Which has been worse to watch? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which has been worse to watch?

Well, I`m 38 years old, and I can remember all the way back to the mid-70`s and I can easily say the toughest era to watch was `86-`89. We missed the playoffs four years in a row, had a 6-10 record and a couple 8-8 records and we couldn`t stop anybody. Marino was absolutely at the top of his game then (everybody talks about his record year of `84 when he threw for 48TDs and over 5,000 yards, but does anybody remember `86 when he threw for 44 TDs and over 4,700 yards? No, `cause we went 8-8). I think it was alot tougher to watch us lose 51-45, then 10-6, like it is now. The games back then were more fun to watch, because of all the scoring we did, but there were alot of shootouts that we were on the losing end of. Doesn`t matter much how we lose though....this team has cut 10 years off my life.

Gladsadmad said:
Watching the offense in all 4 years of the 2k who've had trouble scoring.

At least when we had a great offense, the games were entertaining...now, even with a great defense, it can be painful to watch. Example..Miami-9, Ravens-6..

I agree. I hate this o.

Al13 said:
i don´t care how boring the game is as long as we get away with a W.... :)

Yeah..I understand that...However, we don't always get away with a W..Many times over the last several years Miami has lost BECAUSE of the mediocre offense.

I was simply saying that watching them lose with no offense was more painful than watching them lose a shootout..that's all.

When Miami went to NY and lost 51-45 in 1986...I was disgusted, but at least I jumped out of my seat a dozen times..and nearly had a heart attack a few others. One thing I can say is that I never forgot those games. Miami's 12-0 loss to the Pats is completely forgettable.

LIQUID24 said:
There was nothing worse than not being able to stop anybody. Downright depressing. I felt bad for Dan.

This is true, but don't you feel equally as bad for Zach, Jason and Patrick these last few years? They are all potential hall-of-fame players too.

Goin` Deep said:
Well, I`m 38 years old, and I can remember all the way back to the mid-70`s and I can easily say the toughest era to watch was `86-`89. We missed the playoffs four years in a row, had a 6-10 record and a couple 8-8 records and we couldn`t stop anybody. Marino was absolutely at the top of his game then (everybody talks about his record year of `84 when he threw for 48TDs and over 5,000 yards, but does anybody remember `86 when he threw for 44 TDs and over 4,700 yards? No, `cause we went 8-8). I think it was alot tougher to watch us lose 51-45, then 10-6, like it is now. The games back then were more fun to watch, because of all the scoring we did, but there were alot of shootouts that we were on the losing end of. Doesn`t matter much how we lose though....this team has cut 10 years off my life.

But don't forget how many times Marino pulled out victories in those years because of our powerful offense. We were never out of the game. We don't have anything close to that capability these days. Once Miami is down by 10-14 points..it's practically over.

The putrid defense was so painful to watch. Miami would seemingly have games won only to watch the other team score at will. At least now we are in every game and we can have some hope that we can score and win (even if it is our defense that has to score). The most painful thing about watching the offense now not perform, however, is that they have all the talent to do well and just don't.

watching the defense suck.. Its always worse when your offense can put up so many points just to lose at the end because the defense couldnt stop the other team.

When the defense is horrid and the offense is good, time is your worst enemy.

Back
Top Bottom