What made you a Dolphin Fan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What made you a Dolphin Fan?

AZPHINFAN75

BENNY MALONE
Reaction score
I became a Dolphin Fan in 1975 because of an A.S.U. RB named Benny Malone. He came back to Tempe,AZ in the off season that year and was my substitute teacher. He was a really cool person and after that I was a FAN for LIFE. I have noticed many people on here are from all over the country, so I thought I would ask.

when i was a kid i wanted to be a dolphin trainer and i have always been fasinated by dolphins so naturally when i learned at age 5 that there was a team named the dolphins it had to be my team and i have been a fan ever sence i am 30 now

Dan Marino is damn good reason to be a fan. If I hadn't been a fan already when he came into the league, he would have made me one.

My dad was a fan so growing up when the Dolphins were on we would watch. What did it for me was Marino + Duper + Clayton.

For me it was watching Super Bowl XVII with my Uncle. He was (and still is) a huge Dolphins fan and he got me into the team during that playoff run. :)

Been a fan ever since.

I had a hard time connecting with the Vikings here in Minnesota, so I decided to pick a team to root for in the AFC because they wouldn't play the Vikings very often. I chose the Dolphins because I liked their colors and uniforms, and also because of Dan the Man. I know there are a lot of people who don't like them, but I was a huge fan of the aqua pants when they came out.

Being a 13 year old boy and seeing my first professional atheletes up close and personal at the Dolphins first ever practice in 1966. Since then the perfect season, Shula, Marino, and all the rest have just kept their hold.

I could have gone to the darkside

When I was 6, the Phins were playing the Jets in the 82 AFC championship game. I live in NY and I didn't have a favorite team at the time. I decided that the winner of that game would be my favorite team. Thanks to A.J. Duhie and the Killer B's, the dolphins shut out the Jets and I'm forever grateful for that. Ironically, it seems like the biggest thorn in the dolphins side seems to always be the Jets. Coincidence.....?? I think not!

just growing up in the area and watching them

It was 1974 and I was a wee lad. The Dolphins were the only team in Florida, and the natural choice, plus they were the champs. My first memory was the Oakland game, when Davis caught the fluke in the endzone to end our run. More pain was to follow.

Growing up in NY, the giants and jets were losers. I deceided to follow a winner, Greise, Czonka and the No Name defense sold me on them. I've been a fan since. Plus a loved the color of the uniforms.

Back
Top Bottom