When Jamar Taylor and Will davis will play ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Jamar Taylor and Will davis will play ?

Taylor has played in a few games. Usually provides decent coverage I think. Jimmy Graham scored on him but the kid had perfect coverage. David has been inactive most games, the coaches must not trust him out there yet

NE has enough weapons to where we need these guys on the field! good post

I don't know, but we're getting dangerously low production from this draft class....

It's crazy to think that one of these guys can't do better than putting J.Wilson on the field to cover the other teams best receiving weapon. Our coaching stuff.....arrrrghhhh so frustrating.

The other CB's have played ok. I would trade Taylor (who I liked in the draft a ton) for Branden Albert right now.

It's crazy to think that one of these guys can't do better than putting J.Wilson on the field to cover the other teams best receiving weapon. Our coaching stuff.....arrrrghhhh so frustrating.

Agreed, but at least maybe Patterson will return to nickel duties this week which means we'll still have to see Carroll but no Wilson. No Wilson is a win IMHO. I'm from Mass and was telling my buddies at work thst when NE needs a play take notice to number 27 likely covering.

Taylor has played - he got abused by Graham (top TE in NFL), he played is a few other games and was targeted asap.
has giving up more plays then he made. need more playing time to improve.

We don't see them on the field often because we typically only play goal line, base, and nickel defense. Meaning at the very most we only put 3 CBs on the field. So far it seems Taylor and Davis haven't been taught to play slot corner meaning Jimmy Wilson or Patterson will always be on the field in nickel. From that the only spots available are Grimes's spot, and Grimes is playing well and hasn't been hurt. And the right corner spot, which has been Patterson and Carroll's spot. Jimmy will play as long as Patterson is injured or iffy. The best that can be hoped for is that Taylor, who is coming off an injury or Davis who is raw, can take the right boundary spot.

I mean there's reasons we're getting less production out of this draft class. Some were bad picks, but for the most part it's because we've added more talent and have been very unlucky with injuries. Jordan came in injured which put him behind the 8 ball, but you can see he has a special quality once he gets consistent work, he's also behind Wake and Vernon who have produced well. You have Jamar Taylor who's been injured, hard enough for a rookie to make it in the league without an injury in his first year. Will Davis is a project, don't think anyone expected him to be much of a factor in the early goings this year. Dallas Thomas definitely qualifies as a bad pick, no excuse there. Charles Clay has emerged and Sims is more of a blocker as is, still a little disappointing that he hasn't shown a ton...god that TD feels like a season ago...Jenkins is getting into sub packages, and I think he's gotta great skillset for the direction the NFL is going. Once you get into 5-7 you can't expect much, but we've had great kicking from Sturgis, Don Jones has been a special teams demon, Gillislee hasn't shown jack.

So long and short, hard to judge this draft class do to the injuries our high picks have suffered, it's pretty clear the staff is taking it slow with them and they're still getting up to speed.
The Fireland crowd I'm sure has their mind made up already, but it's far too soon to downgrade this draft class, I think they're going to emerge in the second half of the season.

Will the Colts trade us Vontae for both?

At least Vontae knows how to prepare for Tom Brady every week.

All I can think about is that we gave up the chance to draft Clay Matthews and Hakeem Nicks for Vontae. Both Clay and Nicks turned into playmakers that helped their teams win Super Bowls (albeit Eli and Rodgers sure help). At the time we desperately needed either one. Then we trade away Vontae because he wasn't a "Philbin" guy and now he's about to help Luck win his Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years if not sooner. How do we replace our only balhawking secondary playmaker? By drafting an injured player in 2nd round that is 23 years old. Vontae is only 25!

I'm not counting out Jamar Taylor, but give me a 1st rounder with family NFL pedigree over a 23 year old 2nd rounder.

We are consistently 7-9 for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom