Who will the Bengals pick now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will the Bengals pick now?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
If the Jets don't take Fields, say, because of Darnold and because Fields himself hasn't played that great and don't rate Wilson either (maybe about even w Darnold) and end up taking Sewell, who will the Bengals take? Parsons? Chase? Surtain?

Or do you think the Jets are still going QB Fields/Wilson?

I could see the Jets taking Sewell, or even trading down.

It looks like a good quarterback class, but a pretty substantial drop from Lawrence to Fields, Wilson etc.

I can see the Bengals trading down. Clearly... they need Offensive Linemen as their first, second, and third need. They let Burrow take a David Carr-like beating and that is just a freaking stupid thing to do to a rookie QB.

At the end of the day I think the Sewell will be there at 3 and the Bengals will take him. The jets have a very good LT so what's the point to draft Sewell and move Becton when they have so many other needs?

Jets could trade down with a team that covets Sewell or a QB.

Not sure how any OT is selected top 5 in any draft. That is such a wasted pick. No matter how 'generational' that lineman might be.

Sewell will go top 5 tho.
I agree one of the top 5 teams will make that mistake.

Personally I think if given the choice, burrow takes chase over sewell.

But we'll see which bad team still values old school drafting.

I could see the Jets loading up on picks if they have a GM that is smart. They could tell the Bengals we are taking Sewell unless you want to trade picks. Then they could tell Carolina we are taking Fields unless you want to make a deal. Might not work, Panthers may want Parsons instead.

I could see the Jets loading up on picks if they have a GM that is smart. They could tell the Bengals we are taking Sewell unless you want to trade picks. Then they could tell Carolina we are taking Fields unless you want to make a deal. Might not work, Panthers may want Parsons instead.
That seems like the smartest move.

While I haven't paid much attention to quarterbacks, it strikes me as a significant drop from Lawrence.

Maybe a good coach could get production out of Darnold.

Not sure how any OT is selected top 5 in any draft. That is such a wasted pick. No matter how 'generational' that lineman might be.
Because other than QB (and after Lawrence there is a large drop off ), the draft doesn’t offer much at the other premium positions such as pass rusher and cornerback. Someone has to be drafted in the top five and Sewell will offer the most value at a premium position. Teams in the top five may find it hard to move down if QB needy teams don’t see the value of moving up for those other QBs. They may just sit where they are and let the QBs come to them like Miami and SanDiego did with Tua and Herbert.

Because other than QB (and after Lawrence there is a large drop off ), the draft doesn’t offer much at the other premium positions such as pass rusher and cornerback. Someone has to be drafted in the top five and Sewell will offer the most value at a premium position. Teams in the top five may find it hard to move down if QB needy teams don’t see the value of moving up for those other QBs. They may just sit where they are and let the QBs come to them like Miami and SanDiego did with Tua and Herbert.

Going back to the time the question was whether Tua would ever play again and Herbert was 'awkward', which QB class is 'stronger' after #1?

Fields (needs work finding the open rcvr and consistency, gets sloppy, lost the GA job to Fromm)
Wilson (always in a clean pocket, competition, play under duress)
Lance (Competition and sample size)

OR last years,

Tua (injury)
Herbert ('awkward', short scripted throws, would still miss some of those short throws to the flats, always in a clean pocket, leadership)
Hurts (lost job to Tua, trouble finding the open rcvr)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom