what rookie has the biggest impact?what rookie wont crack the 53 man?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by allsilverdreams, May 9, 2010.

1. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

we got alot of new faces and alot of rookies trying to put their stamp on this team.im not to sure about the 53 man roster yet due to the fact that its way to early to judge anyone.although i do have a feeling on this RGM kid .for some reason i see him making a big difference for the dolpins in the return game and perhaps as a 5th wr.the kid has something special that he brings to the team .so who do you think makes the biggest impact?
    also what drafted rookie do you think will nott make the 53 man roster ?

2. Cloudy

Cloudy MustNotSleep-MustWarnOthers

To be honest with you I hope they all make the 53 man roster and contribute to the team. Doesn't get much better than that.

3. Morey161

Morey161 Well-Known Member

I think that Misi will make the biggest impact. And I think that that CB from Maryland will not crack the 53 man roster.

4. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

Biggest Impact: Koa Misi

Most likely to not make the 53 man roster: Austin Spitler

Having said that, I hope they ALL do well.

5. emeraldfin

emeraldfin Gary Speed RIP Donator

I'd agree that Misi will probably have the biggest impact.

6. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Maybe Jones as well, because the hole at FS. But Misi will be the "biggest" impact.

7. Troysif

Troysif A True Fan Donator

I Completely Agree with Misi Making the biggest impact. I don't think Spitler will make the team i believe every other ILB we have is better than him. But hopefully he will improve throughout training camp and prove me wrong.

8. Joe Fitz

Joe Fitz Well-Known Member

I am going to agree with the everyone else and say Misi makes the biggest impact, although I believe Odrick will be very solid.

Spitler also has the smallest chance to make the roster, although I would like to see him make it.

9. Mr_Freezetag

Mr_Freezetag Knowledge Hunter

Misi will probably see the field the most out of the rookies (my guess) and to me that makes it easy to say he will have the biggest impact. But I honestly think that Edds will standout. Seems that people are saying he will be played mainly in the nickel and passing downs but the way Nolan will rotate the LB's I think he will get more time then that. Edds all the way.

10. dukandrun

dukandrun Combat Veteran

I want to go sexy and pick Misi or Odrick, But I have this feeling about Jones. I think Jones is going to come into camp with a chip on his shoulder and wanting to prove something. I hope he comes in with the attitude he was passed over for a lot of other players and he wants to reward the dolphins for trading up to get him. I want a guy on my team that has that attitude and just wants to knock the snot out of someone because of it. If Jones has that mindset which we should all hope for, we should see snot bubbles all year long :up:

I hope all the players we drafted make the team, but if i had to choose! I would say Austin Spitler does not make the 53

11. JerryD

JerryD A True Fan

Can't predict the future, or even know if any of them can play NFL football.

BUT ... if any of the Rookies do start, our record shan't be so swell. Our DB backfield will already be under siege this year getting singed .... a partial rookie pass rush (gettin' schooled) will throw gasoline onto our newby DBs ... with their DB azz's on fire & their head's a-catchin'.

Although ditchin' Joey & JT was the correct rebuild move ... its gonna be a long year on Defense.
    Careful what you wish for!!:hump:

12. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Hard to say exactly which one will have the biggest impact. I see 4 rookies as either starting or getting significant playing time. Odrick, Misi and Jerry will most likely start. Edds will see playing time on passing downs. Reshad Jones is the wildcard at this point...he may win the starting job or he may remind fans of Gebril Wilson.

The least likely to make the team is a toss up between McCoy and Spitler. Special Teams will be the determining factor. The player not making the 53 man roster will spend the season, or at least part of it, on the practice squad.

13. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

I think the LB's Misi and Edd's will make the biggest impact.
    They will probably start the season as our starters. There will be some mistakes, but there will probably be some big plays too.
    Our Nolan led defense will probably be a work in progress for the first half season, then Fergie will be back in the mix. Hopefully the offense can win a few games for us in the first half season.We will need all our offensive weapons firing coming out of the gate.If we can start out 4-4, we will have a good shot at making the playoffs.I think all the pick's will stick.

14. BradG

BradG Member

im guessing u dont watch football very much huh?

Dolphins Own likes this.
  15. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Edds will have the biggest impact, and we pick up the Rams saftey which puts Jones on the PS. I also don't expect much out of Odrick in the first year, he may end up being a servicable player but never an impact feared player, JMO.

I really like Misi, and think Carrol can be a playmaker if he can stay healthy.

16. mikethewreck

mikethewreck Just a fan...

I don't want to pick against Spitler. The "lesser pick rule" seems to be working for the Dolphins picks a lot lately (when two players from the same position are drafted, the lesser pick outshines the higher pick). Langford v. Merling, Thomas v. Murphy, Hartline v. Turner, Smith v. Davis might come down on Vontae's side (there's a debate topic), Thigpen v. White, etc. We might see some surprises come training camp time. We usually do. If McCoy or Spitler turn into some awesome stud and wins the starting job, I'm cool. Not very likely but not impossible. Let the best man play...

17. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

McCoy gets my vote for least likely to make the roster. I'm not betting against him. I just think that all the drafted rookies - that's what we're talking about, right? - have a good shot. I just see him as having the fewest ways to make the team - Jones, Spitler, and Carroll appear to all have good special teams value in addition to potential as every-down contributors. Again, though, I love our draft and wouldn't be surprised to see all the players make the team.

I'd guess that Misi and Odrick will have the biggest impact. They are the two highest rated players we drafted - and for good reason.

18. Clipse

Clipse mediocrity sucks

Austin Spitler has the least chance imo. I see nothing that he provides other than special teams play. McCoy has skills as a pass rusher, and Nolan Carrol is extremely talented, kid has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy.

I think Reshad Jones will have the biggest impact. I think he starts at FS, and has a very good year.

19. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan Perennial All-Pro

I dont think Spitler will make this team another J.D. Folsom and i think that Misi, McCoy, or Jones will have the biggest Impact

20. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I think Misi can have the biggest impact because he plays at a more important position than any of the other rookies. I know Odrick will get his share of playing time but Misi will have the biggest impact.

21. Mac

Mac Well-Known Member

Misi without a doubt will have most impact.

22. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Anyone else

23. SRM

SRM Scout Team

Misi most impact, Spitler won't make it. We have 4 ILB's already, and we don't have much potential at either side of the OLB's behind Wake, Misi, and Anderson, so McCoy will make it.

24. DOLFAN561

DOLFAN561 Scout Team

Edds ftw!

25. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

Odrick, cause he's the greatest defensive lineman penn st ever had and can handle the pressure. i hope he's better than Wilfork & Reggie White put together. i hope he's on like donkey kong. i hope dorothy makes it back to kansas.

26. mmikel30

mmikel30 Starter

I see johnathan Amya S from Nevada making the team and doing well Spitler wont be Spit Carroll either...just my Opinion!

27. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

misi needs to have the biggest impact so that's my vote. if he can't get consistent pressure back there it's gonna be real hard to justify having a 3-4. spitler probably won't make it just b/c of our new found depth in the middle.

28. Cali Finfan

Cali Finfan A True Fan

Probably between Misi and Odrick. They are going to be starters right away and will have the opprotunities to have the greatest impact...

29. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

to me it comes down to Spitler and McCoy as least likely, but both have talent. If we keep 5 ILBs, Spitler is in. McCoy has pass rushing skills so he has a good chance since outside of Misi, Wake, and likely Anderson, he's jgot to beat out Johnston? and Moses (who never really does anything anyways)

30. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

I say Misi has the most impact...or at least it will appear that way. the way I see it, Odrick or Edds could actually be slightly better players in their roles than Misi is in his, but Misi would still appear to have the bigger impact, since he plays an impact position.

i say McCoy is the most likely not to make the 53-man roster and goes to the practice squad....I think he's a project.

31. Etuoo33

Etuoo33 Seasoned Veteran

The bad thing about starting rookies is that they wear down late in the season, especially at LB where they will have to take on 300# linemen. Hopefully this won't effect us that much. After last year we need much more production out of the LB position, and I think we'll get it....for a while.

32. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I'm guessing Jerry will be in the starting lineup before the year is out.

33. jwong

jwong FinHeaven VIP

Misi will have the biggest impact... it looks as if he's the one rookie that almost seems guaranteed to start from day 1. Spitler has has practice squad written all over him(especially with the additions of Edds and Dobbins).... he'll be our new JD Folsom