whats the hype surrounding the texans all about? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whats the hype surrounding the texans all about?

The cold hard fact is that Houston has a core of players and coaches that have been together for several years, minus Wade Phillips. Their chemistry is more dependable with their backups and situational players than ours are. However, Houston is banged up going into this game. Don't count the Phins out of this one. Tate is an up-the-gut runner. If he plays most of the snaps, which I think he will, we just have to hold the edges and plug the gaps. Our run D is above average in the middle. Look for Miami to work a lot of zone stunts that make the 4-3 a hybrid 3-4 in zone blitz and stunt zone schemes on D. The key to winning this game is pressure, not necessarily sacks, on Schaub and taking the middle of the field away, which Dansby and Burnett excel at. We will double Johnson all day, and force Kevin Walters to be Schaub's other option. I honestly am not worried about our defense vs their offense with the injuries that HOU has.

I am more concerned with our ability to run the ball, sustain 10-12 play drives that chew up 7-10 minutes of clock, and finish in the red zone. Also, look for us running 4 WRs and Bush in the slot or split wide. West Coast offensive plays are designed to get the ball out quicker than a standard pro-style offense. Remember how the 49ers ran that slant over and over with Rice? It was the timing of the route and QB that got the pass completed. It was Rice's talent that had us watching him run 70 yards after the catch for 6 many times. This offense that Sherman runs is VERY efficient when the timing is there. When I was a teenager, my Dad had season tickets to the 9ers at the Stick. We went to preseason games and the offense looked like ours did this preseason. By week 2 or 3, Montana/Young to their receivers was a thing of beauty, because of the tiing the team had.

After seeing that vanilla offense being called by Miami this preseason, I wasn't and still am not worried about the plays or passing game. It will be up to Bush/thomas/Miller/Clay/Lane to beat down the Texans and wear them out. If the Fins can put up 125-150 yards on the ground, Miami will win this game. If we see 12-15 carries for 40 yards from Bush and 5-7 carries for 20 yards from Thomas, we won't have a chance. HOWEVER, if Reggie gets 100-125 all purpose yards, and Thomas gets 40-60 yards on the ground in short yardage, not to mention Javorskie Lane is a BIGGER AND BETTER version of Lousaka Polite, our 3rd and short situations should be a cakewalk. Remember........3rd and 3 or less was our biggest fail in the red zone last year. Without Polite, we were awful. Lane will provide that bulldozer on 3rd and short to move the chains and chew up clock.

Anyway, sorry for the rant....I just think we are in the typical media toilet where because writers don't know anything about this team's coach or players, they can only call us a bad team since if this team has any success...then they can label Miami a Cinderella story and help them keep their columns interesting in November thru January in South Florida.

I predicted a Texans win 48-10, but after the injuries and health issues of Houston's Foster and a few OL players...I actually believe it will be closer now.

This game will be a 7 point win one way or the other.

Either Houston 31-24, or Miami 28-21...depending on turnover margin for us or them being at least +3.

Now go out there and wear your aqua and orange proudly. We are Dolphins fans. Everyone hates us anyway, so what will it hurt to be hated and upset the Texans. :brewskis:

Are a single one of you prepared to eat crow or are you still going to cling to "We're rebuilding" or "We almost won!"

Are a single one of you prepared to eat crow or are you still going to cling to "We're rebuilding" or "We almost won!"

You've never been here before, shut up, trying to tell us to eat crow... Half of the board is expecting a loss tommorow

[video=youtube;QsQXGMqmI2s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsQXGMqmI2s[/video]

Dumbass, there were plenty of highlights that didn't include Mario Williams. He didn't play after the 5th game and the Texans still dominated on defense. He won't be missed.

Real nice video of your Defense, i think highlight video's are fun to watch too. Do i think the Texans pose a real problem for the Dolphins today? , why yes i do.
I still believe we will shock everybody today and WIN.

In #88 Mandich's own words, Al rightttt Miami.

Who let the Houston trolls in? Houston is choke artist #2 behind the Cowboys. Game 1 of a new season, STFU! grab a beer and enjoy! GO PHINS

That is what the hype is about.

Back
Top Bottom