what has happened to the ACC? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what has happened to the ACC?

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Congrats...you have less of a life than me :clap:

way to dodge the argument...man, your posts are just getting better and better

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Who's avoiding the argument?

well, I thought I answered that already...but that still doesn't mean you weren't avoiding either...

all I'm saying is that you can't talk about the current state of the ACC by how it was when it was completely different in '98...I mean what are we really arguing about...the ACC or the teams in the ACC? To argue about the ACC is kinda pointless, because it's just a label...we're talking about the teams in the ACC - and the teams in the ACC right now have more than one BCS win since '98.

It's a label that gets you in the BCS over C-USA, MAC, WAC, etc. And you're right about the ACC being different back in '98. The conference was deeper as far as teams. You know FSU and UM will be back...It's just a down year for the ACC. I am sure the original topic was all about that. To put Big East wins in the ACC is sandbaggery.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
It's a label that gets you in the BCS over C-USA, MAC, WAC, etc. And you're right about the ACC being different back in '98. The conference was deeper as far as teams. You know FSU and UM will be back...It's just a down year for the ACC. I am sure the original topic was all about that. To put Big East wins in the ACC is sandbaggery.

Right, right...the label is important, but we're not talking about the fall of the label, we're talking about the fall of the teams that have the label. The ACC was not deeper back then, are you serious? There are 6 ranked teams in the ACC right now, and that does NOT include two of the more talented teams in Miami and FSU. This conference is very deep right now, and with Butch joining UNC, and FSU and Miami coming back up next year, we may be rivaling the SEC as far as intraconference competitiveness.
If you want to label "ACC wins" you have to divide it into two different time periods...so in the past two seasons, the ACC has 0 BCS wins...I can accept that argument.

bump for the guy who doesn't know what acc thread I'm talking about

Back
Top Bottom