What's the big deal with Tebow? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's the big deal with Tebow?

IN A NUTSHELL TEBOW IS THE REAL DEAL'' With his HEART HE CAN SLAY ANY DRAGONS!!!!!!!I LOVE NOTRE DAME I BECAME A FAN BECAUSE OF ALL THE HYPE,AND HE DELIVERS,HE WILL BE THE NEXT ELWAY,MONTANA,MARINO,MANNING,WHOEVER U WISH TO COMPARE HIM TO,Just because he's elusive like VICK doesn't mean he can't throw,bradford was all hype and he got his cage rattled and that mde the difference,TEBOW came outta the 1/2 and willed his team to victory,HIS FAITH IN GOD SHOULD BE A MEASURING STICK TO ALL THE DOUBTERS,TODAY WE HAVE DOG KILLERS,GUN SLINGERS,DRUG HEADS&MENTAL CASES,SO WHY WOULDN'T HE GO TO THE TOP!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER BOTH COACHES IN THE SUPER BOWL COLTS VS. BEARS WERE/ARE CHRISTAINS,THAT CLEARLY IS THE BEST THING TO SEE ON T.V. EVERY1 HAS 4 GOTTEN ''GOD'' BETTER GET READY HE'S BEEN WARNING US ALL THE TIME IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PEACE ,LOVE & HAPPINESS

Heath Shuler was as grounded and spiritual of a young man as there's ever been in college football...his priorities, values, and morales were all in order...and came from a great familiy that we got to know well in Bryson City, North Carolina.....and was as talented of a QB as there's ever been in the SEC at both running and passing...he was Tebow before Tebow...

He's a politician now....

The NFL defenses don't discriminate against fine young gentlemen like Tebow and Shuler....or thugs like Michael Vick...

Tebow didn't play as great as the announcers made it sound like last night. Well after they stopped slurping him. Tebow put the team on his back by shutting down Oklahomas offense?

As for his pro prospects, does it matter? Were guys like Danny Wuerfuell, Eric Crouch, Charlie Ward, and Ron Dayne not great college players because they didn't do squat in the pros?

Don't forget Matt Jones, who is a more athletic Tim Tebow

tebow is the man he takes on tacklers instead of sliding thats beast first down every time oh yea!! wooou curse him out he says god bless you haha

Don't forget Matt Jones, who is a more athletic Tim Tebow

Matt Jones started to come along this year. IMO he'll never be a guy who would've deserved a 1st rd pick. Tebow is a better Qb than Jones. I doubt Tebow will be drafted to be a Qb. He'll be some sorta H-Back IMO. In terms of a guy who will have to move positions I think Pat White is a better prospect than Tebow.

Bradford was exposed by an NFL styled defense. This game cost both him and McCoy a bunch of $Benjamins. The Sooner faithful will surely owe the FL DBs a debt of gratitude if Bradford decides to return next year.

Oh, and do you really think Tebow wouldn't have scored on at least one of those short and goal line stands?
I'm a Canes fan but you gotta give credit where it's due. Whether it's gonna be in football, business or philanthropy/charity/social works, the inner fortitude of this kid almost guarantees he will go far.
Agreed...But even though Florida won,Tebow showed once again why he won't succeed at our beloved NFL's level(at least QB).The NFL doesn't play,when it comes to those stupid little runs he does.Alot of fans want him to comeback another year,and maybe have Florida change their scheme to prepare him.C'mon...NO WAY is any university gonna change the way they play for the benefit of one person(solely to prepare him for the NFL).He threw for only a little over 200(2 TD's/2 Picks)against an Oklahoma team that supposedly had little defense.The kid is a CLASS act all the way,and a GREAT college QB,but I just don't think his style is suited for Sunday afternoons.Especially any team taking him high in the draft.I don't think it'll happen.I say third round at the earliest,and that's being kind...."IF" he comes out.I'd LOVE nothing more than to see him prove me wrong.

IN A NUTSHELL TEBOW IS THE REAL DEAL'' With his HEART HE CAN SLAY ANY DRAGONS!!!!!!!I LOVE NOTRE DAME I BECAME A FAN BECAUSE OF ALL THE HYPE,AND HE DELIVERS,HE WILL BE THE NEXT ELWAY,MONTANA,MARINO,MANNING,WHOEVER U WISH TO COMPARE HIM TO,Just because he's elusive like VICK doesn't mean he can't throw,bradford was all hype and he got his cage rattled and that mde the difference,TEBOW came outta the 1/2 and willed his team to victory,HIS FAITH IN GOD SHOULD BE A MEASURING STICK TO ALL THE DOUBTERS,TODAY WE HAVE DOG KILLERS,GUN SLINGERS,DRUG HEADS&MENTAL CASES,SO WHY WOULDN'T HE GO TO THE TOP!!!!!!!!!REMEMBER BOTH COACHES IN THE SUPER BOWL COLTS VS. BEARS WERE/ARE CHRISTAINS,THAT CLEARLY IS THE BEST THING TO SEE ON T.V. EVERY1 HAS 4 GOTTEN ''GOD'' BETTER GET READY HE'S BEEN WARNING US ALL THE TIME IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PEACE ,LOVE & HAPPINESS
I agree with you,that "THE BIG GUY" is coming.But I can assure you he could care less about which team wins a football game,or any other sport for that matter.

I don't think he's as elusive as Vick. His faith has nothing to do with football ability. The Colts/Bears Super Bowl wasn't that entertaining. People watched because it was the Super Bowl. I doubt anybody cared about their faith. Actually the color of their skin was more of a topic.

Ken Dorsey is another example of a great college player who didn't translate well into the pros.

He'll make a good coach someday though.

Ken Dorsey is another example of a great college player who didn't translate well into the pros.

I think scouts don't look at guys like Dorsey or other great college guys as great prospects. It's just fans who think it's shocking to see a guy soo successful at one level be soo unequipped to play at the next. I'm not saying Tebow's that but even look at Jason White. As good as he was he had no chance at ever doing anything in the pros.

It's not just football either. Look at Wojo from Duke.

I think the difference between Dorsey, pp, Smith (I hear Tebow compared to these guys all the time in terms of NFL career prospects) is really the quality of the team they played in.

These guys played arguably the bests teams in the history of college football. Their support cast around them was outstanding.

The same might be able to be said about the Gators (though I do not think they are at the level of those teams) but what is different is Tim Tebow's ability to completely and utterly dominate those games. Sure, Harvin is great. I think without him, Tebow still rushes for a 100 yards, has 3+ TDs per game and throws for 200+ yards every single game. When the game is on the line, he's the one that'll make pin-point throws and rush at the right time.

None of those QBs that fizzled in the NFL were as important as Tebow to the success of his team. W/out Dorsey, Smith--I really think all those teams would have accomplished everything they did with another 1-2 NLF draft round type QB.

I don't think any of them, McCoy, Bradford, Stafford, or Harrell (or anyone playing in college today) could have made the Gators a championship team.

I'm not saying this alone, his uniqueness, proves that he will succeed at any position in the NFL. All I'm Tebow is so much unlike anything we've ever seen. He's not a quick athletic running QB like Vick...he's a bulldozer with an arm.

Bradford was exposed by an NFL styled defense. This game cost both him and McCoy a bunch of $Benjamins. The Sooner faithful will surely owe the FL DBs a debt of gratitude if Bradford decides to return next year.

Oh, and do you really think Tebow wouldn't have scored on at least one of those short and goal line stands?
I'm a Canes fan but you gotta give credit where it's due. Whether it's gonna be in football, business or philanthropy/charity/social works, the inner fortitude of this kid almost guarantees he will go far.

Seriously? That one pick by Black was an amazing throw - absolutely incredible. Only the receiver could've caught that 30+ yards downfield off his back foot with three guys around the receiver! Hardly exposed there. And the other pick to end the second half hit his receiver in his shoulder and bounced right off him. He can't catch the ball for him.

Unlike Tebow's two picks which were astonishingly thrown right at the Sooner defenders.

Its cool, as a fan I can totally agree with hating Tebow.

I just don't get people that hate him "as a person" as I said in my post. He is special and I think everyone that hates him (again as a person, not as an opposing team's QB) is a hypocrite because EVERY team would be better if they had him. Every college football fan would love to have him in their team.

Actually, I was quite happy with Pat White. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom