next off-season.

Back
Top Bottom