When Jamar Taylor and Will davis will play ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by fastball83, Oct 26, 2013.

1. fastball83

fastball83 Seasoned Veteran

Any news about them, I would see what they can do on the field ?

thanks

2. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Taylor has played in a few games. Usually provides decent coverage I think. Jimmy Graham scored on him but the kid had perfect coverage. David has been inactive most games, the coaches must not trust him out there yet

3. Tannchise

Tannchise A True Fan

NE has enough weapons to where we need these guys on the field! good post

4. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

I don't know, but we're getting dangerously low production from this draft class....

5. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Jamar Taylor played last game

6. fastball83

fastball83 Seasoned Veteran

yes..............low production from this year draft class and year before and year before.

7. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

It's crazy to think that one of these guys can't do better than putting J.Wilson on the field to cover the other teams best receiving weapon. Our coaching stuff.....arrrrghhhh so frustrating.

8. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

The other CB's have played ok. I would trade Taylor (who I liked in the draft a ton) for Branden Albert right now.

9. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro

Agreed, but at least maybe Patterson will return to nickel duties this week which means we'll still have to see Carroll but no Wilson. No Wilson is a win IMHO. I'm from Mass and was telling my buddies at work thst when NE needs a play take notice to number 27 likely covering.

10. JERSEYFINFAN23

JERSEYFINFAN23 Starter

Taylor has played - he got abused by Graham (top TE in NFL), he played is a few other games and was targeted asap.
    has giving up more plays then he made. need more playing time to improve.

11. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

dialed up 666-666-HELL; they say it's pretty chilly, but no chance of a freeze... so I guess not any time soon.

12. ph0enyx

ph0enyx Well-Known Member

We don't see them on the field often because we typically only play goal line, base, and nickel defense. Meaning at the very most we only put 3 CBs on the field. So far it seems Taylor and Davis haven't been taught to play slot corner meaning Jimmy Wilson or Patterson will always be on the field in nickel. From that the only spots available are Grimes's spot, and Grimes is playing well and hasn't been hurt. And the right corner spot, which has been Patterson and Carroll's spot. Jimmy will play as long as Patterson is injured or iffy. The best that can be hoped for is that Taylor, who is coming off an injury or Davis who is raw, can take the right boundary spot.

13. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

I mean there's reasons we're getting less production out of this draft class. Some were bad picks, but for the most part it's because we've added more talent and have been very unlucky with injuries. Jordan came in injured which put him behind the 8 ball, but you can see he has a special quality once he gets consistent work, he's also behind Wake and Vernon who have produced well. You have Jamar Taylor who's been injured, hard enough for a rookie to make it in the league without an injury in his first year. Will Davis is a project, don't think anyone expected him to be much of a factor in the early goings this year. Dallas Thomas definitely qualifies as a bad pick, no excuse there. Charles Clay has emerged and Sims is more of a blocker as is, still a little disappointing that he hasn't shown a ton...god that TD feels like a season ago...Jenkins is getting into sub packages, and I think he's gotta great skillset for the direction the NFL is going. Once you get into 5-7 you can't expect much, but we've had great kicking from Sturgis, Don Jones has been a special teams demon, Gillislee hasn't shown jack.

So long and short, hard to judge this draft class do to the injuries our high picks have suffered, it's pretty clear the staff is taking it slow with them and they're still getting up to speed.
    The Fireland crowd I'm sure has their mind made up already, but it's far too soon to downgrade this draft class, I think they're going to emerge in the second half of the season.

14. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

Will the Colts trade us Vontae for both?

At least Vontae knows how to prepare for Tom Brady every week.

15. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

All I can think about is that we gave up the chance to draft Clay Matthews and Hakeem Nicks for Vontae. Both Clay and Nicks turned into playmakers that helped their teams win Super Bowls (albeit Eli and Rodgers sure help). At the time we desperately needed either one. Then we trade away Vontae because he wasn't a "Philbin" guy and now he's about to help Luck win his Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years if not sooner. How do we replace our only balhawking secondary playmaker? By drafting an injured player in 2nd round that is 23 years old. Vontae is only 25!

I'm not counting out Jamar Taylor, but give me a 1st rounder with family NFL pedigree over a 23 year old 2nd rounder.

We are consistently 7-9 for a reason.

16. False Alarm

False Alarm Rookie

man, after the preseason i thought will davis was gonna be the second coming of terrell buckley--a lotta good and a lotta bad but all in all someone who can play. instead i don't think he's even dressed yet? weird.

17. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

we should have Jeff call his GrandMother and find out

18. Dj Shoj

Dj Shoj Scout Team

Vontae davis had a hellavu game against denver tho lol. (I still cant believe we traded him).

19. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

Why are we talking about playing Patterson in the nickel spot? I know I've read people say he's better there but opening day we started him on the boundary opposite Grimes and he was pretty good against Cleveland that day.

20. mega-fin-love

mega-fin-love Just trust me Donator

No doubt...solid coverage and two pickles that day if I recall correctly.

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Yes against Cleveland he had a good day but all in all he is nothing to get excited about. He is usually injured or ineffective

22. ph0enyx

He only plays right corner in base. When we go nickel he slides into the slot corner position and we have Nolan man the right boundary. Oh the one hand it is nice, slot corner is the harder corner position and teams also like putting their 1 or 2 wr in the slot. On the other it usually mean Nolan is lined up press over the split end.

23. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

I'd like to see how he'd perform on a regular basis if he could stay healthy. I know that's a BIG if and not likely, but I loved how he performed in that Cleveland game and I'm hoping he's back to 100% for the Pats.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

That's true we do use him like that, although I don't really like it as I'd rather keep him in the right corner spot and bring in Taylor or someday Davis to man the nickel spot. I constantly hold my breath when I know Carroll or Wilson are in the game as I just know that the other QB is targeting them. Taylor and/or Davis may not be better than either of those guys but at least they're an unknown and I don't expect failure from them.

24. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Also Im sure looking good against Browns with best receiver out versus Pats period is a big change

25. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

The Pats aren't really all that special at receiver but your point is valid, the Browns aren't all that spectacular at WR outside of Gordon.

26. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Obviously he has played better than our rookies so he should be an improvement which is bad thing for our rookie prospects

27. ph0enyx

We signed Patterson to play in the slot and as of right now, he is our best option for that position. I would say his ability to play there outweighs any potential match ups that may be given. Because we don't usually follow receivers so teams can dictate their match ups. Though I think it was the Ravens game, Grimes shadowed Tory Smith, or at the very least played right boundary because Tory was the only one we were afraid of.

28. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

It seemed like after he got burned on that 4th down in preseason he stopped playing. I think they need to teach him up quite a bit before he can be trusted to not bite on a route and get torched. The physical tools and instinct are there, he just needs the reps and study time.

29. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

Like Deja Vu having him start at corner in the base defense and making a play already. Patterson, when healthy, seems to make quite a difference to our defense.

30. Scott Andrew

Scott Andrew Starter

Agreed... sad when our last 2 picks of the draft are the most effective players! (although I do think Dion will be great eventually)

31. Dolfan23

Dolfan23 A True Fan

Ireland is actually very good at finding players late in the draft who become good players. If he didn't suck in the early-middle rounds we'd be really freaking good.