who is this years Egnew? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who is this years Egnew?

Jamar Taylor is definitely a little girl on twitter. I have never seen a professional athlete act like that in my life, it's pathetic and embarrassing

You can correct me if I am wrong but it appears you have never worked close with or been around professional athletes before (especially right after being drafted) because though I work in a different sport athletes can be babies when introduced into the grind that is being a professional athlete for the first time.

I have seen the whole spectrum of emotions from excited and energetic to sad and homesick it happens alot more then you think, he (Taylor) just happened to say it on twitter.

You can correct me if I am wrong but it appears you have never worked close with or been around professional athletes before (especially right after being drafted) because though I work in a different sport athletes can be babies when introduced into the grind that is being a professional athlete for the first time.

I have seen the whole spectrum of emotions from excited and energetic to sad and homesick it happens alot more then you think, he (Taylor) just happened to say it on twitter.

Right, which really shines a light on the big takeaway from Taylor's whining on Twitter, which is that if you put things out there for public consumption they are fair game and subject to criticism.

Being away from home for college, college practice and attending classes( well if he went) should have been more then enough to prepare him for the NFL grind. Especially under the new CBA college coaches are allowed to beat on players way more then their NFL counterparts.

Being away from home for college, college practice and attending classes( well if he went) should have been more then enough to prepare him for the NFL grind. Especially under the new CBA college coaches are allowed to beat on players way more then their NFL counterparts.

Not necessarily, big time college football players ARE NOT like the average college student gaining real world knowledge in college. These guys have the infrastructure in college to be successful as everything is controlled for you. Most if not all these guys are scholarship guys and never had a job, had a student tutor, an adviser sign them up for classes/manage money (tuition, books etc) and never had any responsibility (bills, work/school balance etc) not to mention took 100 level courses for 3 years never going towards any kind of real major (not in all cases each team has kids who are students first).

Now you have to do everything on your own (Philbin isnt a babysitter like the college HC's, he tells you what he expects and it is up to YOU to do it there is no support system you are an ADULT now lol) , they handed you an ipad on the first day and said here is the schedule no one is there to motivate its all on you. Not to mention they have the big money now and they pay taxes and have bills for the first time there are a lot of new responsibilities plus the expectations of (especially in the NFL) to perform. There is no carrying a clipboard for a year, if you are a top 2 or 3 round guy you are expected to contribute ASAP and that pressure can be overwhelming. And on top of it add that you are injured and cant do anything it just lets you sit in you head all day and that can be scary when you are on your own for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom