Who is this talented Wr- Chris Hogan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is this talented Wr- Chris Hogan?

When I watch teams play the pats it almost looks like they are throwing the game. I watch Hogan line up uncovered and runs across the field and no one picks him up. He's not doing anything special. I don't see him beating press coverage at the line or putting double moves.
He couldn't make half the rosters in the NFL.

Oh please. Everybody that goes to New England automatically becomes a star? The Dolphins dropped the ball on this kid just like they have done over and over again.

Oh please. Everybody that goes to New England automatically becomes a star? The Dolphins dropped the ball on this kid just like they have done over and over again.

How can you disagree? Hogan didn't do **** in years prior, now he sets a Patriots record for receiving yards in a playoff game? No one would've known that would happen.

How can you disagree? Hogan didn't do **** in years prior, now he sets a Patriots record for receiving yards in a playoff game? No one would've known that would happen.

Don't forget he was #1 in the NFL in yards per catch as well.

People only dismiss it b/c they don't get it. And I called that Hogan would light it up for NE in May.

Find something better to do with your Sunday night on February 5th. The NFL should not be rewarded for garbage like this. Hogan was left open on pretty much every one of his receptions . How can a professional NFL defense let the same player get that wide open so many times in one game. Almost smells like the fix was in from the start. Congrats to Michael Floyd after breaking the law and luckily not getting himself kilied or killing anyone else while driving around ish faced drunk on more than one occasion. He gets rewarded with a trip to the Superbowl. Yay NFL, hooray Belichick, go Patriots. The world is so excited to see you in another Superbowl. Sad to say but IMO the NFL has jumped the shark.

Now it's just bitterness and a neglect of respect.

But I also have to understand I'm on a Dolphins board. Meh.

People's bias clouds them from watching a phenomenal coach. For the younger crowd just think how incredible it would have been to watch Michael Jordan or Dan Marino in their prime. This is what you're missing out on when you are passing over the opportunity to watch the greatest coach ever.

You're talking about Miami's defense, right?

Would think that Keith Butler & Mike Tomlin wouldn't aspire to emulate the quality of the 2016 Dolphins defense but they did an awesome job of that tonight. The Dolphins defense had a everyone playing in a new system, special teams players starting at two LB spots for much of the season. Some guy starting at safety who went weeks sitting at home before the Dolphins came calling. The Steelers did have some rookies on defense but that doesn't excuse them from making Chris Hogan look like Julio Jones or AJ Green. Chris Hogan 9 catches 180 yards = 20 ypc & 2 TDs. Chris Hogan may be very athletic but the Steelers made him look like a perennial ALL Pro tonight.

Did anyone notice his eyes? He looked like he was on speed

Don't forget he was #1 in the NFL in yards per catch as well.

People only dismiss it b/c they don't get it. And I called that Hogan would light it up for NE in May.

People dismiss it b/c he wouldn't be doing these things in Miami. The only reason anyone cares about Hogan is b/c he was a Dolphin for a short time. You said he'd light it up for NE in May. I say that has everything to do with Tom Brady.

Then something is wrong with our roster choices.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Remove the biases people. Hogan is an exceptional athlete.

Watch the tape. Pittsburgh IGNORED him in the 1st half. He was uncovered much of the time. Read my post and show me where he beat press coverage or beat someone with a double move. He's a good player (as is anyone who makes an NFL roster), but he would have trouble making the roster of 1/2 the teams in the NFL.
New England runs a scheme that obviously confuses defenses. After the snap their WRs come off the line and I see a bunch of flat footed DBs watching them run by. He's a system player, as was Welker and Edelman. Smart players who know their roles.
Are you trying to convince us that Hogan is an elite WR and would put him up against Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Sammie, AJ Green etc. Because that is what your post suggests.

Watch the tape. Pittsburgh IGNORED him in the 1st half. He was uncovered much of the time. Read my post and show me where he beat press coverage or beat someone with a double move. He's a good player (as is anyone who makes an NFL roster), but he would have trouble making the roster of 1/2 the teams in the NFL.
New England runs a scheme that obviously confuses defenses. After the snap their WRs come off the line and I see a bunch of flat footed DBs watching them run by. He's a system player, as was Welker and Edelman. Smart players who know their roles.
Are you trying to convince us that Hogan is an elite WR and would put him up against Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Sammie, AJ Green etc. Because that is what your post suggests.

Edit: Forgot that Vine is no longer an available service and I haven't download or set up anything else for posting clips. Enjoy your take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom