What We Could See With Paul P | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What We Could See With Paul P

Does that philosophy take Dorsey out of the equation.

not at all. Dorsey weighed in at the senior bowl (before leaving),well over what many expected (barely 300). Dorsey also has the frame to get up to 320 lbs. Dorsey pretty much prjects well into any defense. You can't go wrong with him or Chris Long

I totally disagree with this D. We have tried this the last few years. It's too complicated for the new guys. You need a team like NE that has been together forever to be successful. Their core has been there a long time and that is why you can plug a new guy in and it still works. We have NO core! We have guys like Crowder who couldn't find his way out of a paper bag. We DO NOT have the personnel for this D and aren't even close to having it.

I see the Vikes and their 4 man front and that is the way to start a D. You put 2 BIG tackles up front and dare the other team to run on you. Once you shut down the run now you get a decent set of DB's and a top safety and now you can make things happen. Your LB's can now run around and do damage. You make the D so complicated nobody is on the same page at all times. The only way this works is IF they bring in ALOT of players from that system. It will take 2+ years just to get these guys comfortable and how much turnover will take place in that time and then guys you teach - will they still be here in 3 years the way FA is.

While I do agree with some of what you are saying I do believe there is one big difference. We were 1-15 last year. This team is not going to get turned around next year. So if this style of defense will help us be successful in the future,this is the best time to install it. Build a new young nucleus on defense the next couple of years. It can be gathered that they might take some lumps during this time. But this nucleus will grow and hopefully learn from their mistakes and be a top notch unit when the team is ready to be competitive again. This of course requires getting the right players in here. So while for the short-term it might make sense on running the system best suit your players, I feel it is more important to get the system being developed as well. I think both can be done, but it is up to the playcallers to do this. Also, I would welcome a scenario of having too many quality players that we can not afford to pay them all. It would be a welcome change. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom