What's going on with Jonathan Martin | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's going on with Jonathan Martin

Don't people consider Pouncey to be a Top 5 center? Incognito made the Pro Bowl last year right? Or in 2011? I wouldn't say it's an expansion OL even though I hate this team right now.

This year, collectively they're playing like an expansion OL. What they've done in the past is irrelevant, what they're doing this year is all that matters

And all got up the minute he sat down. Kinda ****ty thing to do, and pretty childish, exactly what does anybody on that line NOT named Mike Pouncey proved that they should be looking down on anyone? Pretty classless, then again Martin is a grown ass man so the fact that this caused a complete breakdown tells me the pressure of the NFL is getting to him. I suspect he won't be on the roster much longer

Eh, we regularly do worse to each other at the prison I work at.

He needs to toughen up.

Eh, we regularly do worse to each other at the prison I work at.

He needs to toughen up.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you on the toughening up aspect, in fact I've been wondering WTF is up with kids these days killing themselves over "cyberbullying"?? I'm oldschool (somewhat), when I was a kid I was shorter than most my age but I was strong, athletic, and never hesitated to punch somebody in the mouth straight up if they disrespected me. How somebody made it all the way to the NFL with such a weak mindset is beyond me, but like I said I don't expect him to be in the NFL much longer if he can't stand up for himself with a little bit of bullying

Again, I'm not disagreeing with you on the toughening up aspect, in fact I've been wondering WTF is up with kids these days killing themselves over "cyberbullying"?? I'm oldschool (somewhat), when I was a kid I was shorter than most my age but I was strong, athletic, and never hesitated to punch somebody in the mouth straight up if they disrespected me. How somebody made it all the way to the NFL with such a weak mindset is beyond me, but like I said I don't expect him to be in the NFL much longer if he can't stand up for himself with a little bit of bullying

Well, that's easy enough. Zero tolerance for fighting, so nobody has a chance to defend themselves from
people that hurt them. Of course, the only people hurt by this rule are the kids being picked on. When I was a
kid (Showing my age now) we'd go out to the smoking area, and settle it, while the teachers that smoked watched
the proceedings to make sure that nobody got super seriously hurt. The fight happened right in front of all your
peers.

BTW...I don't consider what they did to be bullying, but if he was that ****ed up about it, he
should have done something about it.

Well, that's easy enough. Zero tolerance for fighting, so nobody has a chance to defend themselves from
people that hurt them. Of course, the only people hurt by this rule are the kids being picked on. When I was a
kid (Showing my age now) we'd go out to the smoking area, and settle it, while the teachers that smoked watched
the proceedings to make sure that nobody got super seriously hurt. The fight happened right in front of all your
peers.

BTW...I don't consider what they did to be bullying, but if he was that ****ed up about it, he
should have done something about it.

Yeah we did the same thing in highschool, I don't have kids so I'm out of touch with the way things are treated in the school system these days.

I'm interested in hearing the rest of the story, but sounds like he has a mental disorder of some kind or another

This.
Assuming he even returns, what respect will he have among his teammates? Walking out of practice? Abandoning your team? I understand getting mad, throwing your tray, having your words....but walking out of practice and (apparently) going straight into a mental hospital shows TREMENDOUS weakness.

I honestly don't expect him back without a suspension (deservingly so---else what example would Philbin be setting?) .....or at all even.

Rounds 1-5 all on OL lol yikes

If he is having legit mental health concerns then this shows TREMENDOUS strength.... Not many people, men in particular have the balls to address these issues head on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we did the same thing in highschool, I don't have kids so I'm out of touch with the way things are treated in the school system these days.

I'm interested in hearing the rest of the story, but sounds like he has a mental disorder of some kind or another

Today they expect you to snitch. If you defend yourself, you'll be expelled along with the other kid.

mental health concerns?

maybe the guy just needs time to cool off from all the ********?

haven't we all had days where we say **** work and take a couple days off? I don't think EVERYONE here suffers from mental instability..

mental health concerns?

maybe the guy just needs time to cool off from all the ********?

haven't we all had days where we say **** work and take a couple days off? I don't think EVERYONE here suffers from mental instability..
I have, and yes, I have. If I knew that it was a critical event at my workplace though, I'd man up. 'Specially since they get, what, about half the year
away from the team?

Bet Sherman aired him out like he did Egnew on Hard Knocks and he wasn't too thrilled. Sherman must go.

Not saying sherman shouldnt go but , IF i was Coach you can bet your ass that if a player wasnt playing up to his abilitys you can damn well bet ID BE THE FIRST TO CALL HIM OUT , thats half the problem we let to much stuff go and dont try and address the problem or problems .

I think Martin is gay, and that is why they cal him big weirdo.

I don't care how queer he is...he needs to get his head straight and play to his potential.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The one thing that no one has said is maybe Martin is a cancer on the team. Sometimes in work place environments talented people are not the best fit for a position due to personalities,and other factors. Last night I saw a o-line that worked as a team. Even without 2 starters we dominated a great d-line.

The one thing that no one has said is maybe Martin is a cancer on the team. Sometimes in work place environments talented people are not the best fit for a position due to personalities,and other factors. Last night I saw a o-line that worked as a team. Even without 2 starters we dominated a great d-line.

There's actually a theory that I came up with that would throw a doggone grenade into this discussion.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

I sort of hinted at that.

Back
Top Bottom