Votes: 76 43.4%
  • Hartline

Votes: 84 48.0%
  • Starks

Votes: 103 58.9%
  • Fasano

Votes: 33 18.9%

• Total voters
Long, bush, hart line and Starks......that's it. Free agent cb and draft 1 or 2.

Move Odrick to DT and sign a DE in FA. Why pay Starks. we need a DE/OLB who sacks QBs.

Long needs to be sign at the right price. If not then Hartline is second.

It is pretty hard to find decent cornerbacks. While $6M/yr seems a ridiculously high figure, Sean Smith has shown steady improvement and would be hard to replace. My inclination would be to resign him as the top priority and to save the money by letting Jake Long walk. I would like to resign Hartline but if he's asking for crazy money, ie upwards of $5M/yr, I'd let him walk too. While he makes a decent #3 WR, he can be replaced if we need to. Fasano would make a decent #2 TE, but it is more important to sign or draft a genuine playmaker as our prime TE than to resign Fasano.

Move Odrick to DT and sign a DE in FA. Why pay Starks. we need a DE/OLB who sacks QBs.

Long needs to be sign at the right price. If not then Hartline is second.

Signing/Drafting a big time Defensive End should be a priority. However resigning Starks should also be a priority. Moving Odrick to DT to rotate with Starks and Soliai should be the plan. If both Starks and McDaniel leave who is your depth at DT? Do you want to rely on just Kheeston Randall and Chas Alecxih?
I would rather keep the strength of the interior Defensive line intact. Lack of quality depth at Linebacker killed the Dolphins this year why create the same problem on the defensive line?

The Dolphins should make it a priority to resign the quality players that were already on the team such as Starks, Bush , Hartline, Smith, Fasano, and Clemons. I am not saying overpay these guys but the team needs to make sure that they have some decent depth. I would say resign Long as well but his salary demands factored in with his recent injuries along with the drop in the quality of his play lately , I would say the Dolphins just let him walk.

So the two guys who I would make my top priority to resign are Starks because he key to keeping the D-line strong. Followed by Bush because he is one of the few play makers the team has had the last couple years.

Next would be Smith. He may not be a top corner but he would be a quality #2 corner. I wouldn't pay him more than 6 mil a year but if they can get him at a that rate on maybe a 3 or 4 year deal then he should be resigned. If not then you look at another CB in free agency. They need to find a #1 corner either way. I would rather have the new Corner starting across from Smith then have to rely on Carroll, Marshall (who I believe should be cut because he was always a liability in coverage even before the injury), or Patterson who will most likely be cut as well.

I would also try to resign Hartline. He would be a good #3 receiver but I wouldn't pay him more than 5 mil per season. Also I would make a fair offer to Fasano. He is a good quality #2 tight end. I would also try to resign Clemons because I believe he provides quality depth to the secondary. This of course is contingent on the Dolphins drafting one of the top Safeties, resigning Smith or signing another CB (possibly 2) and/or drafting a top CB.

The Dolphins lack depth at many positions which is why they shouldn't let all of their own free agents walk. Of course most of us can see that they lack quality starters at WR, DE, TE, CB, S, OG & OT. I don't believe they will be able to fill all of those holes this offseason but if they make the right moves they should be able fill most of them.

I voted Bush, as he is the excitement of this teams offense. Maybe one day Miller and Thomas will be, maybe not.

I'd like to keeps Starks and Hartline 3rd. I see him as the middle man of our receivers. Bess in the slot, Hartline, and whoever we bring in as the no.1

Jake Long is #1. Then I'd say it's Reggie Bush. Smith and Clemons I think are also should re-signs, but the rest are replaceable. But I'd like Starks back, but Odrick and a 1st or 2nd round pick can replace Starks though. Hartline and Fasano will be told see ya.

thats funny, I could see the complete opposite happen.

Coaches love Fasano's versatility and he did score 5 TD's this year. We will get a young stud in draft. Not FA. Why spend more money on someone who's production is similar? They dont know the system.

Hartline's asking price is not breakiing the bank. They like that and they like Harltine. If we did not have Hartline this year our WR core would have netted us about 2 wins...to the enjoyment of many on this board.

Starks is a game changer keep starks... Then hartline and then fasano in that order.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

the other 2 scrubs can walk..Sean Smith is an erratic mess and bush has fumble problems....He plays a gAME AT PRO BOWL LEVEL AND THEN PLAYS LIKE A CHUMP THE NEXT.

I voted Hartline because of the chemistry him and Tannehill developed, his 1000 yard year, and the fact that it would free up our draft needs to allow us to pick up some DBs and DEs. I'd also like to keep Starks too.

Bush I feel like will not be worth any 3+ year deal and I doubt he'll settle for less, also feel like his style is similar to something we have much cheaper in Miller. I trust him enough to put some more responsibilities on his shoulders.

thats funny, I could see the complete opposite happen.

Coaches love Fasano's versatility and he did score 5 TD's this year. We will get a young stud in draft. Not FA. Why spend more money on someone who's production is similar? They dont know the system.

Hartline's asking price is not breakiing the bank. They like that and they like Harltine. If we did not have Hartline this year our WR core would have netted us about 2 wins...to the enjoyment of many on this board.

Long and Bush are "must bring backs" imo as they are two top level in their respective positions. The thing about Fasano is that he won't play for the veterans' minimum. And I disagree on the fact about "similar production" thing as Fasano does not stretch the middle of the field and isn't a seam threat. He's basically a blocking TE with above average hands. We can get that in a cheaper young guy.

Hartline as I've iterated many times makes no sense to bring back as we need to bring in "two" maybe three playmakers at WR and that leaves no spot for Hartline, who likewise will not play for the veterans' minimum. He's basically a #3 WR and we have Bess, Matthews, and a draft pick to man those spots. We need "two" quality starters at WR. So bringing Hartline back takes away that second starting WR spot we need to upgrade at.

Now, not going to say that Ireland won't entertain the idea if he agrees to return for cheap, but it just doesn't make sense because then you aren't "upgrading" the position.

Back to Long and Bush in order to hit this point down about Hartline. You need Long because it gives us "two" quality starting LTs along with Martin should one get injured. And you have one good backup with a developmental one. Same with Bush. He and Miller give us two quality starters should one go down to injury. You keep Hartline and Jennings gets injured and you basically have the same receiving corps that we had last year, that blew. No, you bring in Jennings "and" a 1st or 2nd round pick in order to have "two" quality starters should one go down to injury, you still have another #1 type to carry the torch. And you draft another speedy guy in the mid to late rounds to fill the role of #4 WR if the #4 moves up to #2 in the case of an injury.

Point is that you need "two" #1 types in an important position like LT, RB, and WR. This is also why I am of the school of thought that we should make Matt Moore the highest paid backup QB in the league. As insurance should Tannehill go down to injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't feel Starks is a "must bring back" because we have Odrick to move inside where we can re-sign McDaniel at a much cheaper contract to be Odrick's backup. And McDaniel can start in the case of an injury. We "need" to bring in a pass rusher to start opposite Wake should Wake go down to injuru, the high draft pick can start and Vernon can step in to his spot and the high draft assumes Wakes pass rusher role with Vernon playing opposite him. Yes. Smith is a "must re-sign" too. And so is drafting "two" CBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. For the same reasons I gave above.

Yeah I'm with the majority lol!
But seriously, for me it's only Starks, at this point I don't want to see any of the other guys back.

Back
Top Bottom