What will the Miami Dolphins look like in five years? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What will the Miami Dolphins look like in five years?

If this draft is as good as I think it is and we can continue to draft as well or better, and keep our coaching staff in place I expect us to look pretty darn good in 5 years. Needle is pointing up in the coaching department and possibly the scouting/drafting this year something I totally did not expect

The article is correct that historically we've been known for our defense. Let's build the d and Gase will handle the rest

Honestly, being perennially in the playoffs would be a great start. Hardly do teams win more than one superbowl during their "window" (unless you're the Patriots or Steelers). While I want to be optimistic and say this team under Gase could eventually be a perennial powerhouse, I'd like to see two or three playoff seasons in a row before getting my hopes up to even getting close to a superbowl.

If you think about it, the odds of a team winning the super bowl in any year are 1/32 if no other factors are taken into consideration. But say you're Miami, and for the last 2+ decades you've been ****ing around with coaches like Dave Wannstedt and Cam Cameron...I'd say the odds are even worse considering the circumstances. Because why would a team that's constantly done wrong during basically my entire lifetime miraculously change course and do something right for once? The odds of that would be pretty nil, as well.

But say we do have something with Gase (and let's be honest we don't really know what his year 2 and year 3 will look like), then we may be entering that window of being able to compete in a super bowl. But for simplicity's sake, I'll just say 3.125% (or 1 in 32).

We're due to have a couple of these defensive drafted players ball out and become pro bowlers. If that happens we should see the playoffs regularly. A SB or two would be great!

I'd love to have that feeling of watching Zack and JT again!

Back
Top Bottom