Who can make the biggest impact on the D front 7? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who can make the biggest impact on the D front 7?

I say we trade ronnie to the texans for the first pick along with our first rounder then pick up Leinert and put him in at LB then we're superbowl bound for sure.

maralieus said:
I say we trade ronnie to the texans for the first pick along with our first rounder then pick up Leinert and put him in at LB then we're superbowl bound for sure.

Im glad you added the move him to LB, because I was going to pull my hair out. Some people on here would consider the trade Ronnie and our first for the Texans pick. Never once taking into consideration the salary cap ramifications.

bunkley and ngata will be gone by our pick so that rules out dt. the choices are de/olb. lawson, greenway, wimbley, sims. one of those 4. you want a lot of sacks you take lawson/wimbley. that gives you your terrel suggs, merriman, mcginest player. you want an olb who can cover te n rb and is solid against the run thats greenway and sims is a hardhitting olb great against the run. one of those 4 guys helps immediately.

D-Tackle. Bunkley or Ngata are the 2 guys that I'd like to see drop to us draft day. Having a dominant 34 DT is the key to being able to run Saban's system fat full juice. It also allows you the ability to switch packages on the field and really disguise the blitzing.

Butch said:
Ernie Sims, LB FL ST would make an impact at Weak Side. He's like Crowder but faster. That's who I hope we take, if not Jimmie Williams, CB V-Tech.

He's a 4-3 linebacker. We're a 3-4 team, at least in terms of philosphy regarding how big the LBs need to be. It's not a match.

Bobby Carpenter is the LB who can make the fastest contribution because Miami is looking for a strongside LB to play opposite JT who can do everything Carpenter can do. Lawson can't cover well enough. I doubt Wimbley can either.

I side with those who believe Ngata would be the better fit at DT, but I don't expect either of the two big guys to be available.

Back
Top Bottom