What can we really expect from FA? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What can we really expect from FA?

We seem to have a thing for Eagles cast aways, and Trey Burton fits a need and has the potential to be a solid starter at tight end. He's stuck behind one of the best in football. I could see the Dolphins going after him to eliminate another draft need. Wouldn't mind taking a chance on Eifert at the right price as he is a GREAT player the rare times he's healthy.

Gotta sign an offensive lineman or two. Would like to keep Landry, Parkey, and Hayes. Otherwise, I'm good. Time to build through the draft.

The first thing he did arriving in KC was trading for Smith. Smith is available. Kizer would make a decent developmental back up. The fastest way to make that franchise not winless would be that.

Trade one of their seconds for Smith, draft Darnold, keep Kizer, trade down from #4, cut Gordon (he's always suspended either way), draft a #1 WR, trade for Landry and James, they already have the rest of the oline, RB and TE taken care of. Now that would be an offense.

The Alex Smith scenario is plausible. Dumping picks outside of the QB, I don't think so. Cleveland has already won in my opinion, just by adding Dorsey.

I do love these type threads. But, at this point, its just too early to say. Once we see the draft start to solidify a bit more it will drive the scarcity of the FA's more into focus at certain positions, and we'll have a lot better idea of what is realistic. Right now, many of the top FA's are illusions, and they'll never really hit the market. Too hard to guess on all of that to even make a worthwhile prediction yet.

I do love these type threads. But, at this point, its just too early to say. Once we see the draft start to solidify a bit more it will drive the scarcity of the FA's more into focus at certain positions, and we'll have a lot better idea of what is realistic. Right now, many of the top FA's are illusions, and they'll never really hit the market. Too hard to guess on all of that to even make a worthwhile prediction yet.

That is true but the best way to evaluate what the FO does is being familiar with the alternatives they have.

Unless we franchise and trade Landry, meaning, if we resign him or let him walk we will be forced to only spend that amount on one, maybe two FAs. Its not that hard to pick one from the ones 'available' at this point.

All the FO changes in Cle reek of 3-4 defense. Will they change?

All the FO changes in Cle reek of 3-4 defense. Will they change?

All depends how they allocate their resources. And they got plenty of ammo to have a effect on this draft. I would watch BUF possibly moving up with their 1s.

Nothing to extreme.

Maybe a CJ Anderson and a TE.
I think with the hire of the RB coach from Denver, Anderson is as close to a lock at being snapped up by Miami. Even for less money that other teams may offer.

His response to the sacking of the coach speaks volumes.

Trey Burton is NOT a TE. He is a Y-receiver only. He is nothing but a big slot receiver and he is going to be enormously over paid. These are the kind of signings that should be avoided like the plague.

Trey Burton is NOT a TE. He is a Y-receiver only. He is nothing but a big slot receiver and he is going to be enormously over paid. These are the kind of signings that should be avoided like the plague.

I agree. We also already have that in Derby. We need a balanced TE who lines up in line but can run and catch.

Back
Top Bottom