"White Nation"? Matthews in trouble. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"White Nation"? Matthews in trouble.

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Facebook group lands Matthews in hot water[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...USC LB Clay Matthews reportedly created a Facebook group, "White Nation" and showed a graphic of a black baby in handcuffs, which featured a graphic with the caption "arrest black babies before they become criminals" ...Teammates David Buehler, Brian Cushing, Dan Deckas and Dallas Sartz joined the group...An athletic department source said the group was a joke and had no serious purpose. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dailytrojan.com
[/FONT]

While this is possible, I wouldn't trust anything related to the internet, especially when it includes a guy's draft status.

This has already been talked about, it was a joke from what I understand, lets move on.

For a guy that already has a cloud over him...one year experience...and now this...sure doesn't show either maturity or intelligence....joke or not.

For a guy that already has a cloud over him...one year experience...and now this...sure doesn't show either maturity or intelligence....joke or not.

Thats what I was thinking. Matthews does'nt seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Many of the black players on the team (most notably Sederick Ellis) have defended him on this. It was a joke. Honestly, I thought that this issue had already been dealt with. This seems like a pre-draft piece where someone is trying to hurt his stock so he will fall to their pick. The timing is just too coincidental.

Many of the black players on the team (most notably Sederick Ellis) have defended him on this. It was a joke. Honestly, I thought that this issue had already been dealt with. This seems like a pre-draft piece where someone is trying to hurt his stock so he will fall to their pick. The timing is just too coincidental.

completely agree - it was about 2 yrs ago i think?? and has been widely accepted that it was a joke.

the issue will be whether teams questioned them on it in detail in interviews (im betting it got some attention at least) - and how well they were able to respond.

Well if you read the article...it comes from USC itself. Maybe Pete is trying to get back at him?

Well if you read the article...it comes from USC itself. Maybe Pete is trying to get back at him?

get him back? it's a 2 yr old article.

it was stupid no doubt, but he's had a while to mature since then and if that's the latest thing they have on him, maybe he has.

...not that I want the Phins to draft him anyway, unless this can cause him to drop to round 2.

the earth is not the center of the universe. that is how old this news is!!!!! besides, his 4.4 time interests me more than a ''white nation'' joke website. point is lets be grown ups. if his black teammates started a black power site, serious or not, not one word would be uttered about it.

Back
Top Bottom