What's Up With The Patriots Churning Their DBs? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What's Up With The Patriots Churning Their DBs?

Jeez, the Dolphins didn't teach alot of folks about churning???? ... What up with that?? We should all be churning experts from all our rock flipping.

You churn when your people under-perform (often over paid) & which-ever body is available. Not Rocket Science!!

no, Chung is actually a reliable tackler.
I'm not saying Chung is a bad player, he s just over rated like many of the Patriot players because of how good their team has been. Patriot fans would be saying how great Meriweather was this time last year. "He s a young pro bowler"...Chung is solid, nothing more, nothing less.

And they were #1 in the NFL in interceptions last season

And 32nd on 3rd down and 30th in passing yards. Could all be because of their offense, lets face it NE usually jumps all over their opponents early forcing them to throw which increases their chances of getting INT's. Especially when your jumping out ahead of the likes of Chad Henne and Mark Sanchez, the INT's start to pile up LOL.

BB felt he was the best player on the board at that time. Are you saying you can have enough DB's? Your football knowledge is laughable. Dowling is a BIG CB, he may turn into a SS in the future. Anything else?

How is it "having enough DB's" when you cut them? My football knowledge may be lacking, but i dont understand the point of loading up on defensive backs if you cut them a year or two later. So, since im lacking knowledge, what good does a defensive back do you if he is a free agent after he is cut?

Your lack of common sense is hilarious. Then again, you are a New England fan.

they worked out Sharper and never offered him a contract. that story was from over a week ago. Haynesworth and Ocho aren't here to "save" anything; the defense doesn't depend on Haynesworth's abiltiy to play and Brady and the offense were good enought to lead the league in scoring without Ocho. they traded for Haynesworth because they could get him for nothing and traded for Ocho because they wanted to add flexibility at the WR position. Ocho was added to help the offense improve and give Brady another target, but he won't be the focal point of it and even if he got cut they have plenty of other options, namely the two TE's that they drafted.

I don't understand what's wrong with signing solid players in free agency. the team has a good balance of youth and veteran experience on both sides of the ball.

I didnt say they were there to save you. I was saying Moss was coming back to save you. lol

How is it "having enough DB's" when you cut them? My football knowledge may be lacking, but i dont understand the point of loading up on defensive backs if you cut them a year or two later. So, since im lacking knowledge, what good does a defensive back do you if he is a free agent after he is cut?

Your lack of common sense is hilarious. Then again, you are a New England fan.

Hey kiddo, Bodden is coming off a bad injury. Dowling was the best pick available at a position BB felt we could add depth to. Butler and Wilhite didn't work out, BB gave them another chance this preseason to step up their game and they didn't. BTW, a shift in size has happened in our CB's all but McCourty are 6'0 or taller.

With the spread offense being the common in the NFL, you need to have depth at CB.

Ouch good shot at NE :rolleyes2: At least we've sold out every game since 94' and arent having trouble selling out a home opener on MNF no less.

Brandon Merriweather is a perfect example of why making a pro bowl(or even multiple pro bowls) in this day and age of the NFL means jack ****. Its such an overused term on here too. So and so is a pro bowl (insert position). Big ****ing deal.

Brandon Merriweather is a perfect example of why making a pro bowl(or even multiple pro bowls) in this day and age of the NFL means jack ****. Its such an overused term on here too. So and so is a pro bowl (insert position). Big ****ing deal.
exactly even david garrard made the pro bowl because one of the quarterbacks was in the superbowl and the others were hurt or just didnt want to play lol

New England=Overrrated..... Come talk to us when you guys win something without cheating haha

Hey kiddo, Bodden is coming off a bad injury. Dowling was the best pick available at a position BB felt we could add depth to. Butler and Wilhite didn't work out, BB gave them another chance this preseason to step up their game and they didn't. BTW, a shift in size has happened in our CB's all but McCourty are 6'0 or taller.

With the spread offense being the common in the NFL, you need to have depth at CB.

Ouch good shot at NE :rolleyes2: At least we've sold out every game since 94' and arent having trouble selling out a home opener on MNF no less.

And I wonder how many of these people buying tickets for MNF, became fans after the 2001 season? You guys were abismal at best until BB decided to take a peak at all the defenses and then, what do you know? The games alot easier when you know what your opponents going to do every down.

Your fanbase is full of front runners, and its sickening, listening to your "fans" that didnt know there was an NFL prior to 2000.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the new Chargers, put up gaudy numbers in reg season and get blown up in the playoffs every year. You guys made your last run in 07' and failed, no more cheating = no more hardware. gtfo.

And I wonder how many of these people buying tickets for MNF, became fans after the 2001 season? You guys were abismal at best until BB decided to take a peak at all the defenses and then, what do you know? The games alot easier when you know what your opponents going to do every down.

Your fanbase is full of front runners, and its sickening, listening to your "fans" that didnt know there was an NFL prior to 2000.

As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the new Chargers, put up gaudy numbers in reg season and get blown up in the playoffs every year. You guys made your last run in 07' and failed, no more cheating = no more hardware. gtfo.

Sold out every game since 94'. Front runners? You can hand count people at Marlins games. If we're the new Chargers what's that make you guys? The new Lions?

Patriots went to a SB post spygate (story came out after week 1), there goes your argument out the window. Bitter fans like you will still cry about spygate because you need an excuse as to why we've owned the division for the past ten years. Boo hoo.

News flash, taping signals isnt against the rules. Patriots taped in in the worng location, it was a procedural infraction that was against the rules. I understand, I'd grip that spygate crap tightly if I was in your shoes too.

I love how quickly the Pats fans forget how much of a joke their franchise was for years. Probably because they didn't realize the Pats existed before Brady and Belicheck

I like the Carter acquisition but Haynesworth? meh. In 10 years he has 30 sacks. He again failed his fitness test and didnt practice the first month. Merriweather is not a big loss nor is Butler. Bodden had an excellent year after playing bad in Detroit but he is coming off injury. Cant knock Chung because he made his name on Miami. The Patriots are not close to the defenses they had in the Super Bowl years. They have not done anything post season for 4 years. Last year I would have expected the Pats in a blowout. Monday night? I think the Pats win in a very close and highly competitive game.

Sold out every game since 94'. Front runners? You can hand count people at Marlins games. If we're the new Chargers what's that make you guys? The new Lions?

Patriots went to a SB post spygate (story came out after week 1), there goes your argument out the window. Bitter fans like you will still cry about spygate because you need an excuse as to why we've owned the division for the past ten years. Boo hoo.

News flash, taping signals isnt against the rules. Patriots taped in in the worng location, it was a procedural infraction that was against the rules. I understand, I'd grip that spygate crap tightly if I was in your shoes too.

And that's why they were docked a 1st rounder, because it was just a "procedural infraction". BS, it was a clear competitive advantage, and that's why they were hit so hard. Denver's salary cap infractions netted a 3rd round pick, for comparison.

And how did that Superbowl you so proudly mentioned worked out?

We're only going to score 17 points? *chortle* OK. Is Plaxico playing defense?

Ring a bell?

Cant forget how Goodell destroyed the tapes because the NFL couldnt afford to reveal just how extensively the Pats cheated.

Back
Top Bottom