What's the big deal with Tebow? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the big deal with Tebow?

vere76

Rookie
Reaction score
Man Florida has the better team but put Bradford with that speed and talent, wow he would be great. every other word out of fox was Tebow this Tebow that Tebow s god.

Tebow puts a team on his back and wins.
Bradford=NO!

TEBLOWS will be garbage at the next level. those mickey mouse runs he had yesterday wont fly in the nfl they will make him look like sage rosenfels did vs the colts this year ..lol
clear.gif

TEBLOWS will be garbage at the next level. those mickey mouse runs he had yesterday wont fly in the nfl they will make him look like sage rosenfels did vs the colts this year ..lol
clear.gif
Do the heilicopter :lol:

Man Florida has the better team but put Bradford with that speed and talent, wow he would be great. every other word out of fox was Tebow this Tebow that Tebow s god.

Bradford was exposed by an NFL styled defense. This game cost both him and McCoy a bunch of $Benjamins. The Sooner faithful will surely owe the FL DBs a debt of gratitude if Bradford decides to return next year.

Oh, and do you really think Tebow wouldn't have scored on at least one of those short and goal line stands?
I'm a Canes fan but you gotta give credit where it's due. Whether it's gonna be in football, business or philanthropy/charity/social works, the inner fortitude of this kid almost guarantees he will go far.

clear.gif

Who cares?
This is the college forum.
Tebow will go down as one of the greatest COLLEGE
players of all time.
I'm a Bama fan and used to hate him.
He has won me over,by being a bada** and a great
sprititial guy.

Every single freaking game this season teams stand in front of each other and pretend like they're going to fight. After every play, they look like they're cussing and about to go to blows.

Since most (not all) of us FinFans are Gator/Nole/UM fans, (and most college fans everywhere) we are no stranger to kids getting into MANY off the field issues. Discipline, bad-mouthing, disrespect.

Tebow is not only arguably the greatest college player ever but arguably the best person. I don't care what's true or not, or what his motivations are. He's not jawing the other team for a fight, he's not getting into brawls at school, not caught up in academic troubles, he's not talking crap before/after games--just motivating.

If you HATE Tebow as a person, you're just being cynical. If more of our college athletes were like him, then NCAA sports AND the NFL would be better places and would have better role models.

Lastly, as Namor pointed out. Who cares if he's not cut out for the NFL? Personally I think he's good enough to be a decent starting QB, but even if you don't agree with that, you at least have to say that he'll have some capacity as a 2nd/3rd QB with maybe short-down back or a TE starter or back-up. Either way, he's likely NFL bound for at leas a good half a decade, and that's an impressive feat that we always seem to want to make fun of if a person isn't a Payton Manning.

We have been blessed to watch this kid play.
No if's ands or buts about it.

Every single freaking game this season teams stand in front of each other and pretend like they're going to fight. After every play, they look like they're cussing and about to go to blows.

Since most (not all) of us FinFans are Gator/Nole/UM fans, (and most college fans everywhere) we are no stranger to kids getting into MANY off the field issues. Discipline, bad-mouthing, disrespect.

Tebow is not only arguably the greatest college player ever but arguably the best person. I don't care what's true or not, or what his motivations are. He's not jawing the other team for a fight, he's not getting into brawls at school, not caught up in academic troubles, he's not talking crap before/after games--just motivating.

If you HATE Tebow as a person, you're just being cynical. If more of our college athletes were like him, then NCAA sports AND the NFL would be better places and would have better role models.

Lastly, as Namor pointed out. Who cares if he's not cut out for the NFL? Personally I think he's good enough to be a decent starting QB, but even if you don't agree with that, you at least have to say that he'll have some capacity as a 2nd/3rd QB with maybe short-down back or a TE starter or back-up. Either way, he's likely NFL bound for at leas a good half a decade, and that's an impressive feat that we always seem to want to make fun of if a person isn't a Payton Manning.

Like I said in another thread . . . I HATE Tebow and I HATE the Gators. I am a Canes fan and I will always feel like this.

But even I'm not that homer blind to notice what a fantastic college QB Tebow is and the type of person he is. I wish he was a Cane . . . he would be my favorite player and I would love him as our QB. Really great QB and person, a model for high school athletes to strive to be. Which is why, even tho it would suck for Miami and every other team . . . u hope he stays another year at Florida to keep building his legacy . . . because in the NFL, he may not be as successful but a 4th year at UF could honestly make him arguably the greatest college football player of all time. A legend.

I mean he still needs alot of work to be a starter in the NFL . . . like others have said . . . he telegraphs his passes alot . . . and that just wont work in the NFL . . . but what people are forgetting, his intangibles and his leadership can get him through the tough times as a QB in the NFL while he is learning to fine tune his technique and be a better NFL QB.

Honestly, if u are the Detroit Lions . . . u get your OLine straight . . . and honestly i would take a chance on Tebow in the second round to lead the turnaround of that franchise. They will not find a better leader and the guy has alot of potential. He is tough and mobile in the pocket . . . has NFL arm strength . . . it would be a smart move on their part. Worse comes to worse, u have a back up QB or u have one tough SOB at full back who can be used in wildcat packages.

He is a god at UF, why would he leave that a year early. Money doesn't always bring happiness . . . Tim enjoy the ride, this is the greatest time of your life.

Like I said in another thread . . . I HATE Tebow and I HATE the Gators. I am a Canes fan and I will always feel like this.

But even I'm not that homer blind to notice what a fantastic college QB Tebow is and the type of person he is. I wish he was a Cane . . . he would be my favorite player and I would love him as our QB. Really great QB and person, a model for high school athletes to strive to be. Which is why, even tho it would suck for Miami and every other team . . . u hope he stays another year at Florida to keep building his legacy . . . because in the NFL, he may not be as successful but a 4th year at UF could honestly make him arguably the greatest college football player of all time. A legend.

I mean he still needs alot of work to be a starter in the NFL . . . like others have said . . . he telegraphs his passes alot . . . and that just work in the NFL . . . but what people are forgetting, his intangibles and his leadership can get him through the tough times as a QB in the NFL while he is learning to fine tune his technique and be a better NFL QB.

Honestly, if u are the Detroit Lions . . . u get your OLine straight . . . and honestly i would take a chance on Tebow in the second round to lead the turnaround of that franchise. They will not find a better leader and the guy has alot of potential. He is tough and mobile in the pocket . . . has NFL arm strength . . . it would be a smart move on their part. Worse comes to worse, u have a back up QB or u have one tough SOB at full back who can be used in wildcat packages.

Its cool, as a fan I can totally agree with hating Tebow.

I just don't get people that hate him "as a person" as I said in my post. He is special and I think everyone that hates him (again as a person, not as an opposing team's QB) is a hypocrite because EVERY team would be better if they had him. Every college football fan would love to have him in their team.

Its cool, as a fan I can totally agree with hating Tebow.

I just don't get people that hate him "as a person" as I said in my post. He is special and I think everyone that hates him (again as a person, not as an opposing team's QB) is a hypocrite because EVERY team would be better if they had him. Every college football fan would love to have him in their team.

Yea I mean I don't believe anybody would hate the guy as a person . . . I mean how dumb can u be to hate a guy like Tebow . . . hate him because he is the QB of a rival team . . . not because of the type of person he is.

That speech after the Ole Miss game will go down as one of the greatest speeches of all time in sports history. Such a nice guy, but man he is tough as nails as a player and a competitor.

I think drafting him any earlier than the 5th round is foolish. He's a less athletic Matt Jones. This certainly doesn't detract from him being one of the best college football players in a while. And he's certainly a solid person by all apearences.

We have been blessed to watch this kid play.
No if's ands or buts about it.

I have to agree with you. I'm a Canes fan and hate the Gators but I love watching this kid play. I really wasnt a fan of him but this season ive become intrested in watching him. I love his emotions and passion to win.

I was also on the Bradford bandwagon but after last night sitting and watching him play an entire game, i dont like his releases. IMO he throws like a *****..LOL but you never know how any of these players will turn out in the NFL.

Tebow didn't play as great as the announcers made it sound like last night. Well after they stopped slurping him. Tebow put the team on his back by shutting down Oklahomas offense?

As for his pro prospects, does it matter? Were guys like Danny Wuerfuell, Eric Crouch, Charlie Ward, and Ron Dayne not great college players because they didn't do squat in the pros?

Back
Top Bottom