Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who are the Elite Players in this Draft (2013)

I have two tiers of prospects for the "elite" category. The first is the sure-fire elite prospects that consist of...

Barkevious Mingo-LSU, Jarvis Jones-Georgia, Keenan Allen-California, Matt Barkley-USC, Star Lotulelei-Utah, Robert Woods-USC, Barrett Jones & Chance Warmack-Alabama

The second group is those on the verge and very close to being elite and that lis consist of..

Justin Hunter-Tennessee, Sam Montgomery-LSU, Logan Thomas-VT, Tyler Wilson-Ark, Jonathan Hankins-Ohio State, David Amerson-NC State, Tyler Eifert-Notre Dame, TJ McDonald-USC

The two players I find intriguing are Bjoern Werner-Florida State and Jackson Jeffcoat-Texas. Werner is 28 years old I believe but his game reminds me of JJ Watt a bit. Jeffcoat is an amazing athlete but needs more production.

For my $ Barkevious Mingo is the best player in the draft. A blend between Demarcus Ware and Aldon Smith. He is long, strong, quick first step, violent hands, and is strong against the run as well. He has a non-stop motor and pursues to the ball very well. He gives maximum effort on every plays and he just keeps coming. Mingo and Mr. Lotulelei are the only two players I'd be okay with us selecting that wasn't Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, or Justin Hunter...

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

He was eligible for the 2012 draft but decided to return to Clemson. I have him graded as a 3rd round prospect for 2013..

I agree with CK. Marqise Lee-USC is the best WR in the country right now and one of the 3 ELITE prospects for the 2014 draft with Sammy Watkins-Clemson & Jadaveon Clowney-South Carolina being the other two.

Soliai and Lotulelei in the middle would be very dominant. Both would command Double Teams, opening up the defense to attack the edges. I've seen Both of Lotulelei's games so far in 2012 and can see this kid is a legit force in the mold of Ngata and Suh. For a man that is in the 325-335lb range, he is built very lean and not sloppy. I'd be ecstatic with Miami picking him in the top 3-5 picks. CBSports.com com has Miami selecting Star at #2 in their 2013 mock draft.

Soliai and Lotulelei in the middle would be very dominant. Both would command Double Teams, opening up the defense to attack the edges. I've seen Both of Lotulelei's games so far in 2012 and can see this kid is a legit force in the mold of Ngata and Suh. For a man that is in the 325-335lb range, he is built very lean and not sloppy. I'd be ecstatic with Miami picking him in the top 3-5 picks. CBSports.com com has Miami selecting Star at #2 in their 2013 mock draft.
Great player. I like Mingo/Werner as better fits for what we need though. However if we let Starks walk...he could be a definite option

I've got Matt Barkley, Logan Thomas, Bjoern Werner, Keenan Allen, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Shayne Skov and Sean Porter. Most would have Barkevious Mingo in there. I didn't see his first game yet. There's also a possibility of Justin Hunter getting in there, provided he stays healthy this year (big deal). When all is said and done there's a possibility Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom is in there as well. I keep thinking David Amerson's going to be a safety. Most would have Chance Warmack as an elite. I think James Gayle and/or Dion Jordan could/should very well end up there.

You like Logan Thomas that much? I'll readily admit I don't watch very much college football, but I did see the game vs. Georgia Tech last week. Based off that game in a vacuum I would never have guessed him to be an elite prospect. Is it his size that intrigues you?

You like Logan Thomas that much? I'll readily admit I don't watch very much college football, but I did see the game vs. Georgia Tech last week. Based off that game in a vacuum I would never have guessed him to be an elite prospect. Is it his size that intrigues you?

That would be the primary problem with that analysis. Eschewing his full body or work for just one game against a tough conference opponent, especially the first game in a year where he just lost his two starting receivers, is not exactly a good practice. There's more to him than just physical ability. He's a gamer, which he showed at the end of that Georgia Tech game, and normally he's pretty accurate.

Thomas did not have a ton help vs. GT, but what I liked is he kept grinding and grinding and found a way to win. Love the upside.

At this point in the season there's only four elite players that are draft eligible: Matt Barkley, Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, & Star Lotulelei.

The next tier of players are early first rounders but I wouldn't consider elite just yet: Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, Chance Warmack, Sam Montgomery, Bjoern Werner, Johnathan Hankins, & Manti Te'o.

Lastly are the potential players who need to get through the season & progress to show they're elite like some think they are: Logan Thomas & Dee Milliner.

Fallen off the border elite train: David Amerson.

As a huge fsu fan and someone who follows the team very closely...Werner is a straight beast. That kid just knows how to play football. Plays the run just as good as he plays the pass and hes going to show this year that hes a better pass rusher than he was last year. Logan Thomas is no where near an elite prospect, I dont see how anyone could think hes elite and im not basing this off the first game. He might have elite measurables but theres alot more to playing qb than measurables and hes just not there yet. Maybe at the end of the season he will get there but hes not a master of the qb position yet like a Andrew Luck, or Matt Barkley. To be elite you need a combo of measurables and intangibles and while the kid is a gamer hes not developed enough yet as a QB.

SMadison29- you used to post on the ESPN Miami Dolphins Board?

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Still a hater Chris. Unreal you haven't been able to move on.

Back
Top Bottom