Who should win College Coach of the Year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should win College Coach of the Year?

DonShula84 said:
I think Joe Pa or Weis win it because of the schools they coach at and the national attention both programs get. I know very little about UCF to be honest so I cant really comment. Wouldnt mind seeing O'Leary win it though after the ND fiasco he went through.

Your right about that... Its all about the national attention.

Most people dont really know much about UCF...

However, I am hoping that some of the national media picks up on the story so UCF and O'Leary can start getting some press...

Nasty said:
Your right about that... Its all about the national attention.

Most people dont really know much about UCF...

However, I am hoping that some of the national media picks up on the story so UCF and O'Leary can start getting some press...
The problem is..is that happens in EVERY sport so O'Leary has no real chance at it. I personally think he should win it, but no way he does.

Paterno. They weren't supposed to win 4 games this year in an extremely tough conference.

Everyone expected JoePa to be good this year? LMAO!

Show me an article from the beginning of the year where SOMEONE predicted Penn State to win the Big10.

Other than me, I cant recall any. Everyone picked Michigan and OSU to run away with the Big10 with PSU no higher than 5th in the Big10.

O'Leary had a GREAT turnaround, but as said before, its STILL UCF. Until they play in a power conference it wont count as much as PSU's turnaround.

well i guess i used common sense to predict they'd be good. their defense was CLEARLY going to be one of the best

How about a coach who had pressure equivelant to the WHOLE WORLD on his shoulders because of the HUGE shoes he had to fill.
He was kind of in the situation Jay Fiedler was in replacing Dan Marino as the Fins QB.

A coach who had to bring his team across the United States in what should have been a home game but wasn't because of the worst natural disaster in the history of the country. They won, in a hostile crowd.

A coach who had to make a brand new coaching staff gel, while at the same time scrambling all around to make games up and playing games on a friggin Monday because of hurricanes.

A coach who has gone 10-1 and is now going to the SEC championship.

I'm NOT saying he should win Coach of the Year, but Les Miles should definitely get some props.

Karl Dorrell from UCLA should get some consideration also. Especially if they manage to knock off USC.

DolphinDevil28 said:
How about a coach who had pressure equivelant to the WHOLE WORLD on his shoulders because of the HUGE shoes he had to fill.
He was kind of in the situation Jay Fiedler was in replacing Dan Marino as the Fins QB.

A coach who had to bring his team across the United States in what should have been a home game but wasn't because of the worst natural disaster in the history of the country. They won, in a hostile crowd.

A coach who had to make a brand new coaching staff gel, while at the same time scrambling all around to make games up and playing games on a friggin Monday because of hurricanes.

A coach who has gone 10-1 and is now going to the SEC championship.

I'm NOT saying he should win Coach of the Year, but Les Miles should definitely get some props.

your right... he definatly should get some props... doesnt deserve to win it... but should get some props...

You can make an arguement for just about anyone of the afore mentioned coaches.

I have to say turning a winless team into a conference competitor, granted not a "top" conference, but that is the most impressive bit of coaching in this season IMO... Oleary

Oboy said:
You can make an arguement for just about anyone of the afore mentioned coaches.

I have to say turning a winless team into a conference competitor, granted not a "top" conference, but that is the most impressive bit of coaching in this season IMO... Oleary

good call... ;):lol:

Back
Top Bottom