What would be a successful year for feely? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What would be a successful year for feely?

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
Assuming Feely gets to start what would you guys consider a successful season for him? I think about 3100 yds 15 t.ds and 7 int's would be pretty good. What do you guys think? Come up with your own predictions. :)

A successful season for Feely would be not measured in yds or even TD's.
He needs to keep from throwing INT's that everyone goes :smackhead
Feely needs not to be the hero. Let Chambers, Boston, Ricky, and McMichale do there things. The one thing Feelye will need to do to do thoes things is hit the Deep ball with the reciever in stride with consistancy.

I'd say forget the stats...

...he would be a success if he wins the starting job and forms part of a playoff team - he can only really be measured by the teams success (particularly given that we are a Ricky biased team).

First year starter I think the TD to INT ratio will be about 1:1. But if he doesn't throw the costly INT, and makes some of the big/deep/gamebreaker plays consistently, he will be sucsessful.

Beating out Fiedler would be a solid start....Still waiting, and hoping. :(

To be a successful QB, he'll need to do nothing more than get us into the playoffs IMO. His TD / INT ratio is also important, and if he can do no worse than Fiedler has in that department over the last four years, he'll be well on his way IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

It's HIGHLY unlikely Feeley only throws 7 int's.
Remember Jake Delhomme threw 16 int's last year in a run-based offense.

stop the 4th qtr late game ints would be a start. Asking any qb to consistently lead to comeback victories is a recipe for disaster. How many lead to championships? Think about it, Elway has teh most, yet his two rings came off seasons where they were not necessary (4th qtr comebacks). Having alot of comeback victories means your TEAM as a whole is not strong enough and a couple of players are called to carry the team. No matter how good or how strong those players are, they will break down under teh strain, they are human.

If he is a starter and Miami is an actual threat to go to the Superbowl

Let's get serious....a successful year for FEely would be if he can come off the bench and actually play decent. He isn't going to be our starter so let's just hope he isn't another Ray Lucas or Brian Griese.

A Dolphin team that goes 12-4 or better, a QB rating above 80 and perhaps above 85 for the 4th quarter, would go a long way towards calling this a successful year.

zuper_man said:
Let's get serious....a successful year for FEely would be if he can come off the bench and actually play decent. He isn't going to be our starter so let's just hope he isn't another Ray Lucas or Brian Griese.

You know this how? and if you know the future before it happens, you should get a job in the FO. :shakeno:

If he upgrades us at QB in terms of making less turnovers and playing better in the 4th quarter I'd be happy. It would also be nice to see him improve our deep ball.

AJ would have to be executing well in our Novemeber and December stretches. He will make mistakes, not one is perfect, but hopefully they will not be costly to us, in our December drive to the Post Season.

Winning in December and not backing into the Play-Offs, that is what I consider a successfull QB.

zuper_man said:

You may very well be right.

Back
Top Bottom