Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which of the major sports championship is most satisfying

Which major sports championship is most safisfying?

• Superbowl

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Stanley Cup

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Nba Championship

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • World Series

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • March Madness

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • College Football Championship

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • other(golf, nascar, boxing, etc.)

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
well mr. "hockey man" I dont agree with the stanley cup being that important ethier, matter of fact I think hockey sucks! But you dont see me saying you dont know your hind end from a donkey testacle do ya?

Hockey "sucks"?

How about a reasonable discussion instead of "it sucks", what are you ten years old?

I HATEEEEEEEEEEE the NBA with every fiber of my being, I'd rather watch professional lawn darts. That said, I NEVER insult the NBA or it's fans or the sport on this board. I don't do this because my not liking the sport is personal preference and I don't think bashing a sport for thre sake of doing so is a mature thing to do...

Hockey "sucks"?

How about a reasonable discussion instead of "it sucks", what are you ten years old?

I HATEEEEEEEEEEE the NBA with every fiber of my being, I'd rather watch professional lawn darts. That said, I NEVER insult the NBA or it's fans or the sport on this board. I don't do this because my not liking the sport is personal preference and I don't think bashing a sport for thre sake of doing so is a mature thing to do...
Whatever Canadian.....of course you like hockey. And my opinion isn't an insult.its my opinion. And I was simply retorting to another comment, calm down...dont get your "puck panties" in a bunch.

well mr. "hockey man" I dont agree with the stanley cup being that important ethier, matter of fact I think hockey sucks! But you dont see me saying you dont know your hind end from a donkey testacle do ya?

Say whatever you want, I don't care. My attitude is that if you think hockey sucks and you're more entertained by a bunch of dudes throwing a ball through a hoop over and over again- the same sport where if you so much as tap someone on the shoulder, it's considered a foul- than I feel bad that you've chosen such a weak sport to be a fan of, when there's a perfectly good sport in hockey- a sport 10 times more tough and physically demanding than basketball (and yes, I played hockey for 10 years, so I know of what I speak)- out there to be consumed. My condolences on your crappy choice. :tongue:

Say whatever you want, I don't care. My attitude is that if you think hockey sucks and you're more entertained by a bunch of dudes throwing a ball through a hoop over and over again- the same sport where if you so much as tap someone on the shoulder, it's considered a foul- than I feel bad that you've chosen such a weak sport to be a fan of, when there's a perfectly good sport in hockey- a sport 10 times more tough and physically demanding than basketball (and yes, I played hockey for 10 years, so I know of what I speak)- out there to be consumed. My condolences on your crappy choice. :tongue:
well, then we agree to disagree, and leave it at that.

Whatever Canadian.....of course you like hockey. And my opinion isn't an insult.its my opinion. And I was simply retorting to another comment, calm down...dont get your "puck panties" in a bunch.

I'm wondering if that snide "whatever Canadian" comment was meant to be an insult or not. Whatever...

When you say "hockey sucks" I take it as an insult, especially coming from someone who has probably never seen a live NHL game in his life.

My "puck panties" aren't in a bunch, I don't get agitated by people that sling insults on the internet, especially an uneducated insult. It was a good attempt though...

Preconceived notions are WEAK.

I'm wondering if that snide "whatever Canadian" comment was meant to be an insult or not. Whatever...

When you say "hockey sucks" I take it as an insult, especially coming from someone who has probably never seen a live NHL game in his life.

My "puck panties" aren't in a bunch, I don't get agitated by people that sling insults on the internet, especially an uneducated insult. It was a good attempt though...

Preconceived notions are WEAK.
I have not nor will I ever have any desire to go to a hockey game. I simply don't find it an entertaining sport, but I feel the same way about soccer. I never once have said that people that like these sports are "stupid" or anything of the like, so feeling insulted is by your own doing, I simply speak my mind. thats the beauty of these places my friend, we can do that. And on the internet comment that you made...if I met you I would tell you hockey sucks.....would you hit me? Why? because I don't like something you do? How dare you say anything about uneducated to me. I save my insulting for the depths, I was merely standing up for another posters right to his opinion without another poster ridiculing him. And yes..the Canadian mark was a bash...but an unwarrented one, I take it back.

Hockey like Baseball you have to go to the game to enjoy. But I rather go to hockey game then baseball.

well the championship any of my teams have won is north carolina a few years back so i guess i gotta go ncaa

edit: for not being very popular ncaa world series of baseball is pretty intense, if you like mlb you would like that also..

Last year Ryan Smyth got hit in the head with a puck and finished the game. I think it's hockey or the tournament. Generally I think series rather than one game are more intense.

World Cup without a question. Only one where you can actually say that you are World Champions and you actually are because you beat all the greatest players in the world.

To me this is a NO BRAINER its the World Series

1) 162 games you gotta be good from April-September. You can't backdoor your way into any playoff spot!!!

2) In the playoffs you won't face any team that is at.500 or under .500 in the 1st round. You will be playing quality in the playoffs all the way through. (unlike NBA and NFL)

3) 3 rounds of playoffs vs all good teams

4) 5 gamd and 7 game series in the playoffs and no one player can carry you to a championship (ala football with a great QB or NBA/NCAA with 1 great player). It's the true "TEAM" sport.

Here is why the other ones are wrong...

NHL/NBA everyone makes the playoffs. Bad teams get in

NFL has the 1st round bye's ruin their playoffs a bit. Too much of an advantage to the good teams

BCS is too subjective

March Madness is a lot of luck (seeding, draw, where games are played) and about getting hot at the right 3 weeks.

To me this is a NO BRAINER its the World Series

1) 162 games you gotta be good from April-September. You can't backdoor your way into any playoff spot!!!

2) In the playoffs you won't face any team that is at.500 or under .500 in the 1st round. You will be playing quality in the playoffs all the way through. (unlike NBA and NFL)

3) 3 rounds of playoffs vs all good teams

4) 5 gamd and 7 game series in the playoffs and no one player can carry you to a championship (ala football with a great QB or NBA/NCAA with 1 great player). It's the true "TEAM" sport.

Wow. We agree. For me, the main criterion is the first one. In baseball, only 13.3% of the teams get into the playoffs. In the NBA and NHL, more than half do, and in the NFL, it's 37.5%. Obviously, college football is totally subjective as to who plays in the game, and in college basketball, though I love love LOVE the tournament, there are still 65 teams who get a shot. Just getting to the playoffs in baseball is a huge accomplishment.

And I still think the World Series carries the most prestige. There's nothing else going on in sports in October, and though tons of people say they think baseball is boring, everyone's attention is undivided on it that time of year. The Super Bowl may be the bigger event, but the game itself has taken a step behind the hoopla - the commercials, the halftime show, the glitz and glamor.

Back
Top Bottom