Who will be the Raiders' HC? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the Raiders' HC?

Who will be the Raiders' next Head Coach?

• Jim Fassel

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Ken Whisenhunt

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Art Shell

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • John Shoop

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Since it looks like the Raiders will be getting a new head coach, just for fun, who do you think crazy Al will hire? So far the only real candidates I have heard for the job are Whisenhunt and Shell. Also, PFT is saying that Fassel might have a shot at the job. Somewhere I read that the Raiders' QB coach Shoop interviewed, though I doubt he gets it. So, who do you think it will be?

Art Shell....Al Davis said he regrets having fired Shell...he will bring him back.

Ken Wishenhunt since he's most likely to be a good "company" man and do what davis tells him

dominizzo said:
Ken Wishenhunt I mean heck they waited after the Super Bowl cuz they wanted KEn to be their man
Very true. I am pretty sure Davis wants Wishenhunt, but some people are saying that he might turn down the Raiders' job since he doesn't have power in choosing his assistants.

Shell was great. I remember those days when I use to go to the colisiuem to watch the Raiders. FREAKIN GREEDY DAVIS AND BARBARA.

I think it's going to be close between Shell and Whisenhunt. I like Shell to get the job, though.

Just saw on ESPNews that Wishenhunt will stay with the Steelers next season. I think that the Raiders really wanted him, but he didn't want to be the next HC after what he saw there. My guess for the Raiders HC will be John Shoop.

This is great, Wisenhunt rejected the Raiders! Though Oakland will probably hire Art Shell, which isn't a bad choice, I would take him over Wisenhunt, Mangini, or Jauron.

It looks like that the Raiders was the one who made the rejection.

Raiders | Whisenhunt did not receive offer
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:04:48 -0800

ESPNews reports Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt did not receive an offer from the Oakland Raiders to become head coach and has decided to remain with the Steelers' coaching staff.

Steelers | Whisenhunt to stay
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:04:42 -0800

ESPNews reports Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt did not receive an offer from the Oakland Raiders to become head coach and has decided to remain with the Steelers' coaching staff.

I figured that it would be the other way around.

Ace88 said:
It looks like that the Raiders was the one who made the rejection.

Raiders | Whisenhunt did not receive offer
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:04:48 -0800

Steelers | Whisenhunt to stay
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:04:42 -0800

I figured that it would be the other way around.
I thought this might happen, that is why I voted for Art Shell.

Looks like the Raiders are going through hell right now.

Raiders | Petrino was offered job
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:58:32 -0800

The Associated Press reports University of Louisville head coach Bobby Petrino was offered the Oakland Raiders' head coaching position but he rejected the offer, according to a Louisville football spokesman. Petrino announced shortly after interviewing for the Raiders' post on Tuesday, Jan. 17, that he would return to Louisville.

Back
Top Bottom