What if we pick 3rd and can't trade up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we pick 3rd and can't trade up?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There are some REALLY bad teams this year.What if we don't pick until #3 ?
What do you do if you were the GM.
I would trade back to a team in the top 10 and take their 1 st and 2 nd this year.

I’d prefer not trade up. It’s not something I’m worried about.

They would be foolish to give up any draft picks to move up. There are way too many holes on the team to do anything but draft BPA and go after the right free agents that fit the schemes. This is not a one year fix, they need to be smart for at least two off seasons to fill the roster with the right players.

Just don't over reach for a player. For example if a offensive tackle is rated as the top prospect in the draft at that position but you you see his potential capped off at being a top 15 or top 20 player at his position in the NFL, don't pass on a player at another position that you think can be a top 5 player at his position.

There are some REALLY bad teams this year.What if we don't pick until #3 ?
What do you do if you were the GM.
I would trade back to a team in the top 10 and take their 1 st and 2 nd this year.

According to some, EVERY team without an elite QB should try every year. None of the teams competing for the #1 pick have an elite QB. Thus, there will be no trading up.

I said in another thread, for me, the gaps are huge between Tua and the rest, Fromm is the next best in my view right now (I'm reserving the right to change my mind again, I've flip flopped on him, more flop than flip). I think the draft process of measurables and "wow" factors will inflate both Herbert and Love, so we may be picking too early to get value by taking Fromm. in that case I would consider a trade back, just a few spots. The next 12 games will tell the FO and Flores whether we are in the market for a developmental guy (which I believe Herbert and Love are), I think they want to win games next year, do they have confidence in Rosen to do that to allow a rookie to sit ? They could I guess take a shot this year on one of those two and if it doesn't work hope we are sitting pretty for Lawrence in 2021.

You sit and ponder why this team was designed as historically bad? Was it coaching or gm? Then resolve said issues by firing someone. Then build the team around Rosen.

Then I will pout and shat myself while I come to terms with the fact that we endured this miserable season and couldn't even get Chase Young or a valuable trade asset in the 1st overall pick.

Miami knows it's in a unique position, not neccesarily looking to trade up, if they don't get the #1 overall pick. I think they already are prepared for that situation. It may come down to Herbert and Fromm. In that case, I'd hope Miami selects Fromm over Herbert. The intangibles Fromm brings behind center are too much to overlook. He might not be the most physically gifted QB, but his smarts and savvy are what I think sets him apart from everyone else not named Tua Tankanova!!!

Back
Top Bottom