What if the signing of.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the signing of....

Whats wrong with Welker being the #3 guy??? He has great hands, caught everything thrown to him, and is a nifty little runner. I think he would do very well.

phinfan2003 said:
Campbell has something to do w/ Culpepper? Obviously, I'm just speculating here but suppose something is in the works via trade or somehow he gets released? I know, I know there are a lot of variables here but it's something to think about. Worst case scenario, I think signing Campbell (provided he hasn't been hanging out w/ Onterrio Smith) is great because it gives us a legit #3. I love Welker but he's quite limited despite the fact that he gives us 110%. Should be interesting.

This isn't Madden...teams don't make deals contingent on deals to be made in the future...besides, since you posted this, Ziggy has come out and said that he'll pay the bonus on March 14th. He doesn't have the money to put out $6 M and then trade the guy. But I agree that Campbell can be our #3 and probably KR as well. That would leave WW at #4 and PR and maximize his strengths as well. Campbell is much faster than WW and a good STer as well. But to think that our interest in him has anything to do with a Culpepper trade is not even close to the reality how NFL teams operate their business.

Just heard on ESPN radio that Ziggy Wolf (Minn owner) will do everything in his power to keep Dante. He wants both Dante and Johnson.

by the way...he hasn't been signed yet. The CBA or lack of, is really gonna screw us.

Its not like campbell was Culpeppers go to guy

Campbell is a very fast talented guy with some potential if coached right, and shouldnt be taken as anything else but that

LarryFinFan said:
This isn't Madden...teams don't make deals contingent on deals to be made in the future...besides, since you posted this, Ziggy has come out and said that he'll pay the bonus on March 14th. He doesn't have the money to put out $6 M and then trade the guy. But I agree that Campbell can be our #3 and probably KR as well. That would leave WW at #4 and PR and maximize his strengths as well. Campbell is much faster than WW and a good STer as well. But to think that our interest in him has anything to do with a Culpepper trade is not even close to the reality how NFL teams operate their business.

For the record, I did say that it was a speculation on my part. I know that the likelihood of it happening isn't very good but I did want to throw it out there to kind of get people thinking. It would be something if my far-fetched speculation came out to be true.

Back
Top Bottom