what does this do for the Big East BCS bid now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what does this do for the Big East BCS bid now?

F

FLOUNDER

Since rutgers beat louisville, and if we (wvu) in out and beat rutgers

Which team would be going to a BCS game??

How does this all work?

Whoever wins the Big East gets the Orange Bowl like spyder pointed out in another thread. I'm not sure how the tie breaker would work out.

So if WVU wins out, do you think we'd get the nod then?

Because louisville has to drop farther than us, atleast to 12 or 13th

I think if West Va beats Rutgers then they would get the bid because I assume they would be ranked the highest out of the 3 teams . . . however I know before all of this BCS nonsense . . . Bowls had a great influence who they would want to take . . . I doubt that is the case now.

WestVirginiaFan said:
So if WVU wins out, do you think we'd get the nod then?

Because louisville has to drop farther than us, atleast to 12 or 13th

The rankings wont really matter. It will depend on the tie breaker for who wins the division. So WVU could be ranked ahead of UofL but if UofL has the tie breaker and wins the divions they'd get the bowl game I believe. I doubt the tie breaker for who wins the conference is who is the highest ranked team. I suppose one of the teams who doesnt win the division could get an at large bid though

DonShula84 said:
The rankings wont really matter. It will depend on the tie breaker for who wins the division. So WVU could be ranked ahead of UofL but if UofL has the tie breaker and wins the divions they'd get the bowl game I believe. I doubt the tie breaker for who wins the conference is who is the highest ranked team. I suppose one of the teams who doesnt win the division could get an at large bid though

But if West Va beats Rutgers
Rutgers beat the Lou
the Lou beat West Va

no tiebreakers there.

Maybe Points scored? Iono

in the SEC Divisions, they go to the BCS standings, i believe. so that's why i bet the Big East does the same thing in a three-way tie.

UF Fin Kat said:
in the SEC Divisions, they go to the BCS standings, i believe. so that's why i bet the Big East does the same thing in a three-way tie.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Worry about next week, not the bowls!

:yeahthat:

Thats very intresting, like i mentioned

I would assume that the higest BCS ranked team would get in

Because reguadless, if WVU beats Rutgers, that will leave all 3 teams with 1 loss

UF Fin Kat said:

Ok, I wasnt sure if they'd use that or some other way of determining it. I guess BCS ranking makes the most sense

if WVU beats rutgers, which would be the last game of the season, then they'd definitely be the highest ranked of the three.

I think WV if they win out gets the BCS bid.

I also think the Orange Bowl is the place the BIG EAST team ends up vs the ACC Champ. Unless by some minor miracle Rutgers finds its way to the final game.

Back
Top Bottom