"When a Corvette Runs Into a Brick Wall" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"When a Corvette Runs Into a Brick Wall"

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Just because there's so many ****y Heat fans on this board, I'm cheering for Kobe (even though the chances of the Lakers winning are slim)!

That's funny, because I haven't seen any. Most of us Heat fans here just talk about the games and the remarkable stuff Flash pulls every night, and some(like me) don't think the Heat will be Champions this season because we're 1-man short.

The funniest thing with that post is that you're a Knicks fan. :roflmao:

X-Con said:
That's funny, because I haven't seen any. Most of us Heat fans here just talk about the games and the remarkable stuff Flash pulls every night, and some(like me) don't think the Heat will be Champions this season because we're 1-man short.

The funniest thing with that post is that you're a Knicks fan. :roflmao:
:lol:

I agree with our championship odds. I think we need a solid SF, not a star, but a true SF than can shoot a nice J and play D, a Bruce Bowen type with a better offensive game. We dont need a star, just a solid SF, and its hard to find someone like that right now.

You have to expect a large amount of heat fans on a board for a miami team. Just like Sabres fans are on the Billszone.com. That said, I love Shaq...but im rootin for the great number eight.

DolFan31 said:
:lol:

I agree with our championship odds. I think we need a solid SF, not a star, but a true SF than can shoot a nice J and play D, a Bruce Bowen type with a better offensive game. We dont need a star, just a solid SF, and its hard to find someone like that right now.

All we need is a Donyell Marshall and/or Bobby Simmons with next year's mid-level exception. However, I think the Heat will win the Eastern Conference, I just don't like our odds against San Antonio or the Suns. IMO, a team like the Sonics will go out in round 1 or 2. They won't last.

If EJ can keep it up...our chances increase by one hell of a number.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

Exactly. It's obvious that you're here to cause trouble, not talk basketball. If you didn't make your original post in this thread to get at me, you would've replied to my last post. Happy Holidays. :)

X-Con said:
All we need is a Donyell Marshall and/or Bobby Simmons with next year's mid-level exception. However, I think the Heat will win the Eastern Conference, I just don't like our odds against San Antonio or the Suns. IMO, a team like the Sonics will go out in round 1 or 2. They won't last.

If EJ can keep it up...our chances increase by one hell of a number.
Id like either of those guys. But isnt Donyell more of a SG?

One of my problems with EJ is his consistancy. Im not saying he needs to score over 20 every night, but at least most of the time show some offensive consistancy. What we're getting with him is defense, which is good considering R.Butler wasnt up to the task, but Eddie needs to show us he can keep this up for the long haul. SF is the key for us to be a complete team, now that U-Don and D.Jones stepped it up. Our bench isnt that good but good enough for now.

Donyell is more like a very weak small forward.
:yes:
DolFan31 said:
Id like either of those guys. But isnt Donyell more of a SG?

Marshall is a SF/PF. He's 6'9/230, but he doesn't really have a post game offensively. He doesn't play as aggressive as his size would lead you to assume, but he's a good rebounder. He'd make teams pay big time for putting 2-3 guys on Shaq. He has great range for his size and is an excellent 3-point shooter. He's not exactly a guy you can rely on defensively, I mean...he's not a shot blocker and he does give up on some plays that are questionable.

Bobby Simmons came out of nowhere and he has been a hell of a player for the Clips this year. He's a 6'6/228 SF who is #5 in the NBA in FG percentage at 53%. His long-range shot is really starting to come along, and that's something that Bob McAdoo would improve by the minute here in Miami. He's an aggressive type of SF who can take it to the rim. To tell you the truth...he reminds me a lot of Caron Butler.

X-Con said:
Marshall is a SF/PF. He's 6'9/230, but he doesn't really have a post game offensively. He doesn't play as aggressive as his size would lead you to assume, but he's a good rebounder. He'd make teams pay big time for putting 2-3 guys on Shaq. He has great range for his size and is an excellent 3-point shooter. He's not exactly a guy you can rely on defensively, I mean...he's not a shot blocker and he does give up on some plays that are questionable.

Bobby Simmons came out of nowhere and he has been a hell of a player for the Clips this year. He's a 6'6/228 SF who is #5 in the NBA in FG percentage at 53%. His long-range shot is really starting to come along, and that's something that Bob McAdoo would improve by the minute here in Miami. He's an aggressive type of SF who can take it to the rim. To tell you the truth...he reminds me a lot of Caron Butler.
isnt caron a free agent after this season? Any chance we could bring him back year with the MLE?

X-Con said:

I remember just a few years back Donyell had a big year, I believe it was 2000 when he was with the Jazz. Wonder what happened..

So what about Simmon's defense? Does he have good perimeter defense?

VJ1252 said:
isnt caron a free agent after this season? Any chance we could bring him back year with the MLE?
The Lakers picked up his option a day before the deadline. I wish they didn't, though. I'd love to have Caron back, and I know he'd love to be back in Miami.

DolFan31 said:
So what about Simmon's defense? Does he have good perimeter defense?
Yeah, he's a good perimeter defender as well as inside. His defense also reminds me of Caron Butler, and Butler is one hell of a defender. Simmons lacks a long-range shot, but that is improving by the week. He's a bull when it comes to taking it to the basket. I'd love to have Simmons.

That was too hott on the first drive of the game when Kobe went into the lane and the Brick Wall blocked him...:lol:

Jimmy Jackson has been suspended for not reporting to the Hornets. The Heat should definitely look into him, he could be the missing piece!

Look for a player who doesn't report to his team's practice?? I don't think so, that character is not one I look for in a player.

Back
Top Bottom