what does this do for the Big East BCS bid now? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what does this do for the Big East BCS bid now?

MikeO said:
Boise St isn't on the level of any team in the 6 BCS conferences. Even the weaker of the conferences like the ACC or Big East top teams. They can't compete.

This isn't the UTAH team of a couple years ago who had a pro QB running the show. Boise St isn't that kind of team. That UTAH team had horses this Boise team doesn't.

Texas would beat them by 40
i don't care. i want to see that game. i love seeing an underdog reach levels they've never reached before. UConn vs. George Mason. :wink:

UF Fin Kat said:
i don't care. i want to see that game. i love seeing an underdog reach levels they've never reached before. UConn vs. George Mason. :wink:

I want to see that game too. And they deserve a BCS bowl game.

I'm just saying don't call a possible WV-Wake Forest match up in the Orange Bowl the worst BCS bowl game ever.

When you could have Texas put up a 50 spot on Boise and beat them by 6 touchdowns. That was my point.

And I used the George Mason example last week and got raked over the coals for bringing up such an example. But it's an example that fits and works

boise state is well-coached and their offense is great. i don't see how anyone could beat them by that much. especially texas, who gave up 500 yards to texas tech. as long as zabransky doesn't have a 22-INT game like he did at georgia last year...

MikeO said:

I'm just saying don't call a possible WV-Wake Forest match up in the Orange Bowl the worst BCS bowl game ever.

When you could have Texas put up a 50 spot on Boise and beat them by 6 touchdowns. That was my point.

And I used the George Mason example last week and got raked over the coals for bringing up such an example. But it's an example that fits and works
Man, he is just reffering to how both of these programs have struggled for the longest time.

MikeO said:

No one call a WVU and Wake Forest the worst BCS match-up ever. I called Rutgers and WVU the worst EVER and by a wide margin, I might add.

You can't comare it to either a Texas/ND vs Boisie State match-up because both Texas and ND have been in the top 10 all year.

If Georgia Mason would of been placed in the Final Four for winning a mediocre confrence then that example would "fit." But it doesn't "fit" because, Georgia Mason showed they belonged by advancing through the tourny.

I mean come-on !!!!!! They beat friggin UCONN to make the Final Four, Friggin UCONN !!!!!!!

I think WVU will beat Rutgers as well. But, WVUhas no shot at the NC game at this point in the season. The way they played against Louisville shut them down

Are you kidding me? you must not have watched the game

We ran all over them, 2 fumbles, one which we got back on the very next pass play... and a punt that went to the wrong side is what got us, and our Secondary is terrible...

Our offense had nothing to do with that game to a extent, slaton getting injured was huge though

No one call a WVU and Wake Forest the worst BCS match-up ever. I called Rutgers and WVU the worst EVER and by a wide margin, I might add.

lmao.... Its a shame there in the SAME CONFRENCE ...so how could they play each other in a bcs bowl game???? thats right, they cant

MikeO said:
IWhen you could have Texas put up a 50 spot on Boise and beat them by 6 touchdowns. That was my point.

It would never happen. Boise is better, this year, than they have been in recent memory; they are even better than when they played Louisville in the Liberty Bowl or when they played Georgia.

People downplay Boise because of those two losses as somehow being "evidence" of the quality of their program. But mind you that during the Liberty Bowl, Louisville had the number 1 offense in the nation--and the year that Georgia won Boise, Georgia ended up in the top 5.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Since rutgers beat louisville, and if we (wvu) in out and beat rutgers

Which team would be going to a BCS game??

How does this all work?

i think if wv wins out, you guys land the top grade. Im a oregon fan but ill be cheer for wv, my best big east team.

WestVirginiaFan said:
Are you kidding me? you must not have watched the game

We ran all over them, 2 fumbles, one which we got back on the very next pass play... and a punt that went to the wrong side is what got us, and our Secondary is terrible...

Our offense had nothing to do with that game to a extent, slaton getting injured was huge though

wv had more offense yards than lousiville by 100 yards or more.

WestVirginiaFan said:
lmao.... Its a shame there in the SAME CONFRENCE ...so how could they play each other in a bcs bowl game???? thats right, they cant

lol

Back
Top Bottom