Who would be a good late round draft pick for runningback? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would be a good late round draft pick for runningback?

Pending how we fare with our first four picks and whether we have solidly addressed our needs, I would use our 2nd third round pick and grab Lattimore in a heartbeat. I have followed this kid from his days at Byrnes HS and he is a special athlete and a special person. He will be healthy again and sooner than anyone ever expected.

bells a good player but i doubt he gets out of round 4 worst case...guys i like later are stephon taylor who because of what he runs will have a good shot at being on the board til the middle of day 3 and i like ray graham late as well...taylors a nice steal pick on day 3 in the 5th round or so...

jonathon franklin won't get out of day 2...

I agree with Rex Burkhead late. He's a player and even with few carries could be a great special teamer.

LeVeon Bell wouldn't excite me, I think he's being overrated. Big guy who doesn't break a ton of tackles; but what worries me more about him is that he made his living at MSU largely on outside runs, which just sounds strange for a guy that size. Part of it was his bad OLine, sure, but he's just not that good between the tackles (mostly because he's a little slow out of cuts, little burst) and is always looking to kick it outside - that's not going to be there for him in the NFL. You see in this video just how often he's outside the Tackle, I can't imagine him doing this in the League. He is great in pass protection and a decent check-down guy, but that doesn't make up for what he lacks in straight-up carrying. He's worth a 6th, imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r74G2Mm2xQ

bell played at 240 lbs this year dropped weight to 230 during the draft process to run faster and came away with a 4.62 which isn't a bad # for that size...he says he wants to play at 230 which should help his burst if he can maintain that playing weight some...not that i thought for a big body he had no 2nd gear...he does lack top end take it the distance home run speed but he runs well behind his pads and i think has pretty good pad level and he punishes people and wear em down later in games...as far as a pass reciever if there's a better big back as far as a natural hands catcher and looks like he knows what he's doing in that regard i haven't seen him in this class...plus feet for his size and a very good pass protector...

i think he's be a nice short yardage and change of pace back for us and maybe more...if he last til the 6th round i'll fall out

Lattimore at our 3b or 4 would be great. I have a feeling SF might take a shot at him early with all their extra picks. I also like the kid out of Florida, Gillislee. Saw a couple games and thought the kid looked good.

Unless you have a guy like Adrian Peterson starting you in the face I don't think you really need to take RBs before a late third anymore. There seem to be more and more kids with question marks dropping to later rounds for whatever reason that provide good talent and fill a need. RB by committee makes that easier to hide their flaws.

According to MiamiDolphins.com we only have 3 RB on the roster - pretty sure we will be drafting one.

bells a good player but i doubt he gets out of round 4 worst case...guys i like later are stephon taylor who because of what he runs will have a good shot at being on the board til the middle of day 3 and i like ray graham late as well...taylors a nice steal pick on day 3 in the 5th round or so...

jonathon franklin won't get out of day 2...

if Michael from A&M is there at 110 I'd snag him.. If he's gone I would take Taylor

if Michael from A&M is there at 110 I'd snag him.. If he's gone I would take Taylor

if michael from a & m gets there it will be because of character and will probably mean he's off an awful lot of boards...he sure doesn't warrant being still there talent wise...

Lattimore at our 3b or 4 would be great. I have a feeling SF might take a shot at him early with all their extra picks. I also like the kid out of Florida, Gillislee. Saw a couple games and thought the kid looked good.

Unless you have a guy like Adrian Peterson starting you in the face I don't think you really need to take RBs before a late third anymore. There seem to be more and more kids with question marks dropping to later rounds for whatever reason that provide good talent and fill a need. RB by committee makes that easier to hide their flaws.

According to MiamiDolphins.com we only have 3 RB on the roster - pretty sure we will be drafting one.

I agree, especially since it seems like eash year some of the late round or even undrafted runningbacks are as good or even better than the first or second rd backs. Some might be the system for the success of the late round backs, but if a team knows how to select, they can pick the runningback that would be very effective in their system. And some is talent overlooked, maybe because of a smalll school or too much emphasis on a backs speed and not as much on more important qualities like field vision, and quickness, etc. Some of the best or better backs in the league are or have been later rd runningbacks. Look at alfred morris he's been as good as the top round runnningback cleveland drafted. Frank gore's a 3rd rb back, arian foster one of the best backs in the league undrafted.

Back
Top Bottom