WHAT if we sit at #3 and barkley is on board... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHAT if we sit at #3 and barkley is on board...

2413fanphins

Active Roster
Reaction score
heres a question for you guys... I've seen asked a few weeks ago that if we had the #1 pick what would you take to trade out of the pick?

I'd like to twist it and let's say we have the #3 pick. indy takes luck at 1, st. louis takes blackmon at 2.... what would you take for compensation for somebody wanting to trade up for barkley... Is he that good of a prospect that you don't dare trade the pick away? I only ask because I see more and more guys who say they aren't sold on barkley like they are on luck....​

Without a DOUBT, you take Barkley. Way too many young QBs jumping right in and succeeding immediately. Barkley would represent hope, which has been lacking.

No brainer you take Barkley and throw a party at SunLife (if that is still the name of the stadium come draft time).

And People that say "they aren't sold on Barkley like they are Luck" are the ones who are living in this fantasy that we fail if we don't draft Luck. That just isn't the case. Many QB's go after the top qB in the draft and become stars or even better than the QB they followed. There is no reason to think that isn't possible here with Barkley over Luck.

At this moment I think Barkley would be a better fit in Miami because the expectations of Luck would probably be overbearing. Obviously I think Luck is the better QB and I would take him if I got the chance . . . but I certainly wouldn't be upset with Matt Barkley as a consolation prize.

I LOVE watching Barkley play. Kid is legit, I want him in teal and orange. Draft him, no question.

Being a west coaster I have seen all but 2 of his college games... you take this guy, throw a party, name your first born after him and then enjoy what will be a great NFL QB for the better part of a decade...

Back
Top Bottom