who will win the third wr spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who will win the third wr spot

16wins4fins

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
i am from up north and had a chance to fly down south and see the open practice held during early june and being a dolphins fan since i was o lets say 10 years old(and that was twenty years ago) it was the next best thing to being at a game i got to see all the players on the feild the only thing that was hard for me to figure out was who was who at times i did notice the standout play of our cb and chris chambers this kid is like the next jerry rice either his glove size is around gadsens size or he has got some serious stickum on them because he was a freek out their ,david boston did catch a few good passes but i could not single out our third wr it was as if we do not even have more than two receivers on this team . i think we can be in a little trouble come september if someone does not do some serious azz kickin in the preseason ,and as a fin fan for so many years i have been let down so many times no defense or no offense was usually the case marino to rally the troops but no d to keep the win.now their is a d and no freekin o i blame fefe for a lot of this but lets hope we can find a third receiver asap or i think that will b our downfall this year:cooldude: what do you think?

i dont know but i think it will be Derrius Thompson even though he had a bad year last year

Do u think Derrius Thompson could be a legit 3rd? I personally think he has a great shot. Hes more suited for the 3rd reciever spot, he got one more year with experience in the Dolphins system, and he has Jerry Sullivan to work with.

DT will win the spot, and be a great #3 WR.

FinFan24 said:
Do u think Derrius Thompson could be a legit 3rd? I personally think he has a great shot. Hes more suited for the 3rd reciever spot, he got one more year with experience in the Dolphins system, and he has Jerry Sullivan to work with.

I agree with this 110%. He's just not suited for #2...and Jerry should make a big impact on him this year. I'd brace myself for a surprising year from DT.

Not that it really matters, because we will mostly be playing 2 WR sets, but I'm sure it will be Derrius Thompson that gets the #3 WR job.

i like his physical attributes he just lacked route running and confidence it seemed at times but im sure sullivan's tutelage will help him in the route running dept, and once he starts smokin nickel backs around the league... the confidence will catch up. but dont get me wrong i like tolver, he would add a different dimension, hes quick and shifty, but maybe too small.

Dolphinizzle said:
Not that it really matters, because we will mostly be playing 2 WR sets, but I'm sure it will be Derrius Thompson that gets the #3 WR job.
How about if we ran more 3 receiver sets with Ricky going out as a 4th receiver and AJ in the shotgun.....:hmmm:

catapano said:
heres a pic of our 3rd wide reciever

:roflmao: that should be a good #3 receiver because he will almost always land on his feet and that should count for a great YAC avg. He also is very fast i wouldnt be surprised if he ran under a 4.3 in the 40 :roflmao:

Maybe with less pressure and easier matchups combined with some excellent Coaching DT could turn out to be what we thought he'd be last year. It would be great to get production out of a guy that just really bombed last year. If not DT the position is wide open. Whoever lines up there has a great chance against single coverage.

fint0xicated said:
How about if we ran more 3 receiver sets with Ricky going out as a 4th receiver and AJ in the shotgun.....:hmmm:

So what are you asking? If DT will still be the #3 if Ricky lines up as a receiver? :hmmm:

Anyways, I think McMike will act as our 3rd receiver the majority of the time.

Dolphinizzle said:
So what are you asking? If DT will still be the #3 if Ricky lines up as a receiver? :hmmm:

thats only if he stays out of jail hopefully

Dolphinizzle said:
Yes. You mentioned us running 2 WR sets most of the time. I'd like to see us run 3 wr sets more often (DT #3) and Ricky split wide as the 4th with AJ sitting back there at shotgun. That IMO would be a good sight to see once or twice a game (asuming AJ gets the chance to sit back there)

Back
Top Bottom