what would it take for Milliner?

My top-5 CB's right now (in order):

1. Milliner
2. Rhodes
3. Alford
4. Banks
5. Trufant

(Poyer is 6th)

I like payer more than truant and Alford. I honesty think he will end up being in the top two CBs in this draft from a production standpoint by the end if their careers. It's pretty hard to say that anyone would be better than Milner.

But to the OP, I still can't justify trading two picks away to draft a CB. We have too many holes to fill.

I like payer more than truant and Alford. I honesty think he will end up being in the top two CBs in this draft from a production standpoint by the end if their careers. It's pretty hard to say that anyone would be better than Milner.

But to the OP, I still can't justify trading two picks away to draft a CB. We have too many holes to fill.

Two things concern me about Poyer:

1. Speed
2. Size/strength

During Senior Bowl practices, he got rag-dolled when he tried to get physical with Chris Harper. Harper is a big dude, but a lot of NFL WR's are big dudes. And I'm seriously concerned about his speed. Combine will be big for Poyer. I love his quickness, toughness, and instincts.

Milliner is a good CB but not worth trading up for. Honestly I don't think any player this year is worth trading up for, at least from our draft spot.

Milliner is a good CB but not worth trading up for. Honestly I don't think any player this year is worth trading up for, at least from our draft spot.

Millner is as good as prospect as ever. With the right coaching he can be a top 3 or even top 5 CB in a couple years based on his skills and talent. If I knew the outcome is that, then I would 100% trade up and give a 2nd rounder to get him.

Millner is as good as prospect as ever. With the right coaching he can be a top 3 or even top 5 CB in a couple years based on his skills and talent. If I knew the outcome is that, then I would 100% trade up and give a 2nd rounder to get him.
I like him more than Claiborne and Patrick Peterson... He looks like a blend between revis and Sherman.. but a better blitzer and tackler... could also play nickel corner on welker and blitz off the edge similar to Charles Woodson

Poyer has some very good skills but you're right his long speed may not be very good. He does have a lot of quickness, excellent change of direction, good closing speed and he anticipates routes extremely well. The ball also finds him, he makes plays. He'd be a definite upgrade in the slot over Jimmy Wilson. Wilson, while a good hitter and good on the blitz, has really poor coverage skills.

Trufant is a first round pick, Poyer got arrested so we may take him off our draft board.

I don't think Poyer getting arrested and charged with second-degree criminal trespass will remove him from anyone's draft board.

Poyer has some very good skills but you're right his long speed may not be very good. He does have a lot of quickness, excellent change of direction, good closing speed and he anticipates routes extremely well. The ball also finds him, he makes plays. He'd be a definite upgrade in the slot over Jimmy Wilson. Wilson, while a good hitter and good on the blitz, has really poor coverage skills.

this my understanding from senior bowl. great at sitting and breaking on routes. and the tipped ball INT he made in SB shows his ball awareness.

I like all these cb's mentioned but it becomes numbers game and draft boards.

BTW, i have been seeing mocks where qb enters picture with bills and Arizona and then saw Milliner drop past us after we take Patterson. ???

this is why you cant judge first rd players on flashy potential ala ted ginn while a willis is wafting past you.

Back
Top Bottom