What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What the Alex Smith Deal Means for Miami...

Cousins will end up in Denver... Elway loves his vet QBs. He doesn't have the patience to develop a guy. So that will take one potential team off the list for a QB in the Top 10. Browns/Giants/Jets are the QB needy teams. Giants may not go that route that high... So unless a team comes up to pick one, Allen or Mayfield should still be there at 11. That provides the Dolphins with a good opportunity to shore up their QB position or get back some value in a trade down.

Everybody won in the trade except for Washington.

Even Cleveland dodged a bullet not being saddled to that Smith contract.

Of all the teams needing a QB, Cleveland has the most to offer and I am not just talking about cap space.

Denver sucks and not just because of their QB's.

I'm dizzy reading this thread now.....lol.....and of course it turned into a Tannehill love or hate him kind of thread. I think the main thing is that it does affect the draft for different teams. At best, it does NOT help us and at worst it'll screw us unless.........lets just say that the team really does want a QB at 11 then maybe some of these free agents and/or trades could push a QB to us. But if we're not taking one at 11 then it can take the player we want off the board before we pick

Ozzy rules!!

Correct, a sprain is a degree of a tear.

The glass breaking analogy is just fine, i think FFIB said something about “filling” the crack in his original one which I think is being argued about now. Anyways.....

Sprain = tear
Nope, he didn't mention having it filled.

reinjure:
(riːˈɪndʒə)
verb (transitive)
to injure again

Take it up with Dr. Andrews and Ryan Tannehill (though I'm sure you believe in your opinion over theirs)

Except he didn't re-injure it in practice. From the article you posted:

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports there is no structural damage to Ryan Tannehill's left knee after he exited practice following a non-contact spill, per a member of the organization. Tannehill underwent an MRI after practice and his knee is as sound as it was before, per Kinkhabwala.

The incident in practice merely showed that the knee (from the prior injury) was not as stable as they had hoped. They had hoped to avoid surgery (from the one injury in 2016) but unfortunately it didn't work out.

1 injury followed by rest and rehab, followed by signs of instability, followed by surgery. That is what happened. Get over it. As much as you'd like it to be two injuries, it is not.

Yea I mean i still don't know why people are all up in arms about Tannehill's knee injury.

Fact is he got hurt, he rehabbed and was cleared and got hurt again. 1 injury, 2 injuries . . . Who gives a damn it really damaged us the last two seasons and we need a better contingency plan going forward in case something else goes wrong.

Putting all the eggs in that basket without having a QB on the roster behind him that is either a highly rated rookie or a proven veteran that coach trusts when camp starts would be the most irresponsible thing we can do this offseason.

If your main goal is to be able to claim that Tannehill is injury prone to support an agenda, then it matters. Otherwise, it doesn't.

Also 2nd ACL tears have the tendency to damage other parts of the knee. That is why it is important to know that the tweak in practice did no structural damage to the knee. He didn't re-injure the knee. The play showed that the knee wasn't stable enough from the previous injury to avoid surgery.

For people that have had two ACL tears, the second surgery is much more complicated than the first.

This is so true, athletes that have had an ACL repair (stem cell repair, surgical repair) are highly likely to have a second injury to the joint. This is why the focus is on whether the knee was repaired by the methods Ryan chose, and were validated by his Dr's, on his first round with the ACL tear. Now we know that the method he chose did repair the tear, and that he injured the knee for a second time in practice and chose to repair it the second time by a surgical procedure.

Kirk Cousins just had a year that was identical to Ryan Tannehill's 2016.

But yet, them getting rid of him is everything you need to know about him. LOL.

The math doesn't add up on this forum, ever.

Kirk Cousins went 8-5 last year? Damn, how did the Skins win only 7?

Thought wins were a team stat. But use it when you can to support your case.

Accurate deep passing means nothing without results. The defense doesn't change their plan against you because you were accurate. They change because you burned them for TD's. Until the accuracy turns into big results the 8 man boxes will continue.

No, its #QBwinz (or not)

Everybody won in the trade except for Washington.
Wrong! - What you don't understand is that the Redskins have unsuccessfully tried to negotiate a long term deal with Kirk Cousins for over the past 3 years and he (and his agent) have said no to everything and tied up the Redskins with successive franchise tags. Washington now have a decent QB in Alex Smith locked up for the next 4 years - that is what they have won. They can now go about the process of professionally planning for the future without being held hostage by a mercenary QB and his agent. I predict the Redskins will improve. I support Washington's decision 100%. Cousins is good but way overrated.

Last edited:
OK, I can't let it go this time. I saw his analogy previously, and you liking it.

It's really a bad analogy for many reasons. You get a crack in the glass and you don't repair it, and it spreads? No, the glass broke once, but worsened. There's zero talk of repairing it. That's the difference between the glass analogy and Tannehill. You can drive with a crack in the glass. You can't play QB with a sprained knee (which is what they called it, a sprained knee, not ACL tear).

You can play with a sprained knee after the swelling and inflammation has gone down. Happens all the time. The issue is the stability of the knee. Some sprains leave the knee unstable and some do not.

not what happened with Tannehill. He injured his leg. They thought they repaired it, via working out, and stem cell therapy. It then went again. Whether you think he had 2 injuries, or 1 injury - I'm not arguing that point right now as we all have differing opinions based on half the facts, but the analogy is just not a good one.

They didn't "repair it". Besides, according to reports,, there was no additional damage from practice. No additional tearing or re-tearing or whatever you want to call it. It showed instability in the knee. That is why they did surgery.

Wrong! - What you don't understand is that the Redskins have unsuccessfully tried to negotiate a long term deal with Kirk Cousins for over the past 3 years and he (and his agent) have said no to everything. Washington now have a decent QB in Alex Smith locked up for the next 4 years - that is what they have won. They can now go about the process of professionally planning for the future without being held hostage by a mercenary QB and his agent. I predict the Redskins will improve. I support Washington's decision 100%. Cousins is good but way overrated.

Many say the exact thing about Alex Smith.

Wow...BTW, what does most of this thread have to do with the thread title?...confusing lol

Back
Top Bottom