Who is YOUR cant miss guy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is YOUR cant miss guy?

I know this is going to be an unpopular one because of the position he plays, but my answer is OJ Howard.

I think he is going to be a perennial All-Pro.

I think that combination of athleticism and willingness to block hard (and well) is something that just doesn't come around very often, and I also think TE is an undervalued position.

I can accept this...almost like drafting a tackle/FB that can threaten the seam.

I wouldn't be super mad as I would if we drafted someone like Zay Jones....

I know this is going to be an unpopular one because of the position he plays, but my answer is OJ Howard.

I think he is going to be a perennial All-Pro.

I think that combination of athleticism and willingness to block hard (and well) is something that just doesn't come around very often, and I also think TE is an undervalued position.

I think Njoku is better and that would be my answer

TJ Watt, OJ Howard, Malik Hooker, Forrest Lamp, Sidney Jones (after he heals).

I realize that's 5 guys, but those guys are all dominant players who blossom in the NFL. I simply cannot see any of them not succeeding. They have the upside, the work ethic, the developmental profile, and the desire to be great.

After looking at all of the pass rushers, the only one who I am convinced will definitely be great is Watt. While there are others with as high or even higher ceilings, none that have the same basic football talent and instincts. Kid is just purely natural at pass rush, tackling, processing information instantaneously, working through trash, sniffing out lanes, staying on his feet ... all the football stuff. Size and athletics are drool-worthy too.

Howard is a hidden gem. Kid is incredible. Honestly, I really like Bucky Hodges too, but while Hodges is all potential and inconsistency, Howard is already rock solid as a pass protector, run blocker, seam threat, reliable catcher, and solid route runner. Simply a 3 down guy who adds value regardless of the play call.

MH just makes my brain explode. This guy plays so fast on film, I thought he would test even better than he did. His range is insane. His ball skills are phenomenal. I have him as the highest ceiling player in this draft. He could be the next Ed Reed if it translates to the NFL. To me, he is in a class by himself among these safeties.

Lamp looks like Zack Martin. He has great athletics, balance, knee bend, and technique. Lamp plays with a lot of power and his bench press numbers back that up. The kid is a smooth athlete who shouldn't have any trouble in pass pro inside and can probably kick outside in a pinch and be more effective than most analysts think. True 5 position player, but potential All-Pro at guard. He seems like the only sure-fire OL pick.

Sidney Jones is a player that I just cannot say enough good things about. He looks like a bigger, longer, better version of Marcus Peters without the baggage. Anyone questioning his durability or tackling should watch his tape. The kid is a willing and competent tackler with surprisingly good durability. Yes, he had a freak non-contact injury that will sideline him as a rookie, but this guy can take a hit and isn't shy about delivering one. Great coverage skills and tremendous ball skills. He screams perfect pick for our system.

If we draft any of these 5 guys I'll be super-excited. The goal in the draft is to get good players and build a team around their talent. These 5 guys are those sure-fire excellent talents, IMHO.

LAMP. He is the closed thing to a sure pick at 22. He will come and immediately be a starter. There is not a safety, LB or DE who will that productive immediately. As posters have stated: "he will help the offense and defense". If we are going to send our TE Thomas out on seam patterns, we will need a much better Offensive line to make sure we keep Tannehill upright. I can't envision another player who will be more impactful for this upcoming season.

1st Rd RB's are usually a can't miss. See E. Elliott, T. Gurley, T. Richardson, M. Ingram and even L Bell the second pick in Rd 2.

1st Rd RB's are usually a can't miss. See E. Elliott, T. Gurley, T. Richardson, M. Ingram and even L Bell the second pick in Rd 2.

white-guy-blinking-meme-gif.gif

And now for something completely different: Vince Biegel.

I seriously doubt that Biegel is drafted as an edge defender. A lot of outlets categorize him as an edge because he played OLB in a base 3-4, but he is an obvious Mike or Sam in my opinion.

The Dolphins could project Biegel as either and get the steal of this year's draft by drafting Vince with our 3rd round comp. He may even be there in the fifth round because of the medicals on his foot.

He isn't a day 1 starter IMO, but come year two, I think he will be a quality starter for another 10 years.

If the Dolphins were again, this year,were the recipients of some extremely talented guys falling in the draft, it would be justice. If we drafted both Biegel and Dylan Cole in the 5th round, that would be all the LB help we needed. I would be ecstatic.http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.c...2/rapids-graduate-braced-nfl-draft/100716952/

It's all a gamble.

I like TJ Watt for the Dolphins. I think he would be a great pick for Miami. Reminds me of a Clay Matthews/Tom Vrabel combo. Smart, instinctive, athletic, motivated. Coming into his own.

On an over rated team with very few stars, I would still be willing to take Jabrill Peppers. I'm not worried about the diluted test. Jim Harbaugh knows more football than all of us combined.

You don't want Joe Mixon in the AFC East unless he's wearing a Dolphin jersey...

1st round- Lamp, Hooker, Howard, and Garrett.
2nd round types- Feeney, McMillian, Bowser, and Jarrad Davis

Back
Top Bottom