What made you a Dolphin Fan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What made you a Dolphin Fan?

AZPHINFAN75 said:
I became a Dolphin Fan in 1975 because of an A.S.U. RB named Benny Malone. He came back to Tempe,AZ in the off season that year and was my substitute teacher. He was a really cool person and after that I was a FAN for LIFE. I have noticed many people on here are from all over the country, so I thought I would ask.

I liked ole bowlegged Benny!

I liked ole bowlegged Benny!

'Cept when he ran for that TD against the Raiders and left too much time on the clock for the Snake and Clarence Davis. THEN I was mad at him....

I was born in Florida when the Fins were the only team. My mom was born in Miami and lived there for 25 years and my parents were big Fins fans. I remember them renting a TV to watch the 72 Superbowl. I wore a Mercury Morris jersey to first grade.

Two words Ray Lucas. The utter brilliance of his fumbled hand offs, it brings a tear to my eye. You will be missed superstar.

:)

My mom and dad made me, a Dolphin fan. Isn't that the way it normally works? I know we have the test tube stuff these days, but still...

:couch:

why i love the dolphins

its 1972... i bet my aunt (a die hard redskins) fan a quarter, (which i didnt have). when the phins won i asked for my quarter, she threw it across the room and it chipped my front tooth.since that fateful day i have been a fin fan. on a side note... i have parlayed that single quarter into a fortune worth hundreds of dollars.

I was 6 and the first Super Bowl I remember was SB VI when we lost to Dallas. I really remember though, the two Super Bowls that they won after that loss. Been die-hard ever since. Bob Griese, Larry Csonka, Paul Warfield, Manny Fernandez, Nat Moore, Delvin Williams, Duriel Harris, Don Strock, AJ Duhe were the names I grew up with, and during college and on after it was of course Marino, Marks Brothers etc. who carried on the great Miami tradition. The Dolphins have always been my favorite....and they`ll be my favorite `til the day I`m pushing up daisies, but it`s been so long since we won it all.... when we do it`s gonna make the wait that much sweeter!

mother graduated from UM and raised me a fins and canes fan the same way i'm going to raise my kids

pigskinguy said:
I hate to make it so simple but for me two words......Dan Marino.

In The words of Dave Chapelle "Excactamundo!!!" Dan marino is the only reason im a dolphins fan today... who knows how i would of turned out not for him... maybe i would be a raider fan! :cooldude:

I became a finfan in 1982 when they beat the Jets in the AFC Championship game. That was the first football game I can remember watching with my Dad and for some reason the fins stuck with me.

For me it was easy I lived in Florida, and I was a HUGE Marino fan!!!! Always wanted to see Marino to "Super" Duper every play.

GreenFin said:
My dad was born and raised in Miami. He was about 11 when they became a franchise. He and my mom married the same year the Fins went undefeated. They used to go to all the games in the Orange Bowl. I just remember sitting on the coach with him and he'd jump and scream when something good happened.

:rolleyes:
You two were sitting on the COACH......how did coach Shula feel about that? You must have been his good luck charm. Maybe if you sit on Wannys lap this year we might actually make the playoffs! Hey im just kidding, no harm intended, I just thought that SP was halarious! By the way I hated football growing up because I didnt understand it. Went to a neighbours house across the street, his dads basement was plastered in Dolphins/Marino stuff and watched the game! End of story. Now I'm surrounded by Bills fans here in Ontario and half of them are friends, but the rivalry is great!
Go Dolphins in 2004!

South Florida Native. Love all my Professional South Florida Teams!

Go Dolphins, Go Heat, Go Marlins, Go Panthers :D

Back
Top Bottom