Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying

Which major sports championship is most safisfying?

• Superbowl

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nba Championship

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • World Series

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • March Madness

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • College Football Championship

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other(golf, nascar, boxing, etc.)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
but thats because of the yanks redsox rivalry...if its the yanks and the...Orioles lets say for poops and giggles...how intense is it? whereas no matter who is playing, nhl playoffs are intense. basball players are some of the best athletes dont get me wrong, playing 7 days at some points in the season, but any one player can stand there an entire inning and do nothing(pitcher and catcher aside) pitchers get 4-5 days off...closers pitch 1 inning..........i dunno, call me a homer i guess, but nothing, except maybe soccer, compares to the stanley cup playoffs

World Cup... and it is not even close.

Not only does it only happen every 4 years, but you got the whole world watching, and the teams represent nations, not just cities but entire nations, and they put together the best players in the whole world. And it is a one game and you are out in a 2 month competition..... Nothing comes close to the world cup.

Very tough call.

I went with the Super Bowl (Lord Stanley in a close second)

Basically because in the NFL every reg. season game is extremely important for playoff existance (&/or positioning). In the NHL ... well ... half of the teams get in. In both leagues, the playoff action is intense. IMO none of the other choices compare for various reasons.

I love it when people who don't watch hockey or couldn't distinguish a hockey puck from their elbow make comments like this. :rolleyes:
well mr. "hockey man" I dont agree with the stanley cup being that important ethier, matter of fact I think hockey sucks! But you dont see me saying you dont know your hind end from a donkey testacle do ya?

This is a tough call:ninja:
I know that the happiest night of my life was October 27, 2002 when the Angels won the World Series.
As for each event there is plus and minues.
World Series, the great history and tradition over a century, dulled a bit by extended playoffs and a pair od questionable champions in the last 2 years.
Super Bowl the great football honor, only 40 years old and sort of corporatetized.
NCAA Tourney great tradition and accomplishment, but weak trophy and phony NCAA awarders.
Stanley Cup great tradition, the best trophy, and tough to get. The down is the NHL's devaluation.
World Cup, sure world championship, but weak trophy and it is all-star comepetition.
NBA Title, ah not that impressive.
The Masters, the green jacket, Agusta National, and the lifetime re-invitation there.

So after weighing it the Masters Title comes out on top as the most satifying:D

I still have to go with the Superbowl, even though the game is not always that great. I think March Madness is 2nd because you always have a lot of upsets, and I love watching college basketball all day. :tongue:

The REAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SPORT

clear.gif

US cant win in world championship atmosphere anymore.

Cant seem to win lately in Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, and Soccer.

This is a tough call:ninja:
I know that the happiest night of my life was October 27, 2002 when the Angels won the World Series.
As for each event there is plus and minues.
World Series, the great history and tradition over a century, dulled a bit by extended playoffs and a pair od questionable champions in the last 2 years.
Super Bowl the great football honor, only 40 years old and sort of corporatetized.
NCAA Tourney great tradition and accomplishment, but weak trophy and phony NCAA awarders.
Stanley Cup great tradition, the best trophy, and tough to get. The down is the NHL's devaluation.
World Cup, sure world championship, but weak trophy and it is all-star comepetition.
NBA Title, ah not that impressive.
The Masters, the green jacket, Agusta National, and the lifetime re-invitation there.

So after weighing it the Masters Title comes out on top as the most satifying:D

I dont think that most will find the masters satisfying. It seems to me the majority of the player on the tour grew up in the country club atmosphere and whine about everything. Also pretty much everyone is riding on the coat tails of one guy.
What with the weak trophy of the world cup. I bet its worth more then any other trophy if they were all auctioned off.

The Superbowl= Too random. Injuries and luck play too much of a part.

The NBA= Very satisfying because the season is so long and the playoffs are all 7 game series.

MLB= The best team at the right time wins. The best teams always do make the playoffs though..so that matters.

College Football= an absolute joke.

NCAA basketball= too random as well. The tournament is one and done..you don't always get the best team at the end.

NHL= An absolute war of attrition. The last team standing wins, or the last team with players that are alive wins.

So I say NHL #1..with the NBA second.

I agree with this post 110%

Just can't put NHL up there, but for the sole reason that I don't watch the sport.

I dont think that most will find the masters satisfying. It seems to me the majority of the player on the tour grew up in the country club atmosphere and whine about everything. Also pretty much everyone is riding on the coat tails of one guy.
What with the weak trophy of the world cup. I bet its worth more then any other trophy if they were all auctioned off.

I am a golfer, and yes a lot of PGA tour players whinw a lot, they actually whine less than most of the NCAA basketball coaches do(especially Jim Boehiem).
Maybe that Worl Cup trophy would fetch a lot of money, but it is shockingly small, with a stupid design.:goof: The so-called "World's Biggest Sporting Event" should have a much more majestic trophy than that.

I am a golfer, and yes a lot of PGA tour players whinw a lot, they actually whine less than most of the NCAA basketball coaches do(especially Jim Boehiem).
Maybe that Worl Cup trophy would fetch a lot of money, but it is shockingly small, with a stupid design.:goof: The so-called "World's Biggest Sporting Event" should have a much more majestic trophy than that.

Its shockingly small because its real solid 18k gold. You know how heavy that would be if it was bigger. Every other trophy is silver or gold plated not solid gold. What more majestic then a REAL GOLD TROPHY.

Nothing against golf. Its a tough mental game but sometimes I cant stand some of these arrogant golfers.

Back
Top Bottom