Who is the Fins 2nd best player of all time? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the Fins 2nd best player of all time?

I would have to go with JT. I wasnt alive for the other greats. ZT is my 2nd favorite though.

I have nothing against Sam Madison, but Patrick Surtain was the better all around CB and he doesn't crack the top ten Dolphins of all time.

I'm going with Jason Taylor, best defensive player we've ever had. I can only imagine what he could do in a more creative scheme like what Nick Saban ran compared to the Vanilla crap Jim Bates ran for years.
He was DPOY in Sabans scheme

NOPE. MARINO was his own worst enemy. No one could throw the rock like DAN. But you could always tell when a run was coming, just look at the frown/pouty lips on his face. And SHULA, never seeing a talent like that before, just let MARINO fling it all over the place. GREATEST PASSER OF ALL TIME! Not one of my favorite DOLPHINS. I know I'll get blasted but, its how I saw it.

The offense's job is to score points. Marino led the team to points. How is irrelevant. The issue with those teams was defense. They had none.

Do you remember having an effective running game during his career? The entire defense setup to stop the pass and they still couldn't run the ball effectively.
Nope. OK, this will get me in hot water but here it goes; DAN MARINO was the JARVIS LANDRY of QB's. Incredible stats that didn't translate to championships. I was always the ground-n-pound kinda guy. The MARINO & FOUTS led air attacks just didn't seem like a consistent way to win championships. Just like SHULA though, I was hoping the most incredible passer of all time could elevate those teams to championships. MARINO just never had that late in the career "help" that ELWAY 'received & accepted'. I just don't think MARINO ever thought a running was a better option that him throwing darts all over the field. JMO of course.

Nope. OK, this will get me in hot water but here it goes; DAN MARINO was the JARVIS LANDRY of QB's. Incredible stats that didn't translate to championships. I was always the ground-n-pound kinda guy. The MARINO & FOUTS led air attacks just didn't seem like a consistent way to win championships. Just like SHULA though, I was hoping the most incredible passer of all time could elevate those teams to championships. MARINO just never had that late in the career "help" that ELWAY 'received & accepted'. I just don't think MARINO ever thought a running was a better option that him throwing darts all over the field. JMO of course.

The problem was defense, not offense.

I am a bit surprised at the love for Csonka here. I was pretty young then, but as a kid, what I remember was that Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield turned traitor on Miami and signed with the WFL. It destroyed that Dolphin team, in an era where players rarely changed teams and dynasties could be built. If that team had stayed together in the 70's who knows how many more Super Bowls we'd have. ....

As much as I loved those three, the offense wasn't really the issue after they left....it was the defense, aging, injured and unable to replace the genius of Bill Arnsparger, that was the reason we stopped contending.

Warfield was in a league of his own during his prime. Better than Rice and any WR to ever play the game. There was nobody like him before him, nor has there been any like him after.

I think the saying,"poetry in motion," was started by somebody watching Paul Warfield perform. Michael Jordan could only dream of having the kind of coordination and perfection of movement that Paul had.

You had to watch him play, bro. He was like a stronger armed Chad Pennington with even more intelligence and command. The guy called all his own plays. He was nicknamed "the surgeon" and "the professor" for a reason.
I’m talking about the Marino comment, it was well know Marino was special before the latter part of his career

That's really funny you mention him. Every day when my son is getting ready for school, I say "Put on your jacket..Nate"
This is weird because Jacquet hasn't played for the Fins since 1999 and my son's name is Connor.

He was such a random player. Always seemed like he had potential, but never really amounted to much. I think it was just the #19 that made him stand out in an era where Keyshawn Johnson was like the only non-#80 WRs.

I hate to break it to you...but Larry Csonka is far more legendary that Jason Taylor...a Super Bowl MVP and all time legend at his position...apples and oranges

Back
Top Bottom