Where's Wally | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Where's Wally

I think wally is an extremely talented DE. It was a brilliant move by the FO to sign him and wait for his injuries to heal. But I think he's wrong in not signing. What is worng with getting half of your signing bonus now and the other half later? If this is the only reason for this holdout then I think it's extremely dumb. I agree with the dolphins on this one. He shouldn't get unrestricted FA money because he's not one. No one made him sign that contract two years ago. If you think you can get more money on the FA market then play out your existing contract and see what offers you get after the season. It's that simple. I should be an agent. :yell:

finregime said:
Stats don't always mean better and if you think Kearse's injury didnt keep him from posting 18+ sack totals then I don't know who your watching.
Wale is good but not worth the headache of wondering if he don't get signed what will you get for him?
He needs to sign cause he's no Strahan and if you say he's better I'll crap myself!
How good was Strahan in his 3rd year? given some more time I think wally can be just as good if not better than any DE in the league right now including JT.

The top 5 defensive ends in football, IMO, are:

Michael Strahan
Jason Taylor
Mike Rucker
Andre Carter
Adewale Ogunleye

this is how hold outs work
veteran players learn nothing in TC, expecially d linemen.
he is goiing to miss a much camp as possilbe
he is not greedy, he just wants to be respected as a premiere end
and he will get it, its just a matter of time...

KBISBACK said:
The top 5 defensive ends in football, IMO, are:

Michael Strahan
Jason Taylor
Mike Rucker
Andre Carter
Adewale Ogunleye

What about:
Peppers
Kearse
Rice
Freeney

Freeney is definately better than Carter!

finregime said:
What about:
Peppers
Kearse
Rice
Freeney

Freeney is definately better than Carter!

Kearse and Rice are nothing but big names. Kearse is injury prone, and Rice is a one dimensional pass rusher.

Freeney is a one dimensional pass rusher as well.

All of the DEs I ranked can rush the passer as well as defend the run.

He wants all his money up front.... sounds to me like he has no confidence in his ability to produce longer than just next season. Or maybe Drew wants to buy a new house or something.

Al13 said:
david bowens is ready to take over.....
Absolutely, and don't be surprised if we still come very close to having the same type of passrush, without the greedy prince.

Ogunleye is a head case and quite frankly i dont care if he is resigned anymore. All of this bull**** means nothing to me, hes been offered enough money and if thats not good enough trade his ***. Simple as that. We dont need more negativity associated with this team. Now is the time to crack down because this offseason has been plagued with downs for the PHINS. The time to get everything in order is NOW for the front office. Make him sign what your giving him or trade his ***.

feelthepain said:
Everyone sounds pissed because he has not signed. Well, must be becuse the guy is good and there is not a player on the roster better at his position. So I say hope and pray we sign this guy, he is a very big part of the D.
Not true imo, take Jason away from the other side, Wally does nothing very little.

[/QUOTE]I know the guy is greedy it's his right.[/QUOTE]

Exactly Like it is Miami's not to pay his greedy a$$. Miami wants football players on their team, not business men.....what's wrong 7 mil not enough to live on....please

[/QUOTE]I don't like it anymore then anyone else, but I'm realistic about where this team stands without him and he would be a big big loss for this team and the FO know's that or he would have been gone by now.[/QUOTE]

Miami has tried to trade him, but no team feels that he is as great a talent as Wally considers himself.

[/QUOTE]With the loss of Ricky maybe the best player on this team we can't afford to lose another. Ogun plays a big part of the D, 26 sacks in your first two full season is not a joke the guy should be paid, and lets be honest he's not the first guy ever to hold out for more money.[/QUOTE]

Do you really think he is a better player then Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas, Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, and Tim Bowens (Yes also Tim Bowens...check out how much teams run on us, without this guy)? Don't get me wrong, I think Ogun is a great talent, and when we picked him up, injury and all, I was still very excited to get him, but he is acting very greedy, and that is the type of player that we do not need, we need more team players, not me players.....he needs to get his over-priced a$$ into camp, and start showing his problem is not with the team, and is their for his teammates, or as far as I am concerned, he is only one level under Ganja Boy.

It's only greed when there is a fair offer on the table and the athlete turns it down. The Dolphins have a fair offer out there and he's not biting...I don't think the Fins need to do anymore. I'm all for the athlete taking care of his family, but, he has to know his market value.

feelthepain said:
Everyone sounds pissed because he has not signed. Well, must be becuse the guy is good and there is not a player on the roster better at his position. So I say hope and pray we sign this guy, he is a very big part of the D. I know the guy is greedy it's his right. I don't like it anymore then anyone else, but I'm realistic about where this team stands without him and he would be a big big loss for this team and the FO know's that or he would have been gone by now. With the loss of Ricky maybe the best player on this team we can't afford to lose another. Ogun plays a big part of the D, 26 sacks in your first two full season is not a joke the guy should be paid, and lets be honest he's not the first guy ever to hold out for more money.
BOTTOM LINE, WE NEED A PASS RUSH MORE THAN EVER THIS YEAR WITH THE NEW PASS INTERFERENCE RULES GOING IN EFFECT. GOT TO GET TO THE QUATERBACK QUICKLY.

I am not prepared to give Ogun the money he wants. Our offense needs money put into it, not the D. We have a mediocre at best QB situation, a mediocre at best TB situation, and a mediocre at best OL. Yet we want to invest the rest of our cap space to a DE who previously had a career threatening injury, when we have a Superstar DE on the other side. Wale is a bonus, not a need.

Back
Top Bottom