Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

im expecting cb/safety/guard

i sense that miami is comfortable with the linebackers in place...for better or worse

I tend to agree about the LB spot. Unless they absolutely love a guy I think we are targeting a LG or FS first. They could add a LB in fifth for depth/ST purposes.

Although I think the Fins will target Dorian Johnson...

Here are my 2nd round favorites:

Malik McDowell
Chidobe Awuzie
Budda Baker
Dorian Johnson
Taylor Moton
Dion Dawkins.

Not to rain on your parade guys but stop thinking guard in round 2. Yes I'd like for them to draft a guard but that doesn't seem to be what the FO wants to do. Think corner who can play the slot and DT and FS. This FO wants defense and thought many times I don't agree with them, it's hard to argue that we need defense. Now if a top guy that's very high on their board was to fall they could go o-line but there's only two guys they would draft at 54 as far as oline and both(Lamp and Cam) should be long gone before our pick. I have reason to believe they will not go oline at all tonight. Maybe one in round 5. The only other position on offense they would probably consider is TE at 54 or 97 but they want defense

Ozzy rules!!

Not to rain on your parade guys but stop thinking guard in round 2. Yes I'd like for them to draft a guard but that doesn't seem to be what the FO wants to do. Think corner who can play the slot and DT and FS. This FO wants defense and thought many times I don't agree with them, it's hard to argue that we need defense. Now if a top guy that's very high on their board was to fall they could go o-line but there's only two guys they would draft at 54 as far as oline and both(Lamp and Cam) should be long gone before our pick. I have reason to believe they will not go oline at all tonight. Maybe one in round 5. The only other position on offense they would probably consider is TE at 54 or 97 but they want defense

Ozzy rules!!

I agree. A guard can be had later. They need to get the defense up to par quickly. It would be a shame to not take advantage of all the deep defensive talent. Obi at safety would be interesting since he has position flexibility. He can line up over a slot WR as well as play FS. I want as many explosive players as possible.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I'm on board. Saw Pouncey this morning at training camp and he looks like he is in hell. Walking on crutches, wincing, and a very discouraging look on his face. We need another option at Center if he can't go.

That'll likely be Larsen.

Ozzy rules!!

Gase and the FO have been very transparent about the draft. In one interview, Gase said with increased familarity with the offense, there will be improved play from Bushrod and the OL. I disagree and I would love Feeney leading the way for Ajayi, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. They are zeroing in on the secondary with the next pick :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jET5346laIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Gase and the FO have been very transparent about the draft. In one interview, Gase said with increased familarity with the offense, there will be improved play from Bushrod and the OL. I disagree and I would love Feeney leading the way for Ajai, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. They are zeroing in on the secondary with the next pick :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jET5346laIA

yes they are and the like Cordrea Tankersley to play the slot

Ozzy rules!!

Armando said the Fins really like a WIDE RECEIVER in round 3 :lol:

This board is going to turn into UC Berkeley if that happens.

Lots of really good safeties still available. I love Baker, but he might not be big enough for Miami. Jones is another safety I like for that #54 spot. A run on safeties should start pretty early in round two.

I tend to agree with those who think linebacker as a late round pick. That just fits the Dolphins MO. Plus, they have brought in a lot of late round type linebackers.

Got to believe it's a safety or offensive lineman at #54. I don't think the team really believes they can get by with Larson and Bushrod.

people here don't like Budda Baker? He may not be tall, but he's good. I would either go with Cunningham or Baker with the 2nd rounder. Shore up the defense first.

Back
Top Bottom