What does everyone think about trying to get.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does everyone think about trying to get....

Miami_Dolphins

Believer
Reaction score
hey, i am new here, as you can see. But me and my dad were thinking and we thought, maybe doug flutie could become miamis starter.

Reasons why i think so:

1. He is rotting on the bench in SD
2. He is a proven QB, and can bring teams back from behind.
3. He's Mobile, which is what we need with a new O-Line
4. SD is like our farm team :)
5. We need a QB

dunno, just my input.

Actually that is not such a bad idea, but I still want to wait and see what Feeley can do. Maybe if he is stinking up the whole place in preseason, than I would consider it, but it is too early for that right now.

hey welcome to the board. anyway i don't think doug flutie is a good pick up because he is old basically. Th e same doug flutie you saw kicking our butts in buffalo is not the same one putting on a charger helmet today. he is back-up at best

Flutie is finished.

He's not much more than an icon who makes occasional blocks downfield to excite the fans at this point. I'd even bank a season on Fiedler before I would with Doug at this stage of his career.

Smithboy said:
Flutie is finished.

He's not much more than an icon who makes occasional blocks downfield to excite the fans at this point. I'd even bank a season on Fiedler before I would with Doug at this stage of his career.
Flutie wouldn't be any teams future. I'd take him over Fiedler though.

I would disown the Fins if they ever got Flutie. Flutie is a gimmic that works for a few games and then stops.

He was beaten out by Rob Johnson and Drew Brees, enough said.

Miami_Dolphins said:
hey, i am new here, as you can see. But me and my dad were thinking and we thought, maybe doug flutie could become miamis starter.

Reasons why i think so:

1. He is rotting on the bench in SD
2. He is a proven QB, and can bring teams back from behind.
3. He's Mobile, which is what we need with a new O-Line
4. SD is like our farm team :)
5. We need a QB

dunno, just my input.
Well welcome....But, please...don't ever mention flutie flakes with Miami again!
I got a little nausea when I first read it...We don't need someone's washed up year or two backup.:o

Flutie is (or at least was) great as a guy you bring off the bench when nothing else is working, but he has too many limitations for consistent success. He is easy to figure out and game plan against. That's why he has never had any season long success in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom