When Jamar Taylor and Will davis will play ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

When Jamar Taylor and Will davis will play ?

man, after the preseason i thought will davis was gonna be the second coming of terrell buckley--a lotta good and a lotta bad but all in all someone who can play. instead i don't think he's even dressed yet? weird.

Vontae davis had a hellavu game against denver tho lol. (I still cant believe we traded him).

Why are we talking about playing Patterson in the nickel spot? I know I've read people say he's better there but opening day we started him on the boundary opposite Grimes and he was pretty good against Cleveland that day.

Why are we talking about playing Patterson in the nickel spot? I know I've read people say he's better there but opening day we started him on the boundary opposite Grimes and he was pretty good against Cleveland that day.

No doubt...solid coverage and two pickles that day if I recall correctly.

Yes against Cleveland he had a good day but all in all he is nothing to get excited about. He is usually injured or ineffective

He only plays right corner in base. When we go nickel he slides into the slot corner position and we have Nolan man the right boundary. Oh the one hand it is nice, slot corner is the harder corner position and teams also like putting their 1 or 2 wr in the slot. On the other it usually mean Nolan is lined up press over the split end.

Yes against Cleveland he had a good day but all in all he is nothing to get excited about. He is usually injured or ineffective

I'd like to see how he'd perform on a regular basis if he could stay healthy. I know that's a BIG if and not likely, but I loved how he performed in that Cleveland game and I'm hoping he's back to 100% for the Pats.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

He only plays right corner in base. When we go nickel he slides into the slot corner position and we have Nolan man the right boundary. Oh the one hand it is nice, slot corner is the harder corner position and teams also like putting their 1 or 2 wr in the slot. On the other it usually mean Nolan is lined up press over the split end.

That's true we do use him like that, although I don't really like it as I'd rather keep him in the right corner spot and bring in Taylor or someday Davis to man the nickel spot. I constantly hold my breath when I know Carroll or Wilson are in the game as I just know that the other QB is targeting them. Taylor and/or Davis may not be better than either of those guys but at least they're an unknown and I don't expect failure from them.

I'd like to see how he'd perform on a regular basis if he could stay healthy. I know that's a BIG if and not likely, but I loved how he performed in that Cleveland game and I'm hoping he's back to 100% for the Pats.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

That's true we do use him like that, although I don't really like it as I'd rather keep him in the right corner spot and bring in Taylor or someday Davis to man the nickel spot. I constantly hold my breath when I know Carroll or Wilson are in the game as I just know that the other QB is targeting them. Taylor and/or Davis may not be better than either of those guys but at least they're an unknown and I don't expect failure from them.

Also Im sure looking good against Browns with best receiver out versus Pats period is a big change

Also Im sure looking good against Browns with best receiver out versus Pats period is a big change

The Pats aren't really all that special at receiver but your point is valid, the Browns aren't all that spectacular at WR outside of Gordon.

The Pats aren't really all that special at receiver but your point is valid, the Browns aren't all that spectacular at WR outside of Gordon.

Obviously he has played better than our rookies so he should be an improvement which is bad thing for our rookie prospects

We signed Patterson to play in the slot and as of right now, he is our best option for that position. I would say his ability to play there outweighs any potential match ups that may be given. Because we don't usually follow receivers so teams can dictate their match ups. Though I think it was the Ravens game, Grimes shadowed Tory Smith, or at the very least played right boundary because Tory was the only one we were afraid of.

man, after the preseason i thought will davis was gonna be the second coming of terrell buckley--a lotta good and a lotta bad but all in all someone who can play. instead i don't think he's even dressed yet? weird.

It seemed like after he got burned on that 4th down in preseason he stopped playing. I think they need to teach him up quite a bit before he can be trusted to not bite on a route and get torched. The physical tools and instinct are there, he just needs the reps and study time.

Like Deja Vu having him start at corner in the base defense and making a play already. Patterson, when healthy, seems to make quite a difference to our defense.

I don't know, but we're getting dangerously low production from this draft class....

Agreed... sad when our last 2 picks of the draft are the most effective players! (although I do think Dion will be great eventually)

Back
Top Bottom