What's Up With The Patriots Churning Their DBs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Up With The Patriots Churning Their DBs?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First J. Sanders, then B. Merriweather today it's D. Butler.

Correct me if wrong, but Merriweather and Butler were starters last year (and both high round picks) and Sanders was the 3rd DB in the game.

What is going on?

I'm guessing we'll try and exploit that inexperienced Patriots secondary. Brandon Marshall and Devone Bess!

not a clue.. i was praying we snag Merriweather.. but of course this FO dont make moves they like to play young rookies. i would snag Merriweather and cut sapp caroll or anyone on our cb's besides smith or davis.

My buddy is die hard pats fan and has no clue why they made these moves. he says there bringing in darren sharper..

McCourty and Bodden are still at CB, that's a pretty damn good duo. Pats got rid of Meriweather and Butler because they are awful.

McCourty and Bodden are still at CB, that's a pretty damn good duo. Pats got rid of Meriweather and Butler because they are awful.

I was clawing my eyes out at people entertaining the thought of Brandon Merriweather.

They have many areas to exploit. Bush and Clay vs their LB's in space is a matchup to exploit also. The strength of the Pats defense will the D-line if Haynesworth and Ellis make any kind of impact. If the O-line can keep Henne upright, then I expect some big plays from our skill position players. I like Gates and Hartline against their no.2 and no.3 CB's. Is Ras I Dowling starting? Many pundits were high on him coming out of the draft.

I was clawing my eyes out at people entertaining the thought of Brandon Merriweather.

I've never seen a FS take worse angles to the football. He almost knocked McCourty out last season against GB when he ran into him.

They were so good that Bilicheat drafted a replacement in the second round.....again.

Why are the Pats churning their DB's? Because they are the Detriot Lions of defensive backs. After drafting a bunch high in the draft(s), they literally have to many for their roster.

They were so good that Bilicheat drafted a replacement in the second round.....again.

Why are the Pats churning their DB's? Because they are the Detriot Lions of defensive backs. After drafting a bunch high in the draft(s), they literally have to many for their roster.

BB felt he was the best player on the board at that time. Are you saying you can have enough DB's? Your football knowledge is laughable. Dowling is a BIG CB, he may turn into a SS in the future. Anything else?

Because their defense is not that very good. Thin depth at LB, transitioning to more a 4-3 up front and the CB looks mediocre at best on paper. Notice how I said on paper.

I think they still have a good trio of CB with McCourty, Bodden and Dowling. At the S spot, Chung is solid but they are now starting Sergio Brown and have absolutely zero depht. We should take our chances a couple of times in the deep zones with Marshall and Gates, also some seam routes with Fasano and others...

Bodden missed 2010 with an injury and his replacement, Kyle Arrington is not suited to be an outside corner. they drafted Dowling because when he was healthy he was one of the best DB's in the country and has the versatility to play FS. no more smurf cornerbacks.

Well they were 30th or something in pass defense last year so I'm not surprised. Just weird that they're waiting till now to do it.

Bodden missed 2010 with an injury and his replacement, Kyle Arrington is not suited to be an outside corner. they drafted Dowling because when he was healthy he was one of the best DB's in the country and has the versatility to play FS. no more smurf cornerbacks.

Thats just it. He didn't prove in college he could stay healthy and I saw him more in the mold a S while watching his college play.

Dowling was only really injured his senior year. His junior year he was healthy and was projected as a mid first rounder until he announced he was staying another year. I remember a ton of mocks had the Steelers taking him at 17.

I don't mind if they try him at FS, a lot of scouting reports had said that if he can learn the position he has all the physical tools to be a great FS; sort of like what happened to Malcolm Jenkins of the Saints.

Back
Top Bottom