what does this do for the Big East BCS bid now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what does this do for the Big East BCS bid now?

UF Fin Kat said:
in the SEC Divisions, they go to the BCS standings, i believe. so that's why i bet the Big East does the same thing in a three-way tie.
You sure that's what happened when UTenn, UF, UGA were all tied for the East?...I thought it was the away team in a head to head match

Cuban Dave 9 said:
You sure that's what happened when UTenn, UF, UGA were all tied for the East?...I thought it was the away team in a head to head match
yeah i remember that's where i heard the rule from first.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Since rutgers beat louisville, and if we (wvu) in out and beat rutgers

Which team would be going to a BCS game??

How does this all work?
Not West Virgin!:wink:

MikeO said:
I think WV if they win out gets the BCS bid.

I also think the Orange Bowl is the place the BIG EAST team ends up vs the ACC Champ. Unless by some minor miracle Rutgers finds its way to the final game.

Worst BCS Bowl match-up....... EVER !!!!!!!!!!!

A potential Rutgers vs Wake Forest. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Cuban Dave 9 said:
If I remember right that was up to the league (in this case the SEC) coaches. They voted. BUT that was just who won the EAST, not the SEC. I think for the Big East since they don't have a champ game... would probably be down to either one of the poll rankings or the BCS rankings. IT all depends on how the bylaws of the Big East are written. Since every conference is different and some have a champ game and others don't... I think it could be diff for each conf.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Since rutgers beat louisville, and if we (wvu) in out and beat rutgers

Which team would be going to a BCS game??

How does this all work?

If it works like the Big Ten Conference, than the team that has won the conference most recent is out. They take the team that hasn't won the conference to have their chance to represent.

Cuban Dave 9 said:

:yes: Kat is right. It is determined by BCS ranking, for the SEC anyway.

WV will be a very tough game for Rutgers for the fact that the QB can run.

But they need to forget this game ASAP and get ready for Cinc.

UF Fin Kat said:
if WVU beats rutgers, which would be the last game of the season, then they'd definitely be the highest ranked of the three.

That's right and I'd bet the ranch that this is exactly what will happen. You'll see WVU getting the BCS bid but it won't be for a Natl. championship unless others get knocked off yet again.

Marino2Clayton said:
Worst BCS Bowl match-up....... EVER !!!!!!!!!!!

A potential Rutgers vs Wake Forest. :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

no a Boise St vs ND would be worst. That is what the Fiesta Bowl is looking at.

Boise St vs anyone actually...

Trekbiz said:
That's right and I'd bet the ranch that this is exactly what will happen. You'll see WVU getting the BCS bid but it won't be for a Natl. championship unless others get knocked off yet again.

I think WVU will beat Rutgers as well. But, WVUhas no shot at the NC game at this point in the season. The way they played against Louisville shut them down. Ohio State/Michigan loser will still be ranked higher than WVU in the final BCS standings, as will many teams, IE-Florida, Auburn, Notre Dame, Texas...

MikeO said:

i think it'd be boise state vs. texas. i'd love to see that.

MikeO said:

What are you talking about?! Boise State would kill any team from the Big East this year. Boise State is the best mid-major team in the NCAA right now. I think Boise State would beat Notre Dame. Boise State's offense is too strong and Notre Dame's defense is too weak.

UF Fin Kat said:
i think it'd be boise state vs. texas. i'd love to see that.

Boise St isn't on the level of any team in the 6 BCS conferences. Even the weaker of the conferences like the ACC or Big East top teams. They can't compete.

This isn't the UTAH team of a couple years ago who had a pro QB running the show. Boise St isn't that kind of team. That UTAH team had horses this Boise team doesn't.

Texas would beat them by 40

Back
Top Bottom