What Jeffy will do come Thursday - The Grushcow Forecasting Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Jeffy will do come Thursday - The Grushcow Forecasting Edition

grushcow, ignore the fantasy players. they dont understand football. championship teams draft OL. pittsburgh did after winning SB.

Philbin is looking to build his oline around pouncey/martin. If we were to get Albert, and that trade is still open, then cooper would finish the job once and for all. jerry doesnt fit, incog doesnt fit.

also, if oakland is wiling to deal, and jaxonville doesnt take fisher,then i could see us making a play.

i dont see us coming out of this draft with 11 players. more like 8. and this draft is ripe for trade fest thanks to 4 teams w/ 2 high picks and many picks.
i also see SD as to desperate at OL period to not draft one.

Bill Parcell and Jeff Ireland proved to us that drafting the trenches early and often is the key to almost having winning seasons lol

Bill Parcell and Jeff Ireland proved to us that drafting the trenches early and often is the key to almost having winning seasons lol

I don't agree with my post from a draft philosophy stand point. I just think it's very plausible pick by pick if I weren't to pick trades. Personally, I wouldn't touch an interior lineman or right tackle in the first 20 picks, only a left tackle, and even a LT in the top 5 in most instances. Look at the FA's right now, go grab Moore and Clabo, costs you 6 million and boom you have the right side of your line. Elite interior linemen don't win championships, getting solid ones in 2, 3, 4 is the smartest route to take. With that said, we've done a good job of filling holes this season, so it is within reason they'd wanna upgrade at guard.

Ya that's so freaking funny!

I think the stadium upgrade referendum is going to influence what we do on Thurs and I believe Ross will be putting his foot down for something sexy. I'm just having a hard time figuring out what moves would be sexy, maybe trade up for Milner, take Eifert or Austin, or one of the DEs, can trade downs be sexy? I'll be shocked if we trade up for a tackle or take a guard at 12 though.

In a normal year I could definitely see Cooper at 12 but the last thing Ross wants to do this year is turn his stadium upgrade referendum into a Jeff Ireland approval rating poll.

I would trade our later 2nd and reasonable $$$ for ALBERTS, or any other equally suitable T. But I WOULD NOT "break the bank" for him. And if the truth be told, I'd prefer to sign a F/A RT anyway. We saw a couple of possible F/A Ts earlier this off-season. I/m/o, the BEST solution would be for MIAMI to sign one. He'd be a willing RT, which ALBERTS is NOT, and a lot cheaper than ALBERTS...and w/o back issues, which REALLY worry me. (Remember DARRYL GARDNER?)

I/m/o, MARTIN has the tools to be a very solid LT: all that he needs is a little more bulk (not too much), and more strength. If he gets both, then MIAMI will have created a monster at LT, i/m/o. That means MARTIN must have a "love affair" this offseason...w/the Weights Room!!! It works!!! Remember P SOLIAI when he first got here? He was being tossed around like a rag doll by Middle-Of-The-Pack talent. He DID have that "love affair" w/the Weights Room, and look what happened!!! Try pushing Big PAUL around NOW!!! Lotsa luck.

I would (as I mentioned) prefer to look elsewhere as to ALBERTS, and save that 2nd and cap $$$. I would much rather use that 2nd, and/or 3rd, and/or 4th, and/or 5th---that is to say, whatever it takes--to move up to the 6th or 7th Pick in the 1st Round. And when I got there, I'd pick MINGO. We are in the AFC East. And that means TOMMY BOY. The NY GIANTS (in the SB no less!!!) and BALTIMORE last season showed EVERYONE how to beat N.E.. It isn't w/strength at CB, and it isn't by winning a "shootout". It's w/a ferocious pass rush. MIAMI gets a solid push up the middle w/STARKS and SOLIAI. Putting ODRICK in the DT rotation (where he belongs, i/m/o) can only help. We have a pass rusher in WAKE. I/m/o, we need a pass rushing RDE to go along w/him. I'm not sure about O VERNON, although he did show a little. MINGO's insurance, i/m/o. And who knows? Maybe he'll turn out to be the next JT! I think that it's very possible, and wouldn't THAT be a "gas-gas-gas"? That way, it's "name your poison": arsenic or cyannide?

I would also like to get SWOPE.

ALL of the rest of our Draft Picks should go to CBs, DEs, and Ts..."flyers", looking for that "under the radar" special player, at positions where such a player would REALLY help. And I don't get bent out of shape that STARKS and SOLIAI will be F/As next year. Just be fair w/both, and show them some $$$. We could just be worrying about nothing at all. After all, Big Paul re-signed w/us once already. Just BE FAIR and don't try to cheap your way thru it! I like RANDALL, and I like ODRICK at DT as well. So, i/m/o, there's no need to go DT before the 6th (if at all), and no way that "the sky is falling"!

QED.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would trade our later 2nd and reasonable $$$ for ALBERTS, or any other equally suitable T. But I WOULD NOT "break the bank" for him. And if the truth be told, I'd prefer to sign a F/A RT anyway. We saw a couple of possible F/A Ts earlier this off-season. I/m/o, the BEST solution would be for MIAMI to sign one. He'd be a willing RT, which ALBERTS is NOT, and a lot cheaper than ALBERTS...and w/o back issues, which REALLY worry me. (Remember DARRYL GARDNER?)

I/m/o, MARTIN has the tools to be a very solid LT: all that he needs is a little more bulk (not too much), and more strength. If he gets both, then MIAMI will have created a monster at LT, i/m/o. That means MARTIN must have a "love affair" this offseason...w/the Weights Room!!! It works!!! Remember P SOLIAI when he first got here? He was being tossed around like a rag doll by Middle-Of-The-Pack talent. He DID have that "love affair" w/the Weights Room, and look what happened!!! Try pushing Big PAUL around NOW!!! Lotsa luck.

I would (as I mentioned) prefer to look elsewhere as to ALBERTS, and save that 2nd and cap $$$. I would much rather use that 2nd, and/or 3rd, and/or 4th, and/or 5th---that is to say, whatever it takes--to move up to the 6th or 7th Pick in the 1st Round. And when I got there, I'd pick MINGO. We are in the AFC East. And that means TOMMY BOY. The NY GIANTS (in the SB no less!!!) and BALTIMORE last season showed EVERYONE how to beat N.E.. It isn't w/strength at CB, and it isn't by winning a "shootout". It's w/a ferocious pass rush. MIAMI gets a solid push up the middle w/STARKS and SOLIAI. Putting ODRICK in the DT rotation (where he belongs, i/m/o) can only help. We have a pass rusher in WAKE. I/m/o, we need a pass rushing RDE to go along w/him. I'm not sure about O VERNON, although he did show a little. MINGO's insurance, i/m/o. And who knows? Maybe he'll turn out to be the next JT! I think that it's very possible, and wouldn't THAT be a "gas-gas-gas"? That way, it's "name your poison": arsenic or cyannide?

I would also like to get SWOPE.

ALL of the rest of our Draft Picks should go to CBs, DEs, and Ts..."flyers", looking for that "under the radar" special player, at positions where such a player would REALLY help. And I don't get bent out of shape that STARKS and SOLIAI will be F/As next year. Just be fair w/both, and show them some $$$. We could just be worrying about nothing at all. After all, Big Paul re-signed w/us once already. Just BE FAIR and don't try to cheap your way thru it! I like RANDALL, and I like ODRICK at DT as well. So, i/m/o, there's no need to go DT before the 6th (if at all), and no way that "the sky is falling"!

QED.

All very good points (although I really don't see the need for Swope, but to each their own). There's a lot of DT's I like in this draft and I think it's worthwhile to groom one, we can grab a solid one in round 3/4. If we traded up I'd vote for Mingo as well, he could go as high as #6 to the Browns, but I would love to snatch him up a pick or 2 before the Jets get a shot at him, that'd be sweet.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Ireland would be digging his own grave with that draft

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Ireland would be digging his own grave with that draft

Wouldn't be the first time draft guru...but we can't all live in fantasy land, and if we don't land Albert we're gonna have to address offensive tackle earlier than people will like. I'd be happy with most of this draft honestly, outside of the Cooper pick.

I'll ask you guys a couple questions, first of all who is the most likely Dolphins pick at 12, lets say they can't find a trade partner or get Albert. As far as I'm concerned Cooper is a finalist. You get him and you're still stuck without a tackle, you can't wait later than 2 if you want a starting offensive tackle. If Cooper's the pick, better believe we need a solid tackle. We don't have one right now.

I'm not saying you're wrong or it's a bad mock from a prediction standpoint, i'm just saying if that's the draft i won't be happy.

I'm not saying you're wrong or it's a bad mock from a prediction standpoint, i'm just saying if that's the draft i won't be happy.

I won't be happy with Cooper. But Pugh's the best RT we could get at 2a. And for the most part the rest of the guys would be decent fits. I wouldn't be thrilled either, that's why this is a mock not a dream draft. We're seldom happy with how the draft shakes out, why project otherwise?

It isn't sexy but Cooper is going to be a great player. Heard Daniel J talk about Ozzie drafting saying he always wanted doubles in the 1st round. For all you people who always say BpA, guess what Cooper would be it.
Our line could be Martin-Cooper-Pouncey-richie-Jerry

Primary issue I see with this is that Pugh will be an OG in the NFL. So going OG back-to-back doesn't make sense to me - even from an Ireland perspective. But I fear you have the general feel of the draft correct.

Primary issue I see with this is that Pugh will be an OG in the NFL. So going OG back-to-back doesn't make sense to me - even from an Ireland perspective. But I fear you have the general feel of the draft correct.

I think it depends how you project the guy, I think he's got the feet to play tackle. Kyle Long wouldn't be a bad call either, it's just very hypothetical when we don't know what's happening with Albert.

Back
Top Bottom