What is with this narrative that Landry gets a ton of penalties? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is with this narrative that Landry gets a ton of penalties?

It's become increasingly evident that Jarvis is a diva. I mean he was teammates with OBJ in college, and they were probably a hell of a lot to deal with.

Landry has definitely come into his own as a player, but he's sadly also toned up his antics.

He went from being an underdog story that fans could get behind, to kind of being a ****. Or maybe he always was kind of a **** but we just didn't want to pay attention.
yeah since you are a proponent of holding onto the 2016 season, go back and look at the long runs Ajayi made and go see who the last blocker was. then come back and apologize for calling him a diva

He does get a little too emotional at times Clearly, but the reality is he baits more corners into personal fouls than he gets himself.

Speaking of narratives, what about the one where people say...We only won 6 game with Landry so we might as well let him go. I mean we only won 6 games with Reshad Jones, Cam Wake & Suh so....

When did the QBWINZ argument start translating to WR's?

Speaking of narratives, what about the one where people say...We only won 6 game with Landry so we might as well let him go. I mean we only won 6 games with Reshad Jones, Cam Wake & Suh so....

When did the QBWINZ argument start translating to WR's?

Nobody is blaming him for us winning 6 games. It’s just how much worse can the team be without a slot WR getting top outside WR money.

I’d be happy to get rid of the other guys in your post too, names don’t mean **** to me. Suh is great, but with his cap we could have 3 good players at other spots.

yeah since you are a proponent of holding onto the 2016 season, go back and look at the long runs Ajayi made and go see who the last blocker was. then come back and apologize for calling him a diva

Being a blocker downfield and being a diva are not conflicting items. Terrell Owens laid out some great downfield blocks too in his career.

It’s not just the amount of penalties he got it’s the timing. They were backbreaking, drive killing penalties that ended all the momentum we had.

Because most of Landry's penalties are the stupid selfish penalties kind...

Nobody is blaming him for us winning 6 games. It’s just how much worse can the team be without a slot WR getting top outside WR money.

I’d be happy to get rid of the other guys in your post too, names don’t mean **** to me. Suh is great, but with his cap we could have 3 good players at other spots.

Yes they are. It's in about 10 different threads.

The penalties are more of an insight to his behavior and mental fortitude. It’s a symptom of his emotional turbulence, unhinged at times.

This can be a good or a bad thing....but unfortunately it’s mostly bad. You can make great football plays by simply being talented, physically gifted, smart football player, etc...

I think a lot of this emotional firepower he uses for extra 2, 3 yards here and there mistakenly lead us as a fan base to apply too much value to his play on the football field.

The penalties are more of an insight to his behavior and mental fortitude. It’s a symptom of his emotional turbulence, unhinged at times.

This can be a good or a bad thing....but unfortunately it’s mostly bad. You can make great football plays by simply being talented, physically gifted, smart football player, etc...

I think a lot of this emotional firepower he uses for extra 2, 3 yards here and there mistakenly lead us as a fan base to apply too much value to his play on the football field.
I agree, it's not something he can turn off. I mean the guy can't even make a music video without a mental breakdown. An unsportsmanlike flag showed have been thrown at the 1:35 mark :laugh

Yes, he's a hot head. However, I don't recall it ever being that bad that he ever cost us a game with a penalty nor really ever go that many. I mean didn't Still have more penalties last season?

To me, it's not a 'ton of penalties.' My knock on Landry is what my HS coach called 'bait penalties.' Someone makes Landry mad and, sooner or late, he's going to be flagged. That's what immature or selfish players do. Before hitting "REPLY,' I would like Landry back. Good player. Intense competitor. But, that's gets me to my 2nd knock. Bad routes? Is he not smart enough to learn (bad) or (runs the routes he wants (worse)? I still want him back, but not, as some say, 'pay him what he wants.'
Given all that, for now, I'm pessimistic. That's just reality. It seems Landry has a 'anything less than $x/yr is disrespect' mentality. We've all seen bitter contract disputes end amicably, but for now, I'm pessimistic.

This is something I love about Jarvis. He's invested in every play.

I'm still waiting to hear about his asking number before I judge whether that's a good number. I would love him on the team, but price is not inconsequential.

It's become increasingly evident that Jarvis is a diva. I mean he was teammates with OBJ in college, and they were probably a hell of a lot to deal with.

Landry has definitely come into his own as a player, but he's sadly also toned up his antics.

He went from being an underdog story that fans could get behind, to kind of being a ****. Or maybe he always was kind of a **** but we just didn't want to pay attention.

Great summation. Dead on.

I like Jarvis, I'd take him back but i wouldn't even consider it at his asking price.

Back
Top Bottom