Which has been worse to watch? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which has been worse to watch?

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
What's been worse?

Watching the defenses we fielded in the late 80's early 90's who couldn't stop anybody or watching the offense in all 4 years of the 2k who've had trouble scoring?

Watching the offense in all 4 years of the 2k who've had trouble scoring.

At least when we had a great offense, the games were entertaining...now, even with a great defense, it can be painful to watch. Example..Miami-9, Ravens-6..

I'm gonna say the putrid defenses of the past. Watching Dan Marino play a game completely on fire, only to lose because of a poor surrounding cast was miserable. At least with this team, even though the offense can be frustrating at times, there is always the hope that they can put together one good drive and get a score if our defense keeps it close.

The Older Dolphin Fans Will Say The Defense And The Younger Fans Will Say The Offense

grooves12 said:
I'm gonna say the putrid defenses of the past. Watching Dan Marino play a game completely on fire, only to lose because of a poor surrounding cast was miserable. At least with this team, even though the offense can be frustrating at times, there is always the hope that they can put together one good drive and get a score if our defense keeps it close.

It can happen both ways. The defense can play a game completely on fire, only to lose because of a poor offense. Perfect example is the Patriot game at New England last year.

I guess it just depends on what you find more miserable to watch.

At least with the dominant offense, we could always come back no matter how much we trailed...that's not the case with this mediocre offense.

One thing to note is that when Miami had a great offense with a defense that wasn't that great, they still made 3 AFC Championships (84, 85 & 92)

Since Miami has become a team with a great defense and a mediocre offense, the Fins haven't made it to a single AFC title game.

Defense without a doubt, Danny's O would put up tons of points and have nothing to show for it....

Gladsadmad said:
Watching the offense in all 4 years of the 2k who've had trouble scoring.

At least when we had a great offense, the games were entertaining...now, even with a great defense, it can be painful to watch. Example..Miami-9, Ravens-6..

i don´t care how boring the game is as long as we get away with a W.... :)

D's of the 80's

It is a much more balanced league in today's game. Literally one play seperates a playoff team from 8-8 or 9-7. Example: Mare's missed FG vs. NE.

enigmatics said:
What's been worse?

Watching the defenses we fielded in the late 80's early 90's who couldn't stop anybody or watching the offense in all 4 years of the 2k who've had trouble scoring?
The last four for sure, at least when our defenses stunk you had the magic of Marino to watch in a high scoring exciting game.

Gladsadmad said:
One thing to note is that when Miami had a great offense with a defense that wasn't that great, they still made 3 AFC Championships (84, 85 & 92)

Since Miami has become a team with a great defense and a mediocre offense, the Fins haven't made it to a single AFC title game.
Thank you for pointing that out, and that is exactly my major argument about the coaching era of Jimmy and Wannstedt........sure our teams had major flaws before they came to town, but at least we got close to winning it all a few times.

They both have been completely embarrassed here when they have reached the playoffs.

TerryTate said:
Defense without a doubt, Danny's O would put up tons of points and have nothing to show for it....
No Offense here and I'm not trying to be condescending, but your 19 years old, You certainly can't remember Danny in his prime in the eighties, you might remember Danny post achilles injury time but I hardly think your qualified to even vote in this matter............just my opinion.

Dolphinizzle said:
Defense, and he stole my reasoning ;)
Again, like Terry Tate, your 19....You are only qualified to judge one of these era's as you didn't experience all of the other.:D

Back
Top Bottom